zZunair

Halo 5: Guardians - Meta/Strategy Discussion

Could you use this to pick up weapons that take forever to use when picked up? Like Rockets maybe.

Didn't do any testing but I think you would still have the animation of pulling up the rockets, so it'd be the same.

I suck

Didn't do any testing but I think you would still have the animation of pulling up the rockets, so it'd be the same.

Confirmed the opposite, it gets rid of the pick up animation.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Confirmed the opposite, it gets rid of the pick up animation.

That's sick. Now we just need someone to test frames on pick up animations and melee animations and see which is faster for each weapon

• Upvote (+1) 1

How the hell do you command queue? 

All this stuff is awesome but it just doesn't seem to work for me...

thrust and quickly hold down the button you want to que. the super slide requires you to sprint only because you need que the slide.

How the hell do you command queue? 

All this stuff is awesome but it just doesn't seem to work for me...

Command queing is a simple technique, but it's the basis for a lot of the advanced ones I use like fast falling and slide boosting.

All you do is hold down buttons while you're in the thrust animation, and once it's over, you'll automatically perform those actions.

For instance, if I thrust and then I hold RT, I'll immediately fire once the animation is over.

With this particular technique, all I'm holding is B (melee) and RB (reload/interact) after I thrust.

You can even cancel the melee animation with YY.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Command queing is a simple technique, but it's the basis for a lot of the advanced ones I use like fast falling and slide boosting.

All you do is hold down buttons while you're in the thrust animation, and once it's over, you'll automatically perform those actions.

For instance, if I thrust and then I hold RT, I'll immediately fire once the animation is over.

With this particular technique, all I'm holding is B (melee) and RB (reload/interact) after I thrust.

You can even cancel the melee animation with YY.

Okay, so I got the quick OS pickup nailed down, I can cancel the animation every time. But I just can't thrust slide. I'm sprinting, hitting thrust and then immediately holding crouch but it doesn't seem to work...

Fuck me. It's toggle crouch, thrust slides don't work with toggle crouch.

Okay, so I got the quick OS pickup nailed down, I can cancel the animation every time. But I just can't thrust slide. I'm sprinting, hitting thrust and then immediately holding crouch but it doesn't seem to work...

Try using my technique.

I hold slide AND jump instead of just slide. Once I start flying down the ramp, I jump again and it slingshots me forward.

Also make sure that Maintain Sprint is turned off in your control settings.

Try using my technique.

I hold slide AND jump instead of just slide. Once I start flying down the ramp, I jump again and it slingshots me forward.

Also make sure that Maintain Sprint is turned off in your control settings.

I got it now, I've had maintain sprint off, toggle crouch is what breaks it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not sure if this has been found but you don't need to be sprinting on the ground to be able to do the slide boost. http://imgur.com/NOFtlwz

Wait, WHAT?!

BRB, Halo Science.

Edit. Wait, let me get some confirmation. Are you still sliding? If you are, then we already know about this trick.

Wait, WHAT?!

BRB, Halo Science.

Edit. Wait, let me get some confirmation. Are you still sliding? If you are, then we already know about this trick.

Yes I'm still sliding. But I wasn't sure if people knew that you could do it while falling. This can work on bridges that have rails to fast fall from.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes I'm still sliding. But I wasn't sure if people knew that you could do it while falling. This can work on bridges that have rails to fast fall from.

Yeah, we kind of already know that one. But actually, I think you've found something a fair bit more useful.

It looks like you don't actually need to be at max sprint to slide.

You don't have to be max sprint to boost slide. http://i.imgur.com/pIo78xH.gifv

Also this: http://i.imgur.com/3C6oVbn.gifv Not sure if it's useful at all but it's something you can do.

Yeah, the jog (non-max sprint speed) slide definitely changes a lot of things. I'm not sure if anyone else found it before you did, but it's incredibly useful. It definitely makes slide boosting a lot more viable, since you don't have to sprint everywhere anymore, which normally leaves you vulnerable.

Edit. Alright, I've decided to do some more research into Y3wish's air slideboost, exploring how it works. I've stumbled upon a remarkable discovery.

Once you've hit the slight amount of speed needed, you'll store your slide and you can use it without sprinting. What does that mean? Well, see for yourself. (GIF)

If you jump and thrust backwards, you can do a fucking 180 slide boost. It is absolutely ridiculous.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yeah, the jog (non-max sprint speed) slide definitely changes a lot of things. I'm not sure if anyone else found it before you did, but it's incredibly useful. It definitely makes slide boosting a lot more viable, since you don't have to sprint everywhere anymore, which normally leaves you vulnerable.

Edit. Alright, I've decided to do some more research into Y3wish's air slideboost and I've stumbled upon a remarkable discovery.

Once you've hit the slight amount of speed needed, you can slide without sprinting. What does that mean? Well, see for yourself. (GIF)

If you jump and thrust backwards, you can do a fucking 180 slide boost.

HOLY SHIT!!!!! TESTING #HALOSCIENCE

Alright, you can even store your slide while charging, and you can turn in any direction you want. Case in point, 180 drop slide boost on Colosseum.

For now, let's think of a name. What about slide storing, or slide saving?

Edit. Alright, here's two really good ones.

1. Rockets to Red/Blue Bridge

2. Dirt Hill to Scattershot

Edit Edit. Hey @@Infinity, I think you'll like this stuff.

• Upvote (+1) 6

@@cookies4you is the maddest halo scientist of them all... going to go through this thread and try to learn most of this stuff - there's no grand post with thruster/slide/sprint tricks, right?