zZunair

Halo 5: Guardians - Meta/Strategy Discussion

Do you guys actually use this stuff in real games?

Yeah!

1, 2, 3, 4

I usually slide boost whenever possible (...may have resulted in a couple of deaths on the Coliseum elbows) but these are the only few clips I have saved.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I use it all the time on coliseum. I usually hear opponents In red fountain and I will slide boost to their cave and put shots in them while they have to reorient themselves. I also do the same on rockets side.

I wonder if any pros are sitting on glitches/exploits/techniques that are unknown right now and waiting for the right time to use them.

100% guaranteed.

You guys should all practice isolating, All I was focused on today while running arena was isolating and it helps a ton. Keeping in mind LoS in quick situations like that is difficult at first, but very seamless once you get it down. You can put a lot more shots on people once you do isolating and you can make 1v2s become 1v1s (sorta). Also just a lot of fun to do lol

My thread got burried but some people have never seen this trick?
Unsure if it's that useful. Only done it one fathom and plaza to be sort of useful

Sprint + jump + thrust on the top edge of an object

You'll jump a lot higher... Or fly...anyway

I freaked out when i first did it here
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/COG%20UPDATE%20BOT/video/13282260

Then I tried it out properly on fathom
...I fail like twice in each video

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/COG%20Integrity/video/13282146

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/COG%20Integrity/video/13282148

My thread got burried but some people have never seen this trick?

Unsure if it's that useful. Only done it one fathom and plaza to be sort of useful

Sprint + jump + thrust on the top edge of an object

You'll jump a lot higher... Or fly...anyway

I freaked out when i first did it here

http://xboxdvr.com/g.../video/13282260

Then I tried it out properly on fathom

...I fail like twice in each video

http://xboxdvr.com/g.../video/13282146

Your videos are broken.

You guys should all practice isolating, All I was focused on today while running arena was isolating and it helps a ton. Keeping in mind LoS in quick situations like that is difficult at first, but very seamless once you get it down. You can put a lot more shots on people once you do isolating and you can make 1v2s become 1v1s (sorta). Also just a lot of fun to do lol

Can't tell if you've been watching my videos or not, but that's something I stress in my Snipedown and Pistola breakdowns and briefly in the Mikwen vid)

(Snipedown is by far the best at it in Halo.)

Can't tell if you've been watching my videos or not, but that's something I stress in my Snipedown and Pistola breakdowns and briefly in the Mikwen vid)

(Snipedown is by far the best at it in Halo.)

I actually have! Lol they're great. I watched ogre 2 and Ola when you mentioned it (I need to watch mikwens and Snipedowns though) and I tried incorporating it in my game. So far I've just been doing isolating and focusing on if enemies are looking at me and if they don't, I plant as many shots as I can. Also focusing on LoS/positions is also important that I've been noticing after your videos. Doing unorthodox things also by having strong position is really good.

I'm I'll have to keep watching the videos (and reviewing my own) and see what I can improve on. Hopefully I can do better in the qualifiers by practicing lol

You guys should all practice isolating, All I was focused on today while running arena was isolating and it helps a ton. Keeping in mind LoS in quick situations like that is idifficult at first, but very seamless once you get it down. You can put a lot more shots on people once you do isolating and you can make 1v2s become 1v1s (sorta). Also just a lot of fun to do lol

Can you describe this a bit? It sounds a lot like peek-shooting.

Can you describe this a bit? It sounds a lot like peek-shooting.

Isolation is basically when you're in a 1v2 situation, you move closer toward a piece of cover to where it'll block one person's sightline, but keep the other person able to see you, so you turn a 1v2 in a 1v1.  Isolating the person you want to kill first.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Isolation is basically when you're in a 1v2 situation, you move closer toward a piece of cover to where it'll block one person's sightline, but keep the other person able to see you, so you turn a 1v2 in a 1v1.  Isolating the person you want to kill first.

Thanks to Halo 5's movement, it's really good in Halo 5.

I'm glad there's a name for that now, I never really pinned a name to it. 

Your videos are broken.

Just fixed it. 

I originally mobile copied and pasted my last thread 

So after reviewing my matches heavily, I have to say you should try reviewing your matches in depth. I ran 4s with a solid group of competitors and since this was the highest level I normally get to play (High onyx/champion in Arena) and against other to4 competitors, this stuff really helps you out. After every death I would review what went wrong and make a conclusion on how I could have fixed it. For example, I generally grab BR on start of Truth to help contest camo. What I did was I was below attic but exposed enough to where you can see my body, I placed shots like normally and in general putting decent damage. However, an enemy decided to jump to top mid and started blasting shots at me and someone tossed a nade and I died. I thought about this and decided an easy way to avoid this death was 1: do not go under attic as its a nade trap and 2: Don't expose yourself so heavily. So I concluded that I could have grabbed BR, backed away a bit and stay crouched in a LoS that still feeds my necessities, which are P2 and enemy P side. This makes it so top mid cant plant shots at me, he can try nading but cant shoot me while I can do what I need to. If I hear.

Anyways, I would review my deaths, enemy flag runs, our flag runs, my positioning, decision making for each life and literally note them down on a notebook. At the end of the match I had about a page and a half of notes on what I should fix/do better

So yeah, review your matches and conclude what you did wrong. Personally I find this most beneficial when you run with your team/group of friends and not when you run solo (for the most part. I never really do run solo) 

BTW @Tiberius Audley I remember you mentioning on HWC thread that you wanted to upgrade on a mic for your videos but cant spend on one for too much. If it helps I use this one http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0058MJX4O?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00and it's not too expensive. I would say the voice quality is pretty solid, if you want I could record a voice clip of me using the mic if you want to see the quality. oh and your videos are great, hope you do more reviews

• Upvote (+1) 1

BTW @Tiberius Audley I remember you mentioning on HWC thread that you wanted to upgrade on a mic for your videos but cant spend on one for too much. If it helps I use this one http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0058MJX4O?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00and it's not too expensive. I would say the voice quality is pretty solid, if you want I could record a voice clip of me using the mic if you want to see the quality. oh and your videos are great, hope you do more reviews

Just ordered this a few days ago thanks to a donation I got from my HWC Qualifier stream.

Also, in general, if you want a good checklist of what to ask yourself when reviewing films, I recommend the end of this blog on self-review.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This jump is nothing special at all but I have personally never seen anyone do it and it can totally surprise your opponent. I "found" it yesterday when I was pushing tower and they had put a splinter nade on the jump up.

gifv link

• Upvote (+1) 6

For strongholds, what are the ultimate set-ups? Tell me if I'm wrong.

Eden: Try to triple cap, rotate bases and spawn kill.

Empire: Similar, though try to keep PIt, and cycle the two bases.

Plaza: Nest & Bottom Mid

Overgrowth: Bog & Tram

Rig: Nest & Basement

For strongholds, what are the ultimate set-ups? Tell me if I'm wrong.

Eden: Try to triple cap, rotate bases and spawn kill.

Empire: Similar, though try to keep PIt, and cycle the two bases.

Plaza: Nest & Bottom Mid

Overgrowth: Bog & Tram

Rig: Nest & Basement

Plaza is a Trip and Swarm as well.

Rig Nest/Basement is ideal, but the only important cap is Nest. From there you can cut off routes from whichever base they do own and choke them out.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yea at times if we lose basement/nest and spawn BR, we grab BR then Nest if we take enough opponents down or zone them out. We'll keep BR/Nest for a bit but the goal is eventually grab Basement but holding BR/Nest isn't too bad, just not ideal like Audley said. 

Also, I found this a while ago but in the thrust launch for p1 to p2, if you slide in the right time, you actually do a backwards/reverse slide. I wish my Xbox DVR would work but the execution wasn't too hard imo. So far all I tried this on was in the P1- p2 Thrust launch jump and while a friend was forging, i found out you can do it on Pyramids (the objects in Breakout). So this is leading to my theory that you can potentially do reverse slides on any item that is Thrust launchable.

So far these are the stuff I know off the top of my head that are thrust launchable

- Ovens at Coliseum

- Weapon Pads (yup the triangle thing is thrust launchable)

- Teleporter pads 

- Coliseum edge things by snipe side

- Top mid of Fathom (though there is a roof on top so not much mileage for a launch) 

Cant thing of any more. Gonna test this tomorrow to see if you can do reverse slides on those objects (really interested if you can do it for weapon pads) 

Did anyone discover how to cancel the slow drop while stabelizing and stay high the whole time? If not, I claim it  >: )     And I call it the green dance :D

Did anyone discover how to cancel the slow drop while stabelizing and stay high the whole time? If not, I claim it  >: )     And I call it the green dance :D

go on

This jump is nothing special at all but I have personally never seen anyone do it and it can totally surprise your opponent. I "found" it yesterday when I was pushing tower and they had put a splinter nade on the jump up.

gifv link

Naw dude that's a good useful one, people forever camping in that room in Slayer. I'll be trying this jump later.

• Upvote (+1) 1