Sign in to follow this  
KGNorth

Halo CE Noob

So I just started playing Halo CE online for the first time on MCC and was wondering if anyone had any tips on aiming/shooting the pistol? I think your supposed to lead your shots a little bit depending on the distance, right? What about strafing? Does it affect the trajectory of the shot while you strafe? Any and all tips would be greatly appreciated. I'm playing a lot of H1 to pass the time while H5 comes out. I just want to stop dropping -20's every game against people that get the game and know the spawns. I apologize if this wasn't the right place to post these questions.

So I just started playing Halo CE online for the first time on MCC and was wondering if anyone had any tips on aiming/shooting the pistol? I think your supposed to lead your shots a little bit depending on the distance, right? What about strafing? Does it affect the trajectory of the shot while you strafe? Any and all tips would be greatly appreciated. I'm playing a lot of H1 to pass the time while H5 comes out. I just want to stop dropping -20's every game against people that get the game and know the spawns. I apologize if this wasn't the right place to post these questions.

Learn Spawns. Learn Randoms. Learn positioning. Learn how to nade shit.

The Pistol does whatever it want's to do in MCC sadly.

Some useful links to help you become a smarter, better player in H1: 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2yeQnuwxkvCU0Zw3XKcPnA

http://dev.halospawns.com/app

• Upvote (+1) 4

The pistol is the last thing you want to worry about, much like the BR is in Halo 3 or the DMR is in Reach. Just worry about spawns, always keeping control of the map and the rotation of weapons.

• Upvote (+1) 1

on the og halo ce, your strafe does affect the trajectory. so if you were walking to ur right, the pistol would go to the right more. You also have to lead further at long distances.

however on mcc, this is not the case. the pistol just does wahtever it wants. its like hitscan most of the time

• Upvote (+1) 1

Download on of those weapon timer things. That'l be enough to dominate most players.

• Upvote (+1) 2

^^ Agree with Cooper. There are apps for your phone and also websites. Just Google halo CE spawn timers, I'm on mobile so I can't right now. Just make sure its MCC version as it is different than CPU version.

^^ Agree with Cooper. There are apps for your phone and also websites. Just Google halo CE spawn timers, I'm on mobile so I can't right now. Just make sure its MCC version as it is different than CPU version.

I highly recommend the Halo 1 Timer app on iOS and Android (the one with the MCC icon), the simpler Youtube ones only state upcoming times (ex: "2 minutes in 10, 9, 8, etc" as opposed to "rockets in 10, 9, 8, etc"). The app lets you specify the map/gametype beforehand.

Some will probably argue that it makes it too easy because players don't need to actually learn at what time-stamps certain weapons come up, but I really don't see any reason to use the Youtube one if you have a mobile device (besides tradition). 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Theres been a lot of videos and advice posted. Thanks @@xxcloud7xx for posting my thread. Fuck you @@Batchford for not  :kappa:

@@KGNorth, theres so much to view and read, but I highly suggest looking into all of it. Learn the maps and call outs first that way you can understand a lot of the tutorial videos. If you have any specific questions or feel you need help improving in a specific area that is difficult for you to understand through text, message me at Teapot Yo and I can help you out in game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Theres been a lot of videos and advice posted. Thanks @@xxcloud7xx for posting my thread. Fuck you @@Batchford for not  :kappa:

@@KGNorth, theres so much to view and read, but I highly suggest looking into all of it. Learn the maps and call outs first that way you can understand a lot of the tutorial videos. If you have any specific questions or feel you need help improving in a specific area that is difficult for you to understand through text, message me at Teapot Yo and I can help you out in game.

Thank you all for the great advice and input! I will definitely look through all the videos and content tonight to try to raise my Halo IQ. I just regret not playing Halo CE sooner. Not sure if I will still be playing H1 when H5 comes out but if it does flop (I seriously hope it doesn't), I'll definitely be grinding for my 50 in CE  :halo:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I cover a lot of stuff on my youtube channel through 2v2 commentary, map walkthroughs with spawns, callout videos, etc.  It may be useful but it also may be total shit.  I was going to post it but while I was typing this I saw Batchford already did....there's lots of stuff on there.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I maintain a playlist of useful youtube-videos. They are sorted according to their importance, with the most essential at the top and the more advanced or obscure videos further down the list.

This is by no means a collection of everything useful (e.g. I do not include Missingno's many and very useful full gameplay commentaries, since I focus on trick compilations). But, I try to include tips and tricks that are particularly helpful, instructive and/or well-produced. I exclude the many repetitive (and sometimes poor) videos floating around on youtube.

Btw, feel free to suggest additions and videos that could be removed. Among the grenade tricks videos there are for instance quite a few overlaps, but I often keep a longer video with many redundant tricks due to it having also a couple of useful/original trick - although I push them to the bottom part of the list. Is this being too "inclusive"?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I cover a lot of stuff on my youtube channel through 2v2 commentary, map walkthroughs with spawns, callout videos, etc.  It may be useful but it also may be total shit.  I was going to post it but while I was typing this I saw Batchford already did....there's lots of stuff on there.

Too humble.  This guy makes some of the best H1 content available.  He lets you into the real-time thought process of a seasoned H1 player, and how he plays against equal competition.  The level of insight he provides is unmatched, at least as far as I've seen.  Seriously OP, Missingno's youtube channel is a fucking goldmine of knowledge.

Missingno, you do excellent work.  I'm planning on attending Beach LAN next year.  I hope you can make it.  You seem like a good dude and I'd love to meet you.

@@Teapot, you better make it too man.  We're teaming together.  Sorry in advance.

Edit: Btw, I'm SUPER flattered to see my H1 videos being linked.  Thank you, guys.  As someone that struggles with motivation to make content during these dark times, this helps.  Seriously, thank you.  It means a lot.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Edit: Btw, I'm SUPER flattered to see my H1 videos being linked.  Thank you, guys.  As someone that struggles with motivation to make content during these dark times, this helps.  Seriously, thank you.  It means a lot.

They are linked (or added to the playlist in my case) due to being very good. And note that I put them at the very top, which means that I consider them the best of the best for basic introduction ;)

• Upvote (+1) 1