RyanW

Halo 5 Post Launch Wishlist

Misc.

• There's currently no option to set party privacy to "Open", "Friends Only", or "Invite Only" and no option to set the size of the party (1-16).
  • File Share
  • Ability to lower weapons for Machinima purposes

This option actually is available in the fireteam menu (hit X and then Y from the main menu screen) though it can only be "Friends Only" or "Invite Only" as of now.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I want to see massive tweaks to the ranking system, and matchmaking algorithms. Onyx and platinum people should never play against each other. Even the lower tiers of diamond should not face Onyx players. No one should be matched against a person already placed if they are still in their placement matches. And since there is no population counter, I can't tell whether there just literally aren't enough people to match you with similarly skilled players, or the ranking system is just performing that poorly. FIX THE RANKING SYSTEM. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's like 343 has no idea what they are doing in development.  The first thing you do is get a list of standard features (i.e look at previous titles) and use them as requirements.  

343 is probably the worst thing to happen to halo.

It makes sense though. If we had Reach's custom game options and Forge in H5 day one we could just create the whole Breakout experience ourselves, therefore making 343i look REALLY dumb trying to sell it as a new, original thing.

We could also make our own BTB maps and 343i would not have an excuse to delay BTB for multiple months and shove Warzone down our throats.

No one should be matched against a person already placed if they are still in their placement matches.

This is actually a horrible idea. If you play nothing but people who's ELO is jumping all over the place, while your ELO is all over the place, your placement would be so far off the mark. That, and eventually it'll take people absurd amounts of time to find games as more and more people leave placement matches.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the ranking system. If you knew how ELO worked, you would know it's working fine. It's not even been a week yet, and people are expecting pinpoint precision on their rank. That's just not how the system works.

When you open your friend list like in previous Halo games, be able to see your friends status under their name. Things like,

- in main menu

- idle

- in matchmaking game

- in campaign

• Upvote (+1) 2

Here's some things I've thought of just from watching the game.

Medals

• Can't see what medals you got in the carnage report, this needs to come back along with the top medals from H3.

• Bring multi-kills down to 4 seconds rather than 5.

• REQ packs to contain classic medal skins (Reach medals, Halo 3 medals, ect).

• Make it so the medals show up straight away on the medal feed after earning them, rather than queuing as sometimes you can't tell if you got the multi-kill. This also ruins montages to a certain degree.

Balancing

• Reduce AR range.

• Increase clip size of the Pistol.

• Significantly reduce magnetism and aim assist on the Sniper Rifle.

• Possibly reduce magnetism on other weapons like the BR too, but not sure about this as I haven't played the game yet.

• Pretty clear than the spawns aren't good, fix them.

UI

• Option to see party details, so you can see who your friends are partied up with. Also, would like to see who is partied up on the other team like you could in H3 and HR....even CoD is doing this now as it was in the BO3 beta.

• Option to choose a server to get the best possible connections. The Aussies deserve this more than anyone, although it seems like connections are good overall anyway. 

• I'm guessing this is classed as UI, so....parties of 4 should not be matching solo players in ranked, I shouldn't even have to comment on this, it should of been one of the more important things when they were making the UI/ranking system.

• Get the clan system in game like Halo 2, I'm guessing the power of OG Xbox > Xbox One :lxthul: . Also, would be nice to have some sort of 'clan rank' and a section where you can see every clans record.

• File Share. Come on 343, these are hugely important features in Halo games, it's things like these that help the community thrive and even give the game itself a good sense of community in the first place.

Playlists

• We seriously need some social playlists, otherwise the casual players only have 1 playlist which isn't even arena based.

• Something else they could do with the clan system is have some sort of clan vs clan playlist.

• Would love to see a playlist with Forge only maps (made by the community). This'll give people more motivation to Forge once it's released.

Other Random Things

• I still think the movement looks a little slow, so would like the see standard movement a bit faster.

• Fix the aiming, because clearly there are problems, otherwise there wouldn't be so much complaining.

• Would love a Beyond emblem and weapon skin.

• Use REQ weapons/the legendary weapons in Customs.

• Just fix Theater  :wutface: That includes being able to save films and clips.

• Campaign Scoring. 

That's all I can think of at the moment, but it's a pretty long list anyway.

• Upvote (+1) 2

A suggestion for future warzone maps: maybe mix in the occasional CTF or bomb sequence (since they're all symmetrical), in lieu of some of the AI battles, for parts of the map that have workable real estate but aren't designated as home bases, armories, or the center base. Maybe update existing maps as well to do this on parts of the map that are currently seldom or never used. Off the top of my head, the relay/comm towers in ARC, the dig sites in ARC (where AIs sometimes spawn but there's zero reason to go there otherwise), and the docks on Apex (I don't know the actual callout for those).

• Upvote (+1) 1

A suggestion for future warzone maps: maybe mix in the occasional CTF or bomb sequence (since they're all symmetrical), in lieu of some of the AI battles, for parts of the map that have workable real estate but aren't designated as home bases, armories, or the center base. Maybe update existing maps as well to do this on parts of the map that are currently seldom or never used. Off the top of my head, the relay/comm towers in ARC, the dig sites in ARC (where AIs sometimes spawn but there's zero reason to go there otherwise), and the docks on Apex (I don't know the actual callout for those).

I like this suggestion; I had made a similar comment previously:

Also, to enhance the variety of the mode [Warzone], the on-map objectives may be increased from merely base capture and defense, for example though a random objective, such as a flag or extraction site, spawning after the first Legendary boss is defeated, and one minute after the last Legendary boss is vanquished (should the match still be going, to prevent it from simply becoming Slayer), with 75 and 100 points on offer for completion respectively.

Having those extra objectives would improve the variety of the experience, allow players who excel at different activities address find their place in Warzone, and address possible stalemates arising or the experience becoming stale after the supply of bosses has been exhausted.

-Ability to see medals in post-game stats.

-Ability to see who is in a fireteam amongst people on your friends list.

-Remove distraction, BXR, Nadeshot and all other gimmicky medals and give me my damn assist medal back.

-Fix multikill announcer/medal display when accumulated quickly (extremely clunky atm).

-Give me a Halo-3-esque veto system if you dont want a pure voting system so I don't play the same map 3x in a row and 7 out of 10 times.

Surrender option. If you have teammates leave before a team reaches 25 kills/50 Strongholds points/2 flag caps, you should be given the option to surrender. If at least half of the other team accepts your surrender vote, the game will end. They get the win, you don't suffer a loss, and the match isn't dragged out the full 12 minutes because you're scared of quit penalties.

I'd love to see them add a "Highest rank achieved" into the Arena details page, that shows the highest you've been ranked in a Champion division. With something like that you could grind your ass off to try and get into Champion and climb the leader boards, then when you have no more desire to grind/try and stay in Champion division, you still have something to show off to your friends. 

Would it not be cool to be able to show people in the future, that at one point in time, you were ranked near the top of that specific playlist. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Party restrictions in ranked.

Permanent social playlists without party restrictions.