KurtiZ

343 unlocked the regions! But now every single game is laggy -_-

"Be careful what you wish for"

They unlocked it! But now I never get games on the Australian server, every game is laggy now. Shit man, can't we just have the option to select a server like you guys said before release? Or at least the Halo 3 option of prioritizing good connection? 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Wasn't MCC horrible for Australians and New Zealanders? Why did you expect anything different from 343 this time around?

The moment they said they were dropping server selection, we knew it was going to be fucked sooner or later. It was a certainty.

Are there even servers outside the US?

@@beamimpact looked up his ping and all of his games ran on US servers, when I play I do have a noticeable amount of lag/Hit detection problems most of the time (nothing at the scale of MCC but still..)

The moment they said they were dropping server selection, we knew it was going to be fucked sooner or later. It was a certainty.

I just don't know why you guys keep buying 343s games. They have shown zero care to making sure you guys have a good experience. Your whole experience is fucked by something so simple that they fail to do.

I just don't know why you guys keep buying 343s games. They have shown zero care to making sure you guys have a good experience. Your whole experience is fucked by something so simple that they fail to do.

psssssst, I haven't.

Playing prime time Aus and NZ 4pm - 10pm on a Saturday, I have not matched one recognizable Aus or NZ player all night, every game is full of either thick USA accents or people that speak a language I do not understand. Whats worse is the ping difference is making it unwinnable in gametypes like Breakout and Swat where you can shoot them 2 or 3 times without it registering and then they just turn around and kill you...... very frustrating. It's back to custom games for everyone that lives outside of USA. 

Also, I seem to teleport often now since this unlocking of regions.

I'm from central EU so excuse me if I have no idea what I'm talking about, but this whole situation seems like a damned if you do damned if you don't.

• When aussies/NZ can only match other aussies/NZ they can't find a game
  • When they can match the whole world they get >200 ping every game.

How do the non-343 games handle it?

By not being completely and absolutely incompetent.

Edit: real answer, server selection. The most basic fucking solution.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Exactly the reason they shouldn't have in the first place , what do you think it was going to happen? dafuq 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nothing is more annoying that being the the USA, playing a game made by a studio in the USA, and not being able to hit someone because they are warping all over the place because they live in another country.....  I'm sure all that play in a particular country would have no issues playing with only players in their proximity so that the games play better with minimal lag.

Why can't they find a game?  What is causing the issue for them to not be able to find other AUS/NZ players?  Whatever it is, that is what needs to be fixed while not disrupting USA to USA connections with no lag.

Really disappointed to see we are locked out again - we don't care if it's laggy for us! 

Servers have been unlocked, but now it seems every single game is on American servers for us (laggy asF). 

Um, lol

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm from central EU so excuse me if I have no idea what I'm talking about, but this whole situation seems like a damned if you do damned if you don't.

Just do it like COD: Search for ~2minutes for games on the Aus server (located in Sydney), and if no game is found open it up to other servers. Or give the option to prioritize good connection, or fast matching - because sometimes you just don't want to have to deal with lag and other times, say when you have a full team on, the lag doesn't matter as much and matching closer-skilled opponents is better.

Um, lol

Yes, saw that coming. Congratulations.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

nah you can find a game if you just match nz/aus, just takes a min or 2 longer, it's more noticeable for good players who want to find high skill games. the population of nz / aus is enough to find quick consistent games, just not quick and consistent high level games. 

in h3 and reach all you had to do was search good connection and you'd find local, even in reach i played about 6-7k local games in reach of my 10k MM games, most of the foreign search was searching mlg, snipes, some BTB and the smaller playlists like dubs, classic and squad, otherwise the other playlists i'd turn on local search.

being able to choose local or quick search alleviates the search problems.

Seriously who is the Muppet that convinced 343 turning off the regional lock was a good idea... I've been playing since release and was loving it until yesterday. Never had any issue finding good connection games. Now it's just unplayable.

TURN REGION LOCK BACK ON!

Seriously who is the Muppet that convinced 343 turning off the regional lock was a good idea... I've been playing since release and was loving it until yesterday. Never had any issue finding good connection games. Now it's just unplayable.

TURN REGION LOCK BACK ON!

I'm so confused. I see everyone complaining that the region lock didn't allow them to find games and request it be turned off so they can find games and don't care if they're laggy.

24 hours after the change and we're begging to have it turned back on because games are laggy.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm so confused. I see everyone complaining that the region lock didn't allow them to find games and request it be turned off so they can find games and don't care if they're laggy.

24 hours after the change and we're begging to have it turned back on because games are laggy.

Most of us don't know what we have until it's gone :(

I understand the confusion.

I've played with at least 100 AU/NZ players on halo 5 95% of players are happy with local matching (myself included).

Late at night you can't really find games at high levels and that's about it, it was working very well.

The main point put simple is we need an option to choose ourselves.

If party restrictions were put in place this would help a lot too (finding a team of 4 americans playing solo isn't much fun).

Most if not all the problems we are frustrated about would be alleviated if they implemented this.

You just need to increase the local search time before it switches to worldwide.  That would give us the best of both worlds.  ~2mins of searching would be reasonable to find an Australian/NZ lobby, and if it doesn't find one there expand the search to US/Europe.

You just need to increase the local search time before it switches to worldwide.  That would give us the best of both worlds.  ~2mins of searching would be reasonable to find an Australian/NZ lobby, and if it doesn't find one there expand the search to US/Europe.

Why not have two options;

- Local search 

- Fastest possible (worldwide search)

This takes out the guessing process and lets people make up their own mind.

Why not have two options;

- Local search 

- Fastest possible (worldwide search)

This takes out the guessing process and lets people make up their own mind.

Yeah, true this is a viable option.  The only problem I can see with this is it making it more difficult for people who have ticked local search to get a match, as a lot will just have fastest possible.  When you combine them and allocate a larger wait time to local wouldn't it be more effective at matching locally?