zZunair

Halo 5: Guardians - Meta/Strategy Discussion

Is there any benefit to pressing yy after grenades. It does seem quicker and Mikwen does it. It seems like the animation is shorter but nobody seems to do it.

It cancels the animation lock and lets you sprint immediately after throwing a grenade.

Switching weapons also does the same thing.

Example.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My Halo 5 Strategy Guide:

1.  Remove disc from XBox (or case if properly used)

2.  Snap disc in half and discard into trash

3.  Do anything else with your time

4.  ???

5.  Profit

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 11

It cancels the animation lock and lets you sprint immediately after throwing a grenade.

Switching weapons also does the same thing.

Example.

Thanks but can you shoot faster or throw more nades is what i was wondering.

Thanks but can you shoot faster or throw more nades is what i was wondering.

It doesn't reset the internal cooldown.

So no.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It doesn't reset the internal cooldown.

So no.

Thanx, are you sure because i can shoot once my weapon is raised and the throwing animation is skipped so i thought it saves like a quarter sec. What about Yy after meelee letting u shoot quicker? I see a lot of pros meelee yy wen they r sitting still. I can see a visibly quicker meelee i know i cant shoot w my ar once I yy but with presicion weapons i can shoot immediately after the gun is raised. Im just trynna see what is the most technically profecient way to input commands.

Thanx, are you sure because i can shoot once my weapon is raised and the throwing animation is skipped so i thought it saves like a quarter sec. What about Yy after meelee letting u shoot quicker? I see a lot of pros meelee yy wen they r sitting still. I can see a visibly quicker meelee i know i cant shoot w my ar once I yy but with presicion weapons i can shoot immediately after the gun is raised. Im just trynna see what is the most technically profecient way to input commands.

There's an internal cooldown after meleeing and grenading that prevents you from firing, in addition to the recovery animation. YY cancels the recovery animation, but does nothing about the internal cooldown. It might be faster, it might not. I haven't checked.

As for improving efficiency, learn how to input que. All it is is pulling the right trigger during an animation or releasing it and re-pulling it after firing a shot to que a shoot command. This allows you to fire immediately when possible, in addition to maximizing your fire rate with semi-automatic weapons.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1. Remove disc from XBox (or case if properly used)

2. Snap disc in half and discard into trash

3. Do anything else with your time

4. ???

5. Profit

6. Do anything else with your time = make negative posts about Halo 5

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Would anyone else kbow if yy after grenades or meelees allow you to shoot quicker

Tested the frames once, it was slower by 2-3 frames at least for nades.  Idk on melees

Would anyone else kbow if yy after grenades or meelees allow you to shoot quicker

It doesn't. YY after throwing a nade or meleeing only allows you to activate sprint faster.

The game checks if you have your weapon ready when you input sprint, nothing else. If your weapon is ready (up), you can sprint. YYing allows you to get your weapon ready faster than normal, which allows you to sprint out of another animation with an ICD sooner. 

Ideally, when I was using it, YYing speeds up your movement by a decent amount considering that you can nade on the run really easily. It's not practical for me since I don't play with paddles or claw most of the time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It doesn't. YY after throwing a nade or meleeing only allows you to activate sprint faster.

The game checks if you have your weapon ready when you input sprint, nothing else. If your weapon is ready (up), you can sprint. YYing allows you to get your weapon ready faster than normal, which allows you to sprint out of another animation with an ICD sooner.

Ideally, when I was using it, YYing speeds up your movement by a decent amount considering that you can nade on the run really easily. It's not practical for me since I don't play with paddles or claw most of the time.

im certain u can shoot w the pistol quicker aftet a mellee. I see a lo4 of pros practice it to when sitting still.

Is this new? I used thrust as I reloaded, it canceled my reload, but my BR still reloaded similar to how one can cancel with sprint, but performed a lot sooner. This seems like something that could be useful if mastered. On a side note, the thrust animation doesn't actually happen... perhaps it is a glitch relating to that?

xboxdvr.com/RTSxRagnarok/f12ab5dd-9c86-4b7c-9323-26fe7048bcad

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is this new? I used thrust as I reloaded, it canceled my reload, but my BR still reloaded similar to how one can cancel with sprint, but performed a lot sooner. This seems like something that could be useful if mastered. On a side note, the thrust animation doesn't actually happen... perhaps it is a glitch relating to that?

xboxdvr.com/RTSxRagnarok/f12ab5dd-9c86-4b7c-9323-26fe7048bcad

We got new tech boyz, I'll just leave it at that. :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Any tips for how to be aware of my surroundings and avoid getting flanked in the hcs preview playlist?I'm not having problems currently but that's because people are still getting used to sa radar.Edit: grammar.

Any tips for how to be aware of my surroundings and avoid getting flanked inthr hcs preview playlist?I'm not having problems currently but that's because people are still getting used sa radar.

Realize that people are going to start using the SA radar to juke you. We were talking about it last night, but thrusting or sprinting in one direction so you appear on radar then going another route can have people think you're coming from one way and then catch them by surprise when you come from where they weren't expecting.

Other than that, turn up your headset and play around your teammates is the best advice I can give. Try to constantly rotate with your teammates once you've given yourself away with some type of power weapon in your hands, since if you stay in one spot too long without teammates nearby, a flank will most surely happen.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Mind games                                                                                             :wutface:

6. Do anything else with your time = make negative posts about Halo 5

7. Self reassure yourself you're not playing garbage = make defensive posts about Halo 5.   

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

1.  Remove disc from XBox (or case if properly used)

2.  Snap disc in half and discard into trash

3.  Do anything else with your time

4.  ???

5.  Profit

GTFO with these negative, useless, unproductive ass comments. I feel like you posting goes directly against the "waste of time" context of your post.  

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's not a waste of time if you really like Halo and not this generic cod wanna be space shooter 343 gave us.  

If you don't like something, make your voice be heard. Squeeky wheel gets the grease.  It's not a waste of time.  You are just taking it personally. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

It's not a waste of time if you really like Halo and not this generic cod wanna be space shooter 343 gave us.  

If you don't like something, make your voice be heard. Squeeky wheel gets the grease.  It's not a waste of time.  You are just taking it personally. 

in a thread about meta? I think thats a waste of time buddy.. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Spring jumps... practice them and incorporate them.

There's a forge map called "Spring Jump Challenge." Really good for practice.

HiddenReach also made a how to video.

and if you want ideas on where to use them, watch Shotzzy.

• Upvote (+1) 1