zZunair

Halo 5: Guardians - Meta/Strategy Discussion

Anyone else notice when doing the instant Camo glitch you dont get a timer also has anyone found strats on torque?

I dont even think doing instant power up on Camo does anything, does it? I haven't noticed it at least with Thrust Instant OS thing.

And it just seems currently if you have a lane control, push it hard assuming you have bomb. Take control of it and control their DMR. Map doesn't seem too complex strategy wise currently tbh

Anyone else notice when doing the instant Camo glitch you dont get a timer 

Yeah, you don't, but it lasts 45 seconds so you can just check the time you picked it up.

I dont even think doing instant power up on Camo does anything, does it? I haven't noticed it at least with Thrust Instant OS thing.

If you use the double melee form of cancel, it activates immediately instead of fading into camo. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, you don't, but it lasts 45 seconds so you can just check the time you picked it up.

If you use the double melee form of cancel, it activates immediately instead of fading into camo. 

How do you do the double melee cancel again? 

How do you do the double melee cancel again? 

Hold pickup then melee right before you pick up the power up. Double tap and it should work.

• Upvote (+1) 1

And it just seems currently if you have a lane control, push it hard assuming you have bomb. Take control of it and control their DMR. Map doesn't seem too complex strategy wise currently tbh

I think it might be better to push right lane with respect to your base. Nest is normally a deathtrap and you can get shot from DMR easily. If you trap them in their closet, it's hard to push back without exposing yourself like crazy to getting shot from nades/top mid/deck. As long as you clear barrels by H2BR, you have a good position to push from there.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I haven't been able to test it yet but someone in Naded's chat last night was saying that the ungrabbable powerup bug that has been showing up since the update is caused by someone doing the instant pickup. Saw it happen a couple times in the Denial vs. RNG scrims last night, and I know RNG has been using the cancel, so it makes sense...

• Upvote (+1) 1

I haven't been able to test it yet but someone in Naded's chat last night was saying that the ungrabbable powerup bug that has been showing up since the update is caused by someone doing the instant pickup. Saw it happen a couple times in the Denial vs. RNG scrims last night, and I know RNG has been using the cancel, so it makes sense...

Inb4 advanced powerup control meta.

When I started a new account it happened on my first game against bronze people. I don't think they knew how to do it. So I don't think that's why.

Made a mini Jump up video on a few maps I know of. Its nothing special, just some I feel a lot of players don't utilize 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Made a mini Jump up video on a few maps I know of. Its nothing special, just some I feel a lot of players don't utilize 

great stuff.  thanks for posting.  some editing feedback though; next time allow for a bit of time for the viewer to digest what they just saw.  Just leave a couple more seconds after completion of the jump so the viewer can absorb what you've done.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

great stuff.  thanks for posting.  some editing feedback though; next time allow for a bit of time for the viewer to digest what they just saw.  Just leave a couple more seconds after completion of the jump so the viewer can absorb what you've done.

Yeah I definitely agree with that, its just xbox DVR for some reason would end right as soon as I did the jump so I was sort of stumped. When @@Justin 3ber Bum and I do the actual jump series it'll be much better editing wise I think.

When I started a new account it happened on my first game against bronze people. I don't think they knew how to do it. So I don't think that's why.

I'm tempted to say @@adamisgood is correct. I do the glitch just about every time I pick up a powerup now, and have yet to see a powerup that couldn't be picked up. Maybe if it is a very rare side effect? 

New jump tech Bumjamas found out. Bunnies made a tutorial for the tech. This jump has soooo many applications after messing around with it.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/7mddoMHHlMs

I've been measuring the viability by how long it takes to get my thrust back after the move and so far a lot of the ones in the video and more outside of the video are really reliable because by the middle of the fight you will have Thrust back.

• Upvote (+1) 6

New jump tech Bumjamas found out. Bunnies made a tutorial for the tech. This jump has soooo many applications after messing around with it.

I've been measuring the viability by how long it takes to get my thrust back after the move and so far a lot of the ones in the video and more outside of the video are really reliable because by the middle of the fight you will have Thrust back.

Wow, very nice find it will be interesting to see how many pros start to utilize this. @@Symbolic :o

I can't wait to get home and try this. That basement jump on Rig is awesome!

I can't wait to get home and try this. That basement jump on Rig is awesome!

I got this one down pretty consistent. Once you have the fast hands this is relatively easy because the faster you stabilize the higher you go up 

Are there any known ways to store sliding after your boost is over? I accidentally did this (http://imgur.com/tfuOgk4) mid-game but can't remember how I did it.

As long as you don't break your state of jogging, your slide remains stored.

Furthermore, if I recall correctly, you can slide store without thrusting.

You just have to have good timing.

As long as you don't break your state of jogging, your slide remains stored.

Furthermore, if I recall correctly, you can slide store without thrusting, but you have to have good timing.

Hmm. I wasn't able to duplicate a similar slide to my gif posted so I'm not sure if that was a true slide store or if was just lag on the server during my jump.

Hmm. I wasn't able to duplicate a similar slide to my gif posted so I'm not sure if that was a true slide store or if was just lag on the server during my jump.

Just tested it. You can definitely slide store without sprinting.

You just need perfect timing.

Just tested it. You can definitely slide store without sprinting.

You just need perfect timing.

But that's not what I'm having trouble with. Im trying to slide store after the thrust animation.

How do you slide store without sprinting?

But that's not what I'm having trouble with. Im trying to slide store after the thrust animation.

Fairly certain you cannot?

Like this.

You just need to have perfect timing.

Alternatively, just tap the sprint button mid-air after thrusting and you'll regain your max sprint gauge.

Then you can charge store instead of slide store.

Like this.

You just need to have perfect timing.

Alternatively, just tap the sprint button mid-air after thrusting and you'll regain your max sprint gauge.

Then you can charge store instead of slide store.

Sweet, I actually got it to start working. Thanks. #Tech