zZunair

Halo 5: Guardians - Meta/Strategy Discussion

Thanks to Oak for finding another thing you can do with Thruster!

That is the single greatest video thumbnail, in the history of video thumbnails.

• Upvote (+1) 2

These are straight fire, especially the Rockets one. Nice work.

• Upvote (+1) 1

2 minutes after pickup for powerups. There also seems to be an additional 2 second delay, presumably to counteract the animation but even cancelling the animation gets you the full delay so I don't really know what that's about.

Dunno why they didn't just put them on pads. The increased visibility would help a lot too.

2 minutes after pickup for powerups. There also seems to be an additional 2 second delay, presumably to counteract the animation but even cancelling the animation gets you the full delay so I don't really know what that's about.

Dunno why they didn't just put them on pads. The increased visibility would help a lot too.

Oh. Theyre not static? That explains my confusion.

On coliseum you can also nade the rockets to top snipe if you are standing on the sniper spawn. Has a decent amount of cover and makes it easier to get both. (grenade takes about 3-4 seconds to travel and explode)

I would add a video but I don't really know how. 

That is the single greatest video thumbnail, in the history of video thumbnails.

I take full credit.

Battle Rifle is 8 bullets to kill in breakout I believe (2.66 bursts).

Light Rifle is a god. Seriously. It's the best support weapon I've ever seen. Two chest shots and the enemy's shield is down. Use it top mid on Fathom to pin enemies down whilst your flag runner makes it back to base.

DMR is very powerful, but the narrow FOV when zoomed makes it easy to knock the person out of scope and mess them up.

Need to play more games to find out more. Liking what's in this thread.

DMR on Coliseum is GODLIKE. Like my god I just dome dudes everywhere. Super helpful grabbing rockets as I'm a scrub and didn't learn made tricks yet. Lots of sight lines to use on DMR though

LR top mid on Fathom is a nightmare, no one has yet to use it on me though. Dunno why

Something I didn't know: If you choose to turn stabilizers off, you can still stabilize by pressing the sprint button when zoomed in mid air.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Anyone know why they made weapon launching only work with plasmas? Don't see any reason why it shouldn't work with frags...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone know why they made weapon launching only work with plasmas? Don't see any reason why it shouldn't work with frags...

kinda silly in my opinion...but I know exactly why they did it. They wanted to give a nice throwback to CE but they clearly don't want it prevalent during matches. We don't spawn with stickies and there are a limited amount on maps. Kinda dumb if you ask me, frags should have been able to nade weapons. Also, after you nade a weapon off it's pad it gets heavy as fuck and stickies barely move it after.

• Upvote (+1) 1

it comes down to a few things.
Immersion of course. They wanted a way to have it sort of make sense.

I guess the way they did that is by having it so that the plasma has an effect on the pad's levitation that allows for the launch.

Another reason would be control and consistency.
With this game being primarily 4v4 with a higher killtime it would be very unpredictable for weapon launches and would just end up being 8 people throwing nades at one weapon more than likely launching it across the map or something else dumb.

Having it only work when the weapon is on the pad also allows for less visual clutter in the air with weapons flying everywhere. Less for the game to process maybe? Also easier for people to get the weapons after they are removed from the launch pad.

For 4v4 i feel like it is a good balance. and allows for an interesting meta, people cant just start the game off nading it, they have to at least push the first cycle and then can setup for the next cycle to allow for the launch next time around.

However, it would be nice for that to be different in 2v2. We may just have to hope for plasma off start??? Maybe 2 frags and 2 plasma's off start with the ability to hold 4 of each?

I really really want to start testing settings for 2v2.
Gold Pro this shit or something.

*I really wish they had individual weapon damage modifiers in the custom game settings. : /

• Upvote (+1) 1