zZunair

Halo 5: Guardians - Meta/Strategy Discussion

The only jump I found so far that this is needed is with Flag on Truth. Window you jump then Thrust and use GP to float instead and then clamber. You may be right thta you need it but so far it seems to be GP may be an ok sub. Barely used stabilizer that way though so I can be wrong

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/skitzybb/video/12467694

Maybe this is possible without it but I couldn't get it.  I suspect there are more.

Also for the thread, here's a neat little jump I haven't seen anyone else use on Plaza yet.  You can also just jump to OS from the sign.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/skitzybb/video/12465885

• Upvote (+1) 1

Shooting a dead players body with the Scattershot will disintegrate them. I just heard someone say that it makes it so you can't use your death cam. Going to test when I get home. Would be pretty helpful

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone know any videos that shows good starting nades for breakout?

Can someone learn some nade tricks for Orion? I really need some way to nade both weapons to either base.

Part of the fun with things like this is coming up with your own. Try some out and see if you can find any.

Shooting a dead players body with the Scattershot will disintegrate them. I just heard someone say that it makes it so you can't use your death cam. Going to test when I get home. Would be pretty helpful

Just tested this, it's true.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Part of the fun with things like this is coming up with your own. Try some out and see if you can find any.

I've been trying and I got a little one but not any effective ones yet. I was just wondering if anyone knew some so I could build off of that. Don't worry man it's still fun trying to figure it out myself.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Just tested this, it's true.

Holy crap thanks.

Death cam is hella good in this game btw. The extra 3 seconds I get in Slayer has let my teammates get the drop on opponents way too often than I'd like to admit lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

Holy crap thanks.

Death cam is hella good in this game btw. The extra 3 seconds I get in Slayer has let my teammates get the drop on opponents way too often than I'd like to admit lol

Also works with any promethean weapons that disintegrate, including splinters.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've noticed my base movement speed increases when I switch from BR to Sword. I didn't bother checking to see if movement speed is different for other weapons yet.

My friends and I lost 4 straight games on Eden Strongholds last night. Can anyone here offer any insight on how to succeed on that gametype?

Control Catwalk. Everything afterwards is gravy.

Something I see tons of people not realize is that you can crouch while jumping to clamber on something higher/slightly further away. I see people trying to do all kinds of weird shit to jump from places like window to top mid or attic to top mid with flag etc when you just needed to crouch instead of going third person or zooming in if its awkward. You can also slide up walls when you jump then crouch to clamber in places that I see people trying to use GP/stabilize.

Also you can clamber out of lifts at the exit after jumping in them instead of flying out like a jackass and getting lit up. Makes for easy escapes and you'll be able to strafe much faster. Most people don't really expect it either

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you guys aren't with the tombo yet then you need to get with it.(Watch Ogre 2s stream) My personal favourite variant is SR+ PP. Melted a guy with full OS in half a second and didn't even zoom spam. I honestly don't even think it's worth going for PWs in FFA anymore. It's just that much better than anything else. Slightly weaker in 4v4, but it's still amazingly strong.

Just about all the xbox clips aren't working for me. Anyone else having the same issues? Are they expired?

to somewhat contribute, there's a Fathom jump on each side of upper tree house. You can crouch jump outside of the windows by the top of the stairs that leads to top middle. You can also jump into this by going towards the lower tree house ramps from either side, and jump on the ledge on the outside of the treehouse. You can then do a stabilize thrust clamber up through the window. I nade these spots a lot when pushing tree house, but with all the people who camp down by storm rifle, this catches them off guard a lot.

My friends and I lost 4 straight games on Eden Strongholds last night. Can anyone here offer any insight on how to succeed on that gametype?

So this is what I do but this is just my opinion. I'd love a discussion on what's a good strategy though

Control Catwalk for camo confirmation and control Red Nest for the LR threat and OS. You don't necessarily have to be at Red Nest after the cap but have it secured. Whoever has LR should be shooting everyone he can see from blue side. Doesn't matter if he doesn't kill him, a shot is all that matters because it stops a lot of his offensive options, if he's shot and somewhere openish, he might thruster to cover. So if he used it and a teammate can flank, he's dead. Even if you cant kill him that really doesn't matter at all because either way, you stop him from sprinting which means this guy cant do any effective pushing for the most part. He might challenge but if he does it should be an easy kill. Don't worry about the kill too much, care about map prevalence you have. 

Also TIME OS. OS in this game is really strong. It takes 15 pistol shots just to take the OS layer off and after that, they still have their normal shields and health. That's almost a 4x Overshield and is perfect to do heavy pushes with or secure an area even stronger. Camo is also really good in this game as it's about 45 seconds and nades don't de camo you. 

Use Splinter nades to deny them areas. E

Now moving onto if you lose control... 

If you're spawning blue, get blue bend just so you can get a few poitns after you get another cap afterwords. What you need to do is knock off the people though on Catwalk area. Once you have that you can definitely have a lot more map prevalence. Nest is easy to force them out of the actual nest area with nades and whatnot. personally I like having someone control Cat while pushing for Nest with 1-2 people pushing from Turbine/Rockets spawn. This either forces them in 2 areas to run to: front red, Where catwalk guy presumably can clean up and back red, where they are no general threat and you can cap. just make sure you're careful they dont push that little access to Red nest

That's all i can think of

Edit: @@Teapot yea they're not working

• Upvote (+1) 1

To anyone and everyone playing Strongholds on Empire, drop your ARs and pick up a damn Storm Rifle. I cannot stress this enough.

• Upvote (+1) 1

To anyone and everyone playing Strongholds on Empire, drop your ARs and pick up a damn Storm Rifle. I cannot stress this enough.

Also applies for Flag. Learned this the hard way last night.

This thread should stay bumped.  Threads like these should be easy to find on a competitive Halo forum.

• Upvote (+1) 4