zZunair

Halo 5: Guardians - Meta/Strategy Discussion

So I'm starting to really think Melee + shooting like standard Halo is useless in this game at this point. I've been having a lot more mileage by meleeing then then the instant I get contact, I Thrust left/right and pop their heads off with the Pistol. I believe it's much faster and disorients the players pretty easily.

Also thanks for the nade tricks guys. Will have to learn some soon lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

If I gathered up these XboxClips nade tricks, put them in a single video (call it volume one or something like that) and gave proper credit, would anyone be offended?

• Upvote (+1) 3

So I'm starting to really think Melee + shooting like standard Halo is useless in this game at this point. I've been having a lot more mileage by meleeing then then the instant I get contact, I Thrust left/right and pop their heads off with the Pistol. I believe it's much faster and disorients the players pretty easily.

Also thanks for the nade tricks guys. Will have to learn some soon lol

the delay from melee then shooting is too much...thus thrusting or some other move is needed to speed up (or make you think its quicker) the process....ridiculous

• Upvote (+1) 1

Rig Strongholds is such an entrancing gametype for me, I honestly think it is beautifully designed. Long Hall/Catwalk is such a dominating position to hold. Holding Nest and Basement is by far the most efficient set up (that I've noticed), because of the heavy spawn influence in Bunker/Cargo/BR Base/Engine.

If you find that your team is trapped in BR Base, slow down the game until you can push a Railgun into Yellow Corner, or take the Camo to Nest.

Love that gametype

• Upvote (+1) 1

Rig Strongholds is such an entrancing gametype for me, I honestly think it is beautifully designed. Long Hall/Catwalk is such a dominating position to hold. Holding Nest and Basement is by far the most efficient set up (that I've noticed), because of the heavy spawn influence in Bunker/Cargo/BR Base/Engine.

If you find that your team is trapped in BR Base, slow down the game until you can push a Railgun into Yellow Corner, or take the Camo to Nest.

Love that gametype

I agree rig stronghold plays well. Plaza on the other hand might be the worst map ever created.
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I agree rig stronghold plays well. Plaza on the other hand might be the worst map ever created.

Plaza TS is amazing rofl

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Still don't have a detailed idea of Plaza. Rig though I agree that's how to run it. I generally have someone in mid with Scattershot, one on Catwalk, one by stairs by Basement and last goes Caster bridge area or roams. I don't think I have lost a game on Stronghold Rig yet and I'm Champion/onyx on Arena

If I gathered up these XboxClips nade tricks, put them in a single video (call it volume one or something like that) and gave proper credit, would anyone be offended?

Obviously I can't speak for the people clipping these in the first place, but such a video would be very useful for those of us who don't have the time or inclination to search through a forum thread for individual clips.

Love that gametype

I played with a team that just kept capturing BR Base when we were busy defending Basement and Nest.

It was horrible because it shifted our spawns from Basement / Nest to Nest / BR Base. We spawned too far away to efficiently defend any of our bases except for BR Base, which is a horrible place to defend to begin with.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wonder how plaza strongholds or hill would play.

It's set up for Strongholds, yet Empire Strongholds took priority when they set up the HCS game types. I'm not sure if Plaza Strongholds was just unbalanced, or if they wanted a faster paced hectic Strongholds via Empire in the rotation.

I think this is the correct place for this.

Me and my friends found that Ghost Edges are a thing in Halo 5. I can't think of a way to describe ghost edges, so here they are in action in Halo 2 and Halo 3.

And here they are in Halo 5, the difference here is that clamber makes it incredibly easy to perform. Essentially you jump into a spot where an invisible edge is, spam jump to clamber and jump again. This can be chained as you can see in the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgRlquXuDrc

• Upvote (+1) 7

Was messing around with these nade tricks from you guy's videos, and found a bunch of easy jumps you can do by ground pound clambering that are just a bit too high for normal Clamber.

To ground pound clamber, just jump or sprint jump as necessary and right before you hit the peak of your jump, hold ground pound to get just a little bit more height and then Clamber in the middle of holding ground pound. For some you have to wait for ground pound to nearly slam by the time you get the right angle.

Plaza has a couple great uses for this.

You can jump from where the Hydra spawns up and out the window that is above the nearby SMG spawn with ground pound clamber after sprint jumping off the nearest tree stand/base.

Also, you, can jump from that Van Bottom Mid to execute a chain of jumps to get straight up to OS or further on up to Cinema Loft sneaky area overlooking the Sniper spawn.

Ground Pound Clamber is the new Crouch-jumping(although this still has some uses.).

I would post vids but I don't know how (help?).

• Upvote (+1) 2

Obviously I can't speak for the people clipping these in the first place, but such a video would be very useful for those of us who don't have the time or inclination to search through a forum thread for individual clips.

Videos would be nice, while I don't care for H5 I have a few friends who do and I keep showing them this thread/clips from here lol.

I probably wouldn't run ads on it, to make sure no one gets upset but its up to you. If you don't make a video about it, someone else will.

Delivered. Lemme know if I messed something up.

Out of rep to give atm. The only thing wrong is I spell 'Mythik' with a 'k'.  ;) Otherwise great video.  :goat:

• Upvote (+1) 1

AR effectiveness:

- Crouching eliminates all recoil and kickback

- ADS eliminates basically all spread

Combining the two can make the AR deadly at range

What do you guys call the overhangs at each base in Coliseum? It looks like the Lion King rock to me, so my vote is Red/Blue King  :kappa: .

What do you guys call the overhangs at each base in Coliseum? It looks like the Lion King rock to me, so my vote is Red/Blue King  :kappa: .

Lion King Rock = Pride.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Here's something I finally got around to testing.

You can perform a perfect thrust with the Magnum and minimize the frames lost to the animation.

It works by taking advantage of the weapon's cooldown between shots and lets thrusting be used as a strafing tool with a small impact on the kill time. To utilize it, all you have to do is thrust right after firing a shot.

As for its effectiveness, the standard TTK is 1.2 seconds while the new TTK is around ~1.3 seconds.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Can someone check if the Light Rifle's fast-3-shot from Halo 4 still works? It's a zoomed shot, a normal shot, and another normal shot, but to the head.

If it does, then its TTK is 0.9 seconds. Otherwise, a zoomed 3-shot is a 1.0 second kill, while a normal 4-shot is a 1.2 second kill.

The actual firing cooldowns for the un-zoomed and the zoomed shots are 0.4 and 0.5 seconds respectively.