zZunair

Halo 5: Guardians - Meta/Strategy Discussion

I had been talking with @@Devaneaux about focusing on arena/slayer now that I finished my req's. I very much enjoyed playing in the 4v4 customs that you guys were running yesterday. Not going to lie, it was a bit intimidating at first but everyone was real helpful and made it clear it was something to help people improve their skill.

I'm looking to fine tune my callouts and get a much better understanding of blocking spawns on various maps so I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could direct me to videos that would help me with that.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I had been talking with @@Devaneaux about focusing on arena/slayer now that I finished my req's. I very much enjoyed playing in the 4v4 customs that you guys were running yesterday. Not going to lie, it was a bit intimidating at first but everyone was real helpful and made it clear it was something to help people improve their skill.

I'm looking to fine tune my callouts and get a much better understanding of blocking spawns on various maps so I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could direct me to videos that would help me with that.

Glad you enjoyed it! Yeah we're not trying to make this some elitist group, just trying to level up players by customs. We had mainly diamond level players in that lobby and for the most part the teams can be balanced. all the high level players there are all really chill with people not exactly being really good and understand the point of the chat. So no one should worry about that

and hopefully if I the people I my team are down we can maybe review film. The only problem with reviewing film is it has to be soon since you can't save films

Call outs are good communication (partly not definitely not as a whole) but you definitely should think more about small talk. I'd recommend EGs form of talking as they have really good comms

Bunnies also posted s video of our team having pretty solid communication. Basically we wanted to focus more on small talk and I think this video shows that a bit more

https://youtube.com/watch?v=eZG_-uKmbnA

There isn't really much videos on spawn trapping and the like. Justin 3ber is trying to fix that issue but currently there isn't any type of video I can recall.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ended up making the first "Get Good" video tonight. It's super super super basic so most of you probably don't need to watch it (though I appreciate the support if you do!).

Talked it over with my buddies and the next video is gonna be on spawn control since you can actually do that without needing your teammates (though they definitely help).

legit i had no idea how to thrust cancel, so i'm gonna try practicing that before I finally get to sit down and play this afternoon

this is great

Is there a way to Instant OS from Turbine on Empire to OS? IIRC the Thrust takes you too far when you land but not sure.  Whoever is on my team usually succeeds when they are getting OS from there is why im wondering

100% chance it gets patched

Doesn't matter.

Even if the exploit gets patched, there's a chance we'll get something from it.

Case in point, we got slide storing and charge storing from slide boost.

Doesn't matter.

Even if the exploit gets patched, there's a chance we'll get something from it.

Case in point, we got slide storing and charge storing from slide boost.

What exactly do you do to perform this 'storing' tricks?

I am too lazy to go back through this thread, so could you explain to me how to do it in a 1-2-3 style?

Please and thank you.

What exactly do you do to perform this 'storing' tricks?

I am too lazy to go back through this thread, so could you explain to me how to do it in a 1-2-3 style?

Please and thank you.

For slide storing, you simply sprint until you can slide and jump or start falling. As long as you're mid-air, your ability to slide is preserved. To use it, just thrust before you hit the ground and hold the crouch button then you'll slide like normal. Even without slide boost, slide storing is good for things like thrusting backwards.

Sprint storing is a bit different. Once you've hit maximum sprint speed and can charge, you jump and thrust. Once your thrust ends, if you're still mid-air, you can tap the sprint button and you'll hit max sprint speed without having to ramp it up. You can technically use it to tranverse the map, but the stabilizer and ground pound combos are better for that. Instead, I use it as an offensive technique if I'm chasing someone. It follows the same rules as slide storing, meaning you can also do a 180-degree thrust-charge.

Edit. Also, I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've ever shown sprint storing. It's a new technique, in other words.

For slide storing, you simply sprint until you can slide and jump or start falling. As long as you're mid-air, your ability to slide is preserved. To use it, just thrust before you hit the ground and hold the crouch button then you'll slide like normal. Even without slide boost, slide storing is good for things like thrusting backwards.

Sprint storing is a bit different. Once you've hit maximum sprint speed and can charge, you jump and thrust. Once your thrust ends, if you're still mid-air, you can tap the sprint button and you'll hit max sprint speed without having to ramp it up. You can technically use it to tranverse the map, but the stabilizer and ground pound combos are better for that. Instead, I use it as an offensive technique if I'm chasing someone. It follows the same rules as slide storing, meaning you can also do a 180-degree thrust-charge.

Edit. Also, I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've ever shown sprint storing. It's a new technique, in other words.

Thanks.

I'm sure this has been in this thread before but anybody have a tutorial or video of that jump to top mid on Fathom someone did at the very start of the match during the tournament? 

I'm sure this has been in this thread before but anybody have a tutorial or video of that jump to top mid on Fathom someone did at the very start of the match during the tournament? 

You will need to jump from the middle of the moveable platform so that you are a little extra elevated from the lip on the box. Then once you're up on the edge of the wall, you'll jump backwards and clamber up.

I've found that stabilizing helps make this easier, since it adds a little extra height to your jump, so you may not have to stand on the higher part of the platform.

Here's a gif of it: https://i.imgur.com/sthKOIP.gifv

EDIT: Also if you do the stabilize jump there is a audible queue I believe where the stabilize sound will stop when you can jump.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You will need to jump from the middle of the moveable platform so that you are a little extra elevated from the lip on the box. Then once you're up on the edge of the wall, you'll jump backwards and clamber up.

I've found that stabilizing helps make this easier, since it adds a little extra height to your jump, so you may not have to stand on the higher part of the platform.

Here's a gif of it: https://i.imgur.com/sthKOIP.gifv

Thanks, but this is the one I was talking about. 

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Xuoi/video/15046071

Alright meta thread, you heard the man.

Let's get to work.

Early theory: Shotty-style reloads mess with the flagnum. I'll be back.

Any new developments on this? I sat in a custom game testing it out for a while but didn't get anything like that. Maybe I'm going about it wrong? I'm not sure. I'd be very excited if someone found out how to replicate this.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks, but this is the one I was talking about. 

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Xuoi/video/15046071

when i did it, it just basically goes down to timing to thrust against the top edge of the platform.  

so sprint full speed, jump ,thrust when u feel like ur almost touching the top edge of the plat. and then thrust.

and it was naded who did it against denial and everyone freaked

Alright meta thread, you heard the man.

Let's get to work.

One thing I noticed in this clip (which may be completely irrelevant to the glitch) was that he shot 3 times and only reloaded twice. You can see the first reload returns two shots as opposed to one. So, I think it may be a very inconsistent glitch that we should not rely on. Possibly just lag?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Any new developments on this? I sat in a custom game testing it out for a while but didn't get anything like that. Maybe I'm going about it wrong? I'm not sure. I'd be very excited if someone found out how to replicate this.

I tried it as well and wasn't able to replicate it. I noticed when in the video the player picks up flag when the Scatter is "in-bending" and attempted replicating it and I got nothing. Also tried s few other weapons and it still doesn't work. Dunno what I'm doing wrong

Edit: after Avails post I checked the video again. It's completely a glitch found by lag and therefor inconsistent. Don't see the point of practicing it now

• Upvote (+1) 1