zZunair

Halo 5: Guardians - Meta/Strategy Discussion

Damn I really need to learn Slide Storing, those three were fantastic.

Wiggling sounds interesting, I'll give it a shot. Cafe Ramp is problematic probably because it is more of a curved edge instead of a sharper one like most other ramps. Gotta work on the timing. Do you still buffer the jump for Cafe Ramp?

I only button que the jump when I wiggle.

If I'm going straight, I aim for perfect timing and I just do a normal slide boost.

Most people probably knew about this already but it's pretty useful to get high ground in Arena Breakout or at the start of the game in a slayer or capture the flag. Basically what you do is thrust-jump on the bump on the cover and then stabilize after it. You can reach the bridge without stabilize if you do it on the other cover (already linked in here).

gifv link

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'd love for it to be as simple as he forgot to turn off maintain sprint or something. I'd hate to see super slide go in this game.

I'd love for it to be as simple as he forgot to turn off maintain sprint or something. I'd hate to see super slide go in this game.

I believe someone said they tried to turn it off and it still didn't work.

I really hope that Buk was being truthful about the latency thing. If that's word down from 343, then maybe it's still possible? It would really suck to lose all of these techniques... they add alot to the skillgap and give players things to practice outside of just teamwork.

I really hope that Buk was being truthful about the latency thing. If that's word down from 343, then maybe it's still possible? It would really suck to lose all of these techniques... they add alot to the skillgap and give players things to practice outside of just teamwork.

What, that it wasn't possible to do because of low latency?

In that case, it wouldn't be possible to do it solo campaign, but it is.

Not sure if this is dank enough for you guys, but I found a pretty neat set of jumps on Plaza. Could be useful in Strongholds.

http://i.imgur.com/uvBKomx.gifv

Those edited GIFS, such a mastapeece.  B)

Keep up the good work on the Beyond YT channel by the way. I love these nerdy Halo vids.

Hello guys. 

So for the past decade I've basically spent most of my FPS time playing call of duty (yes I know, please don't hold it against me). The last halo I really played was halo 2. I really do enjoy halo 5, but I suck at it for the most part. I have a good shot in the game (I think/hope 66% accuracy with the pistol is good), but that obviously is not even the tip of the iceberg for what it takes to do well in halo. I was just wondering if there were any good youtubers/pros out there who offer good advice for how to play various game modes? All I've basically learned is that I can't venture off by myself... That is a death sentence. 

Thanks!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hello guys. 

So for the past decade I've basically spent most of my FPS time playing call of duty (yes I know, please don't hold it against me). The last halo I really played was halo 2. I really do enjoy halo 5, but I suck at it for the most part. I have a good shot in the game (I think/hope 66% accuracy with the pistol is good), but that obviously is not even the tip of the iceberg for what it takes to do well in halo. I was just wondering if there were any good youtubers/pros out there who offer good advice for how to play various game modes? All I've basically learned is that I can't venture off by myself... That is a death sentence. 

Thanks!

You should check out this playlist on YT: 

It's a really good series that Audley does that explains a lot of what pros do and what they should do to improve upon their play. I know it's helped me a lot and I've been playing Halo for years and years.

I do know Ryanoob and Ace do some breakdown/analysis videos similar to Audley's but I haven't watched them too much.

Ryanoob: https://www.youtube.com/user/areallygoodnoob/videos

Ace: https://www.youtube.com/user/AceElam

Hope this helps!  :ghost:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Trying to keep the thread alive boys-I dont see many people utilize the tables on collesium to clear out the base, but i do it quite often. Here's a brief clip. 

I use it too, and I also use a lot this one on Regret, with a ground pound or with Fuel Rod:

3q11Fya.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

You should check out this playlist on YT: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLS0l731mQYpAukD3gQosYfZt7e-oEroD0

It's a really good series that Audley does that explains a lot of what pros do and what they should do to improve upon their play. I know it's helped me a lot and I've been playing Halo for years and years.

I do know Ryanoob and Ace do some breakdown/analysis videos similar to Audley's but I haven't watched them too much.

Ryanoob: https://www.youtube.com/user/areallygoodnoob/videos

Ace: https://www.youtube.com/user/AceElam

Hope this helps! :ghost:

Thanks a lot! I'll check this stuff out after this movie I'm watching is over.

Woah man thanks for such a thoughtful response! It's a but too late for me to read that all haha but I'll definitely be reading it all tomorrow. I appreciate the help.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well, time to flood this thread with meta stuff.

As you've seen in the other threads, you can slideboost for a quick flag cap on one of the community Breakout maps. (GIF-V)

oQBHuGs.gif

I assume this jump is old news by now, but I saw someone the other day you can boost off objects you "bump into". The easiest way to explain it would be that I sprint and jump so that as my jump is elevating, my shins hit the edge and I hit boost immediately.

oQmZVXe.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't be the only one scared to read the patch notes only to find out that our beloved slide boost would be patched. :(

And if it is, we'll just master bump thrusting instead.

No more fast fall or slideboost. Looks like I'm asking Bun to teach me thrust launches and Bump thrusts better