KurtiZ

343 unlocked the regions! But now every single game is laggy -_-

I understand the confusion.

I've played with at least 100 AU/NZ players on halo 5 95% of players are happy with local matching (myself included).

Late at night you can't really find games at high levels and that's about it, it was working very well.

The main point put simple is we need an option to choose ourselves.

If party restrictions were put in place this would help a lot too (finding a team of 4 americans playing solo isn't much fun).

Most if not all the problems we are frustrated about would be alleviated if they implemented this.

Totally agree, I'm really upset that they decided to not follow through with the date center option. Would have been great.

It's just, I don't understand why some people ask for the region lock to be removed then complain when the games lag. Like, you're matching people in EU and US. How can you not expect lag? 

:/

Yeah, true this is a viable option.  The only problem I can see with this is it making it more difficult for people who have ticked local search to get a match, as a lot will just have fastest possible.  When you combine them and allocate a larger wait time to local wouldn't it be more effective at matching locally?

Yeah that makes sense, it's a tricky situation because the AU/NZ population just isn't that large.

I just really want to not find americans if I'm playing solo I'll wait 20 mins haha ;).

It all wouldn't be so bad if we got equally matched to party size (randoms vs randoms, team vs team ect).

• Upvote (+1) 1

Totally agree, I'm really upset that they decided to not follow through with the date center option. Would have been great.

It's just, I don't understand why some people ask for the region lock to be removed then complain when the games lag. Like, you're matching people in EU and US. How can you not expect lag? 

:/

Yeah it's flawed logic but it's emotional venting I think haha ;)

Most of the top Aussies/Kiwis want to play americans for practice with their team to learn and get better.

But the searching options will solve this imo :).

I was ecstatic when region lock was removed. Not only were games instantly found, the matches were usually full of players who had some idea what they were doing. I managed to get matched against about 8 different champion players only after about 3 games--something I'd never hope to be able to do with region lock enabled. Now that the unlock has been rescinded again I'm waiting in excess of 15 minutes to find a single match, which will likely end up being a lopsided to4 against 4 randoms because next to nobody plays the game at high onyx frequently enough. Unfortunately I know I'm a minority in this regard, so all I can do is hope that 343 implement the option to select a server or enable a 'quickest matchmaking' option :<.

I played 5 or so games this morning and found americans every game...
I just want to know what region I'm even searching in, it's so frustrating.
One day it's strictly my region other days it's not.

I played 5 or so games this morning and found americans every game...

I just want to know what region I'm even searching in, it's so frustrating.

One day it's strictly my region other days it's not.

Hello good sir :3

How are you finding the game so far? Many Aussies playing?

Hello good sir :3

How are you finding the game so far? Many Aussies playing?

Hey bro,

The game is really good, missing features which will make it great (forge, btb and file share which are all coming in December).

It has a halo reach feel to it, in a good way.

Plenty of aussies playing, finding games in any playlist is super quick and I only struggle to find games at the highest level during the day and really late at night (which is to be expected).

The connection on the server is also really great, the best connection online experience I've had so far in any halo game.

"Be careful what you wish for"

They unlocked it! But now I never get games on the Australian server, every game is laggy now. Shit man, can't we just have the option to select a server like you guys said before release? Or at least the Halo 3 option of prioritizing good connection? 

You can't expect to have fun playing a first person shooter where nearly ever single kill comes down to milliseconds at a 200ms disadvantage.

At first it might seem fine as you're ranking up, but as soon as you reach a skill threshold where players actually know how to aim it becomes impossible to win.

Just gotta fight for that region filtering option I guess.

PC players have known this for 2 decades. You'll NEVER see an Aussie CS player join an American game. It just doesn't happen.

Hell, I refused to play LoL in ranked until they released the Aussie servers and that's a game that is far less dependant on low latency than any FPS.

I can't take a competitive game seriously that matches up players in matches that are impossible to win. Halo 5 is supposed to bring arena FPS gameplay back to Halo but right now UT and Quake players are laughing their asses off at the fact that Aussies are expected to play against Yanks on NA host.

@@Sal1ent @@Deez

Region filter option. K thx.