Sign in to follow this  
CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Settings Discussion

Because the decision to keep sprint in the game is entirely out of 343's control? Microsoft says SPRINT, but 343 says "well, they didn't tell us how fast or not to put in shit that discourages players from using it, so let's nerf it to hell".

I don't buy that Microsoft nonsense. 343 is just absolutely clueless. Nobody has ever based their preorder / day one purchase of a game on whether or not sprint is included.

I don't buy that Microsoft nonsense. 343 is just absolutely clueless. Nobody has ever based their preorder / day one purchase of a game on whether or not sprint is included.

I did/have for both Reach and H4. And i wont be buying H5 until i see drastic changes for competitive play. Like some kind of nerf, or complete removal of sprint. I'll take any of the other BS over sprint* any day. Sprint being planned as part of competitions has always been a decider of my plans for day 1 purchases.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

For HCS to succeed we will need players across all tiers to watch the tournaments. If it wasn't for me wanting HCS to grow and succeed on a more massive scale I wouldn't care either but player retention at every skill level is more important than ever if Halo wants to stick around in the competitive scene.

What about h5 is going to be fun to watch for casuals?

Nobody wants to watch a game as slow as h5 in its default state- it's boring. If anything, HCS is limiting its growth in its current state.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I did/have for both Reach and H4. And i wont be buying H5 until i see drastic changes for competitive play. Like some kind of nerf, or complete removal of sprint. I'll take any of the other BS over sprint* any day. Sprint being planned as part of competitions has always been a decider of my plans for day 1 purchases.

I was talking in the context of the average joe gamer. They'll buy a Halo game regardless if they can sprint or not. Just have somewhat good marketing and day one sales will continue to break records.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was talking in the context of the average joe gamer. They'll buy a Halo game regardless if they can sprint or not.

Fair enough, i can agree with that.

Nobody has ever based their preorder / day one purchase of a game on whether or not sprint is included.

I don't feel like a Spartan without sprint; pre-order canceled. 

I had no idea h5 had all those settings.

What is the light rifle like in this game? Also the carbine? (is there even a carbine?)

Nobody wants to watch a game as slow as h5 in its default state- it's boring. If anything, HCS is limiting its growth in its current state.

Everything about your post is subjective. There is no way you can speak for every level of skill and what they deem exciting to watch.

LMFAO y the hell is the BR not the starting weapon. THE BR IS THE SIGNATURE HALO WEAPON!!! WTF is bravo and the 343 pro team doing they should know better.

Sorry that this got negged so bad. Everyone here is pretending that H5 is CE 2.0, so the BR is obviously just awful and completely the problem with halo now-a-days.

Sorry that this got negged so bad. Everyone here is pretending that H5 is CE 2.0, so the BR is obviously just awful and completely the problem with halo now-a-days.

I think it has more to do with the fact that BR supporters prefer familiarity over a larger aiming skill gap.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Even Walshy mentioned the BR is just too easy in this game. I don't want to play H4/H2A games again where the gun aims itself.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

Everything about your post is subjective. There is no way you can speak for every level of skill and what they deem exciting to watch.

Then I guess you probably shouldn't say things like a 3sk pistol would not yield gameplay that players of all skill levels would not find enticing- since it's all subjective.

What isn't subjective is that a slow paced halo game has never pulled an impressive amount of stream numbers. I actually can't think of one slow paced FPS game that ever has.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Then I guess you probably shouldn't say things like a 3sk pistol would not yield gameplay that players of all skill levels would not find enticing- since it's all subjective.

What isn't subjective is that a slow paced halo game has never pulled an impressive amount of stream numbers. I actually can't think of one slow paced FPS game that ever has.

I clearly stated it was how I "felt" the lower tier players would react to a God tier pistol. I also said I was overthinking it. You are speaking as if everything that you type is the indisputable truth.

What is the light rifle like in this game? Also the carbine? (is there even a carbine?)

The Light Rifle is a beast.

The Carbine has an insane fire rate.

The LR can kill in 3 shots if one is a scoped shot, or 4 if it's entirely from the hip. They removed the burst fire from H4. Scoped shots sound mean, look mean, and take off a little more than 50% shield with a single shot.

The Carbine has a similar killtime than the Magnum, has a 2x scope, and holds 20 shots.

I clearly stated it was how I "felt" the lower tier players would react to a God tier pistol. I also said I was overthinking it. You are speaking as if everything that you type is the indisputable truth.

There's more truth in the things I'm saying than the feelings which you are overthinking given the stream numbers of slow paced fps compared to their fast paced counterparts.

Interpret the evidence any way you want I guess-just understand which conclusions hold more weight.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Done with arguing over the quality of a game I've yet to play in it's final state. So far from watching pro streams the game seems to be much faster paced than I assumed it would be and sprint is almost unnoticeable. It's certainly more entertaining to watch than any Halo since Halo 3 in my opinion. Of course the game has much room for improvement but the outright hatred some are exhibiting toward the game is comical. Halo CE and Halo 2 were both ahead of their time and will never be paralleled. As far as success goes, it's going to take major developer support from 343 but there is not reason this game can't be successful in both streaming numbers and population retention as long as it isn't abandoned by 343. Even a subpar game can pull a reasonable crowd as long as tournaments happen often and money is up for grabs. Look at games such as Ghosts. The more dev support and tournaments, the longer a game's life. My favorite Halo is Halo CE but I'm willing to give change a chance. Supporting the community you love while providing contructive feedback is a much better way to keep a franchise alive rather than completely giving up all hope before it's newest iteration is even released.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The LR can kill in 3 shots if one is a scoped shot, or 4 if it's entirely from the hip. They removed the burst fire from H4. Scoped shots sound mean, look mean, and take off a little more than 50% shield with a single shot.

The Carbine has a similar killtime than the Magnum, has a 2x scope, and holds 20 shots.

More than 50% shield with one shot o.o?

Howcome it isn't being talked about/considered with settings, uinless it's because it's a "non human" weapon?

Wonder if it'll be a pick up on maps.

Howcome it isn't being talked about/considered with settings, uinless it's because it's a "non human" weapon?

It is a map pick up and was in the Beta already. It kills in 3 shots yes but it has a very slow RoF.

Have you watched any of the pros streaming? It's anything but slow. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Even I wouldn't want it as a starting weapon. In a game with no bleedthrough(at least, that's what I assume), doing that much damage per-shot is a little much. Anything more than what the H1 Pistol did is overkill.

Makes for a good pickup, though. I've seen them on Fathom, Plaza, and Eden so far.

Is this actually confirmed though. It's something I've been looking out for and I see so many instances where people show up on the radar and they're not sprinting / thrusting.

If they're in your screen for 2 seconds or more, if they thrust, sprint or shoots they also appear on your radar. Throwing nades, regular running and jumping does not make them show up on your radar.

Supporting the community you love while providing contructive feedback is a much better way to keep a franchise alive.

What about this franchise, in its current state, is worth keeping alive?

• Upvote (+1) 1