Sign in to follow this  
SMARTAN 427

Still can't play Halo 5 yet because of download/install wait

Please tell me that I am not the only one.

So Halo 5 is the first Halo game that I have gotten to go to a midnight launch for and have the chance to play on day one.

Had a great time at the midnight launch event at the local Gamestop, where they held a raffle and even setup a Halo 2 classic on Xbox 360 LAN tournament (4 player FFA on two 360s with two players per screen, the tournament didn't get to finish because it got to late).

I had gone with my buddy who had pre-ordered from Gamestop, I pre-ordered digitally, but had never been to a midnight launch before. It was fun.

So, 1 hour after launch, we finally get home and I'm ready to play my already-pre-downloaded Halo 5...

Only to find out that it is re-downlowding all 54.8 gigs of memory AFTER I HAD ALREADY PRE-DOWNLOADED IT!

1 Hour after launch, when I got home, it was at 27%, so I figured that I could just go to bed and have it be done by the time I wake up.

NOPE! After sleeping off and on for around 10 hours, 15 hours after launch, and 14 hours after it had hit 27% after only 1 hour of downloading after launch, my download progress is at...

ONLY 69% PERCENT!!!???

My roommate, who didn't start installing the disc until about 5 and a half hours after launch, is finally at 99% percent.

I AM SO FUCKING PISSED RIGHT NOW!!!

I scheduled the day off work to be able to finally get to play a Halo game at launch for the first time, and I get THIS!?

It is currently 12:25 PST in the State of Washington right now. My buddy gets off work in 3 hours and will surely want to play his copy when he gets off, but at the rate my download is going, I'll likely have to head back to bed in preparation for work tomorrow.

I won't get another day off until Sunday. 5 days after launch. Today is an absolute fucking waste of a day off, and I have been so fucking excited for this game.

343I/Microsoft, WHAT THE FUCK WAS EVEN THE POINT OF PRE-DOWNLOADING BEFORE LAUNCH, ONLY TO HAVE TO RE-DOWNLOAD THE WHOLE 54.8 GIGS ALL OVER AGAIN!?!?!?!?!

I'm just saying, there better be some good fucking compensation for this fucking bullshit.

Thanks to whoever actually takes the time to read this book of venting.

-SMARTAN 427

54 gigs?

My Halo 5 is only 9 gigs... Are you sure you're not accidentally reinstalling MCC?

The 9GB is a patch update. Halo 5 is actually 45~GB. It wouldn't only be 9GB.

OP a lot of people pre-downloaded just fine, I honestly think it's your internet/xbox

Welcome to the NEXTGEN™ of gaming!

Don't forget to order your Mt Dew verification cans before the release of Halo 6.

UPDATE!

FINALLY! 26 AND A HALF HOURS AFTER LAUNCH IT IS FINISHED! I CAN PLAY!

Just in time to go bed for work tomorrow...

Such an awesome day off watching my roommate play the normal difficulty campaign. /Sarcasm