Sign in to follow this  
Tigahflex

Gandhi's Top 20 Halo Players

Ninja hasn't even won a real event yet? Why do people even want him on here so bad?!

He's a Halo celeb and more in touch with the community.

He's good and all but doesn't compare to the people on the list. Maybe he will in the future but now, no.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would put Pistola at #1, Ogre2 at #2 Walshy at #3 and Ogre1 at #4.

I don't care about national championships because in all reality it is just another event, and lets be honest anyone on this list could have teamed with Roybox&Pistola and win events in H3 and reach. If nats meant anything Demon D would be on that list.

I would also put Karma in the top 10, and FIS&VictoryX would in the 15-20 range for me.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Ogre 2 at #1 is not an opinion, it is an undeniable fact he is GOAT

No, sheep believe that.  He has not been a top 5 payer for 6 years. 

• Downvote (-1) 14

1. Ogre 2 - I personally think that OG1 > OG2 in both CE and H2, but obviously OG2 edges him out for his wins in H3 and Reach.

2. Pistola - Getting close to contending Ogre 2 for the GOAT title, in my honest opinion.

3. Ogre 1 - GOAT of CE and H2, but ended his career way too short.

4. Roy - Dominated since H3. Competed with Pistola as the leading performer of the God Squad in Reach.

5. Lunchbox - Dominated since H3.

6. Walshy - Didn't have enough consistency from mid-H3 through Reach.

7. Legit - Plays like he's on cocaine at events.

8. Snipedown - Longevity + consistency, especially by winning four straight events in H4.

9. Ghostayame - Managed to place top 8 in H3 when the rest of Carbon pretty much fell off.

10. Heinz - If he was on your team in H3, Reach, or now in H4, you have a pretty good chance of winning the event.

11. Gandhi - Walked away when he knew he was starting to shy away from the top. Smart choice for his legacy as a player.

12. Tsquared - Some of his last events really hurts his placing on my list.

13. Elamite - Won the most prize money in H3, but had a lot of poor team choices in Reach.

14. Victory X - An average placing of ~5th (5.1) over 6 seasons (2006-2011).

15. FearItSelf - An average placing of ~5th (4.8) over 5 seasons (2007-2011).

16. Karma - Along with all of his H2 accomplishments, he won an event in H3, which a lot of people don't remember.

17. Strongside - A lot of people forget that he managed to place relatively well in H3 and in Reach.

18. Shockwave - Lacks the longevity of some of the players higher than him on this list.

19. Zyos - A very big lack of longevity, despite being a top 3 CE player.

20. Best Man - Criminally slept on. Look at his consistency across three games.

Need to think about it more and I'll edit accordingly.

• Upvote (+1) 5

It's an all time list though, and the wins speak for themselves

Wins mean nothing.  He did not earn a single one alone.  He would not have won an event since 2008 if it wasn't for Pistola.  Pistola would have with or without Ogre2, as he did.

Saiyan has like 15 wins, would you put him at number 4?

• Downvote (-1) 3

Wins mean nothing.  He did not earn a single one alone.  He would not have won an event since 2008 if it wasn't for Pistola.  Pistola would have with or without Ogre2, as he did.

Saiyan has like 15 wins, would you put him at number 4?

By wins I meant national championships, and that means everything. I don't want to argue it. I respect what Ola has done but Ogre did it for years before Ola started attending events.

Rick so what's your basis? Wins and prize money or consecutive events obviously have no factors here.

We going off who looks like they might be better?

By wins I meant national championships, and that means everything. I don't want to argue it. I respect what Ola has done but Ogre did it for years before Ola started attending events.

National Championships are just another event.  If they meant anything more than regular events all of BTH 2009 would be on that list.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I would put Pistola at #1, Ogre2 at #2 Walshy at #3 and Ogre1 at #4.

I don't care about national championships because in all reality it is just another event, and lets be honest anyone on this list could have teamed with Roybox&Pistola and win events in H3 and reach. If nats meant anything Demon D would be on that list.

I would also put Karma in the top 10, and FIS&VictoryX would in the 15-20 range for me.

Ogre 2 has 56/119 event wins total. Not including locals.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ogre2 has also consistantly teamed with the best players in the game.  Like I said anyone on that list would have won the same ammount of events with his teams from 2009 onwards.

• Downvote (-1) 7

:kappa:  ??

Have no idea what that means but anyways since I was at work I couldn't make my case.Here it goes..

The reason I say Ninja should be added.

We all have heard of Barry Sanders one of the best running backs without a question he's top 10. As high as top 5! So the argument that Ninja shouldn't be listed because he hasn't won a Major tournament is ludicrous.

Ninja top 20:

Ninja been around the pro circuit since Columbus 2009. One of the best at 1v1 records to date! Just like Sanders who never had a winning team to win a Superbowl doesn't disqualify him from being named top 10 of all time. Same with Ninja but the difference is he has a lot more years to find the right team and win. 

So next time Snazzer dont just leave a silly face with "??" make a valid argument why he shouldn't be on the list.

• Downvote (-1) 8

personally, ive always thought lunchbox was better than roy. but thats just me. 

more well rounded, but roy is one of the best slayers the game has ever seen. They're in close conversation but Roy takes the cake by a bit

Have no idea what that means but anyways since I was at work I couldn't make my case.Here it goes..

The reason I say Ninja should be added.

We all have heard of Barry Sanders one of the best running backs without a question he's top 10. As high as top 5! So the argument that Ninja shouldn't be listed because he hasn't won a Major tournament is ludicrous.

Ninja top 20:

Ninja been around the pro circuit since Columbus 2009. One of the best at 1v1 records to date! Just like Sanders who never had a winning team to win a Superbowl doesn't disqualify him from being named top 10 of all time. Same with Ninja but the difference is he has a lot more years to find the right team and win. 

So next time Snazzer dont just leave a silly face with "??" make a valid argument why he shouldn't be on the list.

Ninja is a bad teammate. He's flashy against lesser competition and is very entertaining so he is popular in the community. He's a top 10, maybe even top 5 sniper, but that's about it. Also, Halo 4 is the only game where Ninja can even come close to be considered elite. He was a solid pro in Reach, but nothing special at all in Halo 3. All the guys on Gandhi's list are established game-changers in multiple games that have all won major tournaments

1. Ogre 2 - I personally think that OG1 > OG2 in both CE and H2, but obviously OG2 edges him out for his wins in H3 and Reach.

2. Pistola - Getting close to contending Ogre 2 for the GOAT title, in my honest opinion.

3. Ogre 1 - GOAT of CE and H2, but ended his career way too short.

4. Roy - Dominated since H3. Competed with Pistola as the leading performer of the God Squad in Reach.

5. Lunchbox - Dominated since H3.

6. Walshy - Didn't have enough consistency from mid-H3 through Reach.

7. Legit - Plays like he's on cocaine at events.

8. Snipedown - Longevity + consistency, especially by winning four straight events in H4.

9. Ghostayame - Managed to place top 8 in H3 when the rest of Carbon pretty much fell off.

10. Heinz - If he was on your team in H3, Reach, or now in H4, you have a pretty good chance of winning the event.

11. Gandhi - Walked away when he knew he was starting to shy away from the top. Smart choice for his legacy as a player.

12. Tsquared - Some of his last events really hurts his placing on my list.

13. Elamite - Won the most prize money in H3, but had a lot of poor team choices in Reach.

14. Victory X - An average placing of ~5th (5.1) over 6 seasons (2006-2011).

15. FearItSelf - An average placing of ~5th (4.8) over 5 seasons (2007-2011).

16. Karma - Along with all of his H2 accomplishments, he won an event in H3, which a lot of people don't remember.

17. Strongside - A lot of people forget that he managed to place relatively well in H3 and in Reach.

18. Shockwave - Lacks the longevity of some of the players higher than him on this list.

19. Zyos - A very big lack of longevity, despite being a top 3 CE player.

20. Best Man - Criminally slept on. Look at his consistency across three games.

Need to think about it more and I'll edit accordingly.

Ogre 2 will be GOAT for a LONG time, but Pistola is the only one who can even come close to him. Consider this, Ogre 2 has been part of 4 dynasties that absolutely CRUSHED their competition for at least 3 or 4 events in a row: FB with Og1, Walshy, Saiyan, FB with Og1, Walshy, and Strongside, FB with Ola, Fear, and Victory X and Instinct with Roybox and Ola. Pistola has been part of 2 dynasties: the two I just listed with Og2 and Ambush is looking like it might reach dynasty status with a couple more H4 wins.

The measure of a great player is not only stats or event placings, but the ability to perform consistently and outstandingly with different teammates all around you. Especially in different games. Og2 did it in H2, H3, and Reach. Ola did it in H3, Reach, and H4. Compare that to a player like Walshy who was absolutely outstanding in H2 on most dominant team that the game has ever seen, but then fell off in H3.

Walshy is without a doubt a top 6 player of all time just because of his dominance in Halo 2 and basically being the face of competitive Halo for a long long time, but the failure to be consistently spectacular is what knocks him and other fantastic players down in my mind

Walshy consistently placed top 8 through all of halo 3 with rag tag teammates, and was usually top 4 until the last few events.  Ogre2 teamed with some of the best in the game and still couldnt get wins (2008).

I am not taking anything away from Ogre2, he was a great player, but people think more highly of him than they should.  Nobody has dominated longer than Pistola. He was leagues above everyone else in H3 and Reach.  No other player has stood out more individually than Ola.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I'm very curious on why Cloud isn't on anyone's list. National Champion for H3 on BtH. I believe he won 2 events with RoyBox and Elamite with Instinct. Multiple MVP's for Halo 3. Consistent top 8 FFA player in H2, and a top 16 team in BtH when it was Perplexity, Hysteria, and Joe. Bounced around in the top 8 for Reach. Starting to become relevant in H4 now.

• Upvote (+1) 4

more well rounded, but roy is one of the best slayers the game has ever seen. They're in close conversation but Roy takes the cake by a bit

Completely agree, however I think it was only because they both chose to play the way they did. What I mean by that is if in the beginning of their careers Lunchbox wanted to play the slayer I believe they might have switched places because Roy wouldve just done what it took to win. We've all seen what Lunch was capable of but he also had slayers on his team so he filled the role left: Support and OBJ. I remember watching a Lunchbox 15-0 H3 1v1 where he had 2-3 of the greatest noscopes/quick scopes I've ever seen, one of which was on camo top middle. Unbelievable talent but thats just my opinion.

Really proud of  :gandhi: for the idea of this.

I think it's great that he didn't put himself in to, and also that he didn't put Formal and Mikwin in it.

The reason I say this isn't because I hate Formal and Mikwin, I in fact really like them, it's just the fact that Gandhi has started a really good relationship with them both, and I would think he would add them. But he speaks the truth, and in 3 years, they will probably be on the list.

I would change the top 5 just a little bit...

Gandhi                                  Alias

5. Roy                                   5. Ogre 1

4. Pistola                               4. Roy
                                                                                3. :walshy:                            3.  :walshy: 

2. Ogre 1                               2. Pistola

1. Ogre 2                              1. Ogre 2

Why?

Because Pistola & Roy still play, and are both extremely good.

Ogre 1 moved back because he quit, while the other, besides Walshy, went on.

This is my personal top 5, so please don't judge me on it...

Ninja is a bad teammate. He's flashy against lesser competition and is very entertaining so he is popular in the community. He's a top 10, maybe even top 5 sniper, but that's about it. Also, Halo 4 is the only game where Ninja can even come close to be considered elite. He was a solid pro in Reach, but nothing special at all in Halo 3. All the guys on Gandhi's list are established game-changers in multiple games that have all won major tournaments

The problem with this statement is. You are judging ninja which has nothing to do with his skill in the game. 

• Downvote (-1) 1