zZunair

Halo 5: Guardians - Meta/Strategy Discussion

I used to play on 4 and play on 3 in this game. My friend had the issue with the aiming (I didn't) and he usually plays on 4 and I advised him to use 3 so he can focus more on his shot without the awkward aiming being as prevalent to him. He said it's been working better for him, take that as you will though

I played on 4 at Daytona, but dropped it to 3 since then. Really depends on your playstyle and how well you can handle higher sensitivity at long range.

This thrust jump stuff is nuts. THE META HAS CHANGED AGAIN

Shhhhhhhh! Don't let the haters know this game actually has depth and an evolving meta! :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 6

This thrust jump stuff is nuts. THE META HAS CHANGED AGAIN

T E C H B O I S 

I used it a few times in a GB match I had. The one that was legit useful a lot of the times is the one on fountain at Coliseum. Seriously good to have to just launch yourself there and have a decent LoS at areas.

Also I've been using slide boosts to go under Splinters, coolest thing to go past thta in the speed of light

Has anyone found a practical technique for thrust launching yet? It's incredibly inconsistent.

It's not inconsistent, you just have to learn the precise angles.  It's a timing/positioning thing.

It's like the people who call the Coliseum Window->Flag jump inconsistent...

• Upvote (+1) 5

Slide boost is gonna messed with asymmetrical maps initial respawn. Right now for example blue side plaza with boost can get the sniper in seconds. While red team is still running. Y fear there are gonna patch it just because of that, asymmetrical maps imbalance.

Red team can boost on the ramp bottom middle to come up behind the guy at snipe. Obviously a lot riskier and not even close as good as the blue team's ramp but it works. I remember Heinz doing it in some random slayer game and I've done it once as well.

Guys, what is the kill time of the unscope LightRifle, that thing kills really fast or is just a perception?

I believe its KT is around 1.1 compared to the BR's 1.28. Magnum is slightly behind with the 1.2

So the light rifle is the fastest killing gun? Outside powerweapons

It's the fastest killing Precision Weapon in the game. Its Zoomed-In KT is 0.9 seconds. Grab it whenever one is available.

So the light rifle is the fastest killing gun? Outside powerweapons

It's either that or DMR. Pretty sure LR beats it though

It's either that or DMR. Pretty sure LR beats it though

I would say it is the Lightrifle. Especially since it has that 3sk while scoped in.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks guys.

What are the best flag routes on Truth? I usually pull it Carbine

Do the jump on window to top mid if you have a good amount dead, if they have P control or Car control run the opposite side. I would prefer Car for sure because P tower is easily nadeable especially when they have Caster.

Guys, what is the kill time of the unscope LightRifle, that thing kills really fast or is just a perception?

The kill time is 1.0 when scoped, 1.2 when unscoped.

It's not inconsistent, you just have to learn the precise angles.  It's a timing/positioning thing.

It's like the people who call the Coliseum Window->Flag jump inconsistent...

Wait, did you just slideboost down a tiny ramp?

It's like the people who call the Coliseum Window->Flag jump inconsistent..

It's definitely the most difficult slide-boost I've tried, but I agree. Don't let people confuse "difficult" with "inconsistent" since one of those is a good thing and the other is the devil.

On another note, that video is much better at describing the window to window jump than Cows.

It's definitely the most difficult slide-boost I've tried, but I agree. Don't let people confuse "difficult" with "inconsistent" since one of those is a good thing and the other is the devil.

On another note, that video is much better at describing the window to window jump than Cows.

It's a slight delay  to crouch I believe but that's it. Definitely doable to get it down consistently

Wait I never explained the window to window jump tho  :holmes:

this shit is getting ridiculous. so you want to thrust right when you hit the ramp, or just before?

cant wait to see the forge maps that utilize these mobility aspects

edit: i play on 10sens, its all just preference

this shit is getting ridiculous. so you want to thrust right when you hit the ramp, or just before?

cant wait to see the forge maps that utilize these mobility aspects

edit: i play on 10sens, its all just preference

I'm not 100% positive on the Thrust timing, but I think it is AS you hit the notch, not before (lose momentum) or after (get a raised Thrust)