zZunair

Halo 5: Guardians - Meta/Strategy Discussion

So, bringing up ghost jumping again...

It really seems to me that it works much better on some maps than others. For instance, I find it extremely useful on Regret; I usually ghost jump pretty much the whole time on that map. On other maps it tends to be more situational. Do you guys usually ghost jump on every single map, or just certain ones?

Also, I haven't seen the pros doing this too much yet, why do you think that is?

I actually think 343 should patch this one. It looks sooooo stupid and it's aggregating to do it.

I saw Snipedown doing it during a scrim and Cratos and Bubu literally walked within feet of him withough aknowledging his existence. Clutch that radar crutch boys.

Yeah you can't do melee, YY, nade. It's a shame. I thought we would be able to cancel melee-lunge into a stick or splinter.

I actually think 343 should patch this one. It looks sooooo stupid and it's aggregating to do it.

I saw Snipedown doing it during a scrim and Cratos and Bubu literally walked within feet of him withough aknowledging his existence. Clutch that radar crutch boys.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I saw someone post a vid of Lethul saying they were going to patch it. It is a pain in the butt. 

Yeah I'm pretty sure I saw someone post a vid of Lethul saying they were going to patch it. It is a pain in the butt. 

I actually like it if I'm being honest. Playing since people have been using it has been making me miss no-radar. The game is slowing down a little and I think the idea that no-radar would make the game "too chaotic" is beginning to hold less and less weight.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I actually like it if I'm being honest. Playing since people have been using it has been making me miss no-radar. The game is slowing down a little and I think the idea that no-radar would make the game "too chaotic" is beginning to hold less and less weight.

If this stays it will only be likes this for a bit. People are just used to using radar as a crutch right now.

Alright everyone, I was watching the CLG vs EG scrims last night (07/05/16) from Lethul's POV and couldn't help but notice how often he was pressing start and un-pausing almost immediately. I think I have seen Contra do it a few times on stream as well. Is there some sort of calibration he is doing that is not mass knowledge yet? Can I simply not find info on it? The chat didn't seem to acknowledge it and I couldn't find anything about it in this thread or on YouTube, where people generally post "exploits" that change the meta of the game. I think I have even seen pro's picking at each other on twitter and in twitch chats saying "You need to press start more" or "You guys would have won if you were pressing start", but this is the first time I have seen a streamer "press start" so much throughout every game.

That being said, I am completely aware that you can see your KDA from the pause menu during any game, and I find myself checking my KDA out of habit a few times every OBJ game. This is NOT what TJ was doing last night. Not only was he pausing and un-pausing so quickly that he couldn't possibly read his KDA, he was doing it so often to the point that once I noticed he was doing it, it was almost distracting for me! It didn't seem to negatively alter his play-style so perhaps he has been doing this so much that he is used to it by now.

As I am at work, I cannot test it until later on tonight, but I would like to know if anybody is aware of why he (and others I am sure) are pausing and un-pausing so often. Does it somehow reset your sensitivity or solidify your connection to the dedicated server? It has to be doing something if Pros are taking the time to move their right thumb off of the right stick and double-tapping start so often.

Alright everyone, I was watching the CLG vs EG scrims last night (07/05/16) from Lethul's POV and couldn't help but notice how often he was pressing start and un-pausing almost immediately. I think I have seen Contra do it a few times on stream as well. Is there some sort of calibration he is doing that is not mass knowledge yet? Can I simply not find info on it? The chat didn't seem to acknowledge it and I couldn't find anything about it in this thread or on YouTube, where people generally post "exploits" that change the meta of the game. I think I have even seen pro's picking at each other on twitter and in twitch chats saying "You need to press start more" or "You guys would have won if you were pressing start", but this is the first time I have seen a streamer "press start" so much throughout every game.

That being said, I am completely aware that you can see your KDA from the pause menu during any game, and I find myself checking my KDA out of habit a few times every OBJ game. This is NOT what TJ was doing last night. Not only was he pausing and un-pausing so quickly that he couldn't possibly read his KDA, he was doing it so often to the point that once I noticed he was doing it, it was almost distracting for me! It didn't seem to negatively alter his play-style so perhaps he has been doing this so much that he is used to it by now.

As I am at work, I cannot test it until later on tonight, but I would like to know if anybody is aware of why he (and others I am sure) are pausing and un-pausing so often. Does it somehow reset your sensitivity or solidify your connection to the dedicated server? It has to be doing something if Pros are taking the time to move their right thumb off of the right stick and double-tapping start so often.

Placebo
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Are you just crouching and uncrouching quickly?

Yes. The movement is very close to the speed of how you walk, but you don't show up on the Motion Sensor at all. It's quite useful, but requires a strong thumb.

Yes. The movement is very close to the speed of how you walk, but you don't show up on the Motion Sensor at all. It's quite useful, but requires a strong thumb.

And a good controller replacement plan. I like it though

cp8SPMR.gif

I have yet to see anyone pull the flag in this manner- can be useful in certain flag runs, specifically through snipe.

I have yet to see anyone pull the flag in this manner- can be useful in certain flag runs, specifically through snipe.

Can we not embed 26MB gifs?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can we not embed 26MB gifs?

Sorry did it though the Xbox DVR Gif Maker.. not really sure how to resize. Feel free to delete if to much data.

Do this towards rockets and you can clamber onto the nerd ledge, and the overhang on snipe side will cut off the LOS from spawners in Cave. It's a very niche use but still pretty nice.

• Upvote (+1) 2