zZunair

Halo 5: Guardians - Meta/Strategy Discussion

Sorry man, but people have literally been doing that since the game launched. :/

SHHHH! just call it the green dance and its a deal

Yeah it's just repeatedly crouching while stabilizing.  It gets you extra height.  That's what allows people to do higher stabilize jumps. 

>.>

You can save yourself the mechanical trouble by just initiating sprint before you jump to get stabilize jumps and crouching at your crest for the crouch+clamber range extension.

That way you don't have to wear out your thumb/thumbstick just to reach a ledge.

I'm still a little confused on how all of this works. I can get the slide down ramps but how do I just jump up thrust and slide down.

I'm still a little confused on how all of this works. I can get the slide down ramps but how do I just jump up thrust and slide down.

While you're sprinting, just jump, turn where you want, and thrust before you hit the ground. If you hold crouch while thrusting, you can slide boost this way.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Here's a new batch of slide boosts for the new year.

First of all, three stored slide boosts. (GIFV 1, 2, 3)

vM2rjYS.gif

3N6c9lp.gif

PepzDOE.gif

Next, I've been working on increasing the ease of the Cafe -> Sniper slide boost through a trick I call wiggling, which I think I've mentioned before.

Anyhow, the trick to getting the slide boost to work is to thrust after passing the bottom door bar and avoid hitting max sprint speed. Wiggling is just strafing slightly to lower my forward speed, making it easier to avoid overshooting the ramp. (GIFV 1)

k8Ivyp5.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

Seems a bit too uncontrolled compared to the option of just using the hidden clamber there.

And the Regret one was known, Pros have been doing it for over a week now.

Yeah the Truth boost up Carbine isn't consistent sadly. The hidden clamber is the far better option.

That's news to me, I have yet to see any pros use the Regret one.

That's news to me, I have yet to see any pros use the Regret one.

Snip3down's done it quite a bit on stream, and also streamed him+Lunch+Roy together on Regret in a custom practicing it.

So I found this nutty spot on Empire. Extremely difficult, but replicable. I stumbled upon it accidentally in game and it saved my life. Watched radar, hopped back up and got a double kill.

I've always done Sprint into slide then jump then thrust is that right?

For simple movement on flat ground it is contextual. You can Sprint>Slide>Jump>Thrust for certain cases but Sprint>Thrust>Slide is probably better for  flat-ground point A to B travel.

Slide Boosting is used on ramps and is an entirely different story.

• Upvote (+1) 4

What are the best areas/positions to hold Sniper on these maps? 

Eden: Blue Base, Red Nest, Red/Blue Bend

Rig: Bunker, Tower 2, Carbine

Coliseum: Oven/Fridge/Caves, Red/Blue Elbows

Plaza: Cinema Stairs, Tram Sneaky

Pegasus: Top Red

Trying to keep the thread alive boys-I dont see many people utilize the tables on collesium to clear out the base, but i do it quite often. Here's a brief clip. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Trying to keep the thread alive boys-I dont see many people utilize the tables on collesium to clear out the base, but i do it quite often. Here's a brief clip. 

That was incredibly dirty.

Anyhow, this thread is dying because no one's found any new exploits. Normally I'd be pumping out stuff, but I've been reallocating my Halo Science time from breaking MP to breaking Forge.

GIF-V

So I've been trying to level up a bit more lately and have been changing up my game by noticing mistakes I do a lot of the time, so I though I would try making a list with some explanation of why:

1) Whoever has Snipe on Plaza should leave if possible. You don't want the LoS/positioning snipe spawn/steps gives you. You want to move to Blue or Tram Sneak. personally I think Blue (ideally maybe by blue window/back blue door)  is the best spot because here are the LoS you get; Yard, Top steps, Tram Sneak, Yellow Attack/Clutch/whatever u call it, Top Lift, back Benches, front Spiral and some other LoS I'm forgetting. The reason you want these LoS is ideally, you want to be spawn trapping them in Tram area. When you are in Tram you have these routes to push to: Tram Sneak, Clutch, Yard, Spiral. What this means though is Snipe has LoS on all those locations and if he has the reads on the opponent, can easily pre-aim that area and get easy blains. You'll see Roy do this on Toweys analysis here: 

2) Spread out but make sure you have each others LoS filled out. You don't want to spread too much where you don't have proper LoS on each other. This is how every 4v4 game works and you should keep spacing like this in mind a lot.

3) Sort of in relation to #2 but small talk a lot, You'll note that EG especially small talks almost as much as they call out. Small talk is basically telling your teammates what you're doing or what you're going to do. For example telling your team that you're pushing to S2 to get control on spawn is small talk. Or telling your teammate that you're pushing with them or have their back. 

4) Sprint less, shoot more. Sprinting a lot of the times is not the solution, you need to put pressure on your opponent and the half second you sprint could cost a lot of free damage you could have done

5) Free damage. Anytime you see opponents NOT looking at you, however weak you are, IMO you should shoot the hell out of that guy. That is damage that you could easily have taken and at the very least, force opponents to play more passive with weaker shields. 

6) When holding Catwalk in Eden Strongholds, Tower is super central. Basically controlling tower means your opponents cant push Catwalk and take over Blue afterwards. This is why chilling at Blue Cat isn't a good idea all the time when you don't have that area locked down. 

7) Use Thruster as more of a comeback mechanic. When you are down in shots, use it to comeback and win the 1v1. Basically I think when someone has shot 3 times for the BR I should Thrust or when someone shoots 4 times I Thrust. Problem with this is if I'm a little slow the initial Thrust wont be done and I'll die while Thrusting.

All I can think of currently 

First of all, three stored slide boosts. (GIFV 1, 2, 3)

Next, I've been working on increasing the ease of the Cafe -> Sniper slide boost through a trick I call wiggling, which I think I've mentioned before.

Damn I really need to learn Slide Storing, those three were fantastic.

Wiggling sounds interesting, I'll give it a shot. Cafe Ramp is problematic probably because it is more of a curved edge instead of a sharper one like most other ramps. Gotta work on the timing. Do you still buffer the jump for Cafe Ramp?