Sign in to follow this  
CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Settings Discussion

First things first, radars gotta go. Regardless of how it works the fact its something to take your attention from whats in front of you is obnoxious IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

t5ln0.jpg

Sweet mother of Jesus I'm currently in dank meme overload   :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I did/have for both Reach and H4. And i wont be buying H5 until i see drastic changes for competitive play. Like some kind of nerf, or complete removal of sprint. I'll take any of the other BS over sprint* any day. Sprint being planned as part of competitions has always been a decider of my plans for day 1 purchases.

Sprint got bodied. Watch streams and any time they are running 8s if someone accidentally sprints with No Shields they get completely obliterated. Reduced speed too? I don't know what else you would change to nerf it even further...

Is anyone actually in favour of radar for comp settings o.o....?

Yeah, i spent the whole night watching streams and beside the sprint and ground pound, the overall gameplay looked "not as bad has H4", so i pre-ordered. Probably wont put anytime into it after tonight until some real competitive settings are made though (Which i do believe H5 has great competitive potential) But my inner Halo nerd slapped me and said i need to at least run the maps on day 1. Cause the maps and overall gameplay did look fun. But that sprint... it's still as broken as ever. IMO even more so in this game with a 5 shot/12 clip pistol starting weapon. People constantly sprinting away well you reload. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I'll pick it up as soon as used copies hit the market. Which I imagine shouldn't be long...not anything to do with H5, just that's how it goes.

• Upvote (+1) 6

He doesn't understand the concept of subjectivism. When speaking in terms of a game's enjoyability it's impossible to definitively speak for everyone.

Now comes his elitist attitude and patronizing posts. We much be less intelligent and BKs for liking it bro.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I am willing to be that damage modifiers are a possibility in Halo 5. I think they must have done a lot of work with the code base over the years so that it is less of a mess. Maybe at very least they can publish settings for us if we ask for them since there are some strong links to the studio in the community...

Well fuck, the first thing I've seen that gave me any sense of hope for this game and it's the day before release. Still not getting the game, but at least there might be some good gametypes that no one will ever play.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm just jumping to the end of this thread, so I don't know if anyone has posted something similar.

Decreasing the Magnum's shots to kill is absolutely more feasible and likely for 343 to implement than upping the clip/magazine size. Why? With both, you just need to go into the code and change some numbers so obviously it must be the same, right? No.

343 already has a system in place for tweaking weapon damage, rate of fire, red reticle range, etc. They just have to change a single number (perhaps two) to decrease the shots to kill. But clip size is something different. They have to pay an art guy (who hasn't been in the studio for 3+ months) to add three extra bullet icons on the HUD and compress the size the make them look nice. Then they have to modify the actual number of bullets in the code manually, because I can practically guarantee you that that is not one of the variables their quick-tuning program is meant to deal with. This might not sound like a lot of work, but it is in such a large company.

Conclusion: 4SK is actually the easier option for 343, and it's the better option for us. Let's push for it--it makes so many problems so much more bearable: nerfs sprint/thruster, balances easy-mode sniper, allows faster power weapon timers....

• Upvote (+1) 5

If radar increases the overall population for both viewers and players in terms of tournaments, then I think it would be a good addition to add. It may take away from the awareness skill gap, but if it's a smaller radar, it will hardly make a difference. Not to mention the game already has a solid skill gap already with it being hard to shoot. Just watch the pros play, they don't hit perfects all the time.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

There's more truth in the things I'm saying than the feelings which you are overthinking given the stream numbers of slow paced fps compared to their fast paced counterparts.

Interpret the evidence any way you want I guess-just understand which conclusions hold more weight.

Go to lunchbox's Twitter. Read his comments and the replies about Halo 5 and its speed. Tell me again how slow the game is?

If we're keeping radar, why not just bump up the range to 30 meters and set it to team only?

That way you can use it as a measuring tool for objectives and the only enemies that will pop up would be marked Flag carriers in CTF.

Go to lunchbox's Twitter. Read his comments and the replies about Halo 5 and its speed. Tell me again how slow the game is?

What does that prove? That a pro thinks it doesn't play slow?

I've also heard pros say that H4 is the best in terms of game mechanics, no bloom=no skill, h3 is more demanding than h2, and h2 is a better competitive game than CE because it started teamshooting.

Why should the pros be blindly trusted?

Enough has been revealed about the game at this point however to expose its flaws- nothing anyone can say will change the gameplay characteristics programmed into the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1