Joseph

Beyond Tournaments Announcement!

This is pretty fucking incredible. You guys keep finding ways to drastically improve this site

This is pretty fucking incredible. You guys keep finding ways to drastically improve this site

Thanks! Was an uphill battle to build, but I am glad we got it done.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Awesome job guys, love seeing the progression and expansion of the site.

I have a few questions, just curious.

Are all these tournaments free to enter?

What makes this different than gamebattles, pgl, etc? 

Will our ladders tie to our "Forum profile"?- like when posting in GD, can people see my "BE rank" similar to "GB Rank" or even the tourneys we won? like the trophies in GB

Awesome job guys, love seeing the progression and expansion of the site.

I have a few questions, just curious.

Are all these tournaments free to enter?

What makes this different than gamebattles, pgl, etc? 

Will our ladders tie to our "Forum profile"?- like when posting in GD, can people see my "BE rank" similar to "GB Rank" or even the tourneys we won? like the trophies in GB

All tournaments are free to enter. 

Our goal was to get rid of the fluff, things people do not care about, and focus on competition. What sets us a part is that we have an actual thriving community that uses the website / forum every single day, and now their forum accounts fully integrate into the tournament platform. Previously, you would have to venture to a 3rd party website to participate in tournaments using an automated platform, now you do not.

There are no trophies, or personal ranks, that is all fluff to me, very "cheesey" in my opinion. You can view where you stack up on the Leaderboard which automatically tracks your Tournament / Ladder match wins. http://teambeyond.net/forum/tournaments/leaders/listing/

• Upvote (+1) 4

This is great news, as a programmer i am very impressed in the work you had to put in this.

The PGL system is great, i hope this is better :D

Any LAN tournaments planned?

This is great news, as a programmer i am very impressed in the work you had to put in this.

The PGL system is great, i hope this is better :D

Any LAN tournaments planned?

LAN tournaments have been lightly discussed with partners, but we are focusing on online events for the moment.

• Upvote (+1) 1

May seem like a dumb question here. I know this is a Halo oriented site, but are any other games being supported or only Halo?

May seem like a dumb question here. I know this is a Halo oriented site, but are any other games being supported or only Halo?

100%. I would expect Call of Duty in the near future, and possibly Gears.

Our goal was to get rid of the fluff, things people do not care about, and focus on competition. What sets us a part is that we have an actual thriving community that uses the website / forum every single day, and now their forum accounts fully integrate into the tournament platform. Previously, you would have to venture to a 3rd party website to participate in tournaments using an automated platform, now you do not.

how exactly are you planning on competing with Gamebattles, PGL, etc.?  this seems like a literally identical service (obviously with slight differences) and I guess I'm just wondering why people would choose TB over other alternatives, unless they were already on TB all the time? ... I agree that you'll do great with TB users, but how many daily uniques for this website actually play Halo competitively?

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is awesome, the question is how will it hold up with pgl and gamebattles being there as well

Edit: ^^^^Beat me to the question, lol

how exactly are you planning on competing with Gamebattles, PGL, etc.?  this seems like a literally identical service (obviously with slight differences) and I guess I'm just wondering why people would choose TB over other alternatives, unless they were already on TB all the time? ... I agree that you'll do great with TB users, but how many daily uniques for this website actually play Halo competitively?

We have a large and very active community that uses our services (forum, news, etc) on a daily basis. This large group also participated in our "un-platformed" tournaments. Every tournament we hosted up until this point has been a massive success - with no platform. 

Free to enter tournaments and an active community is our recipe for success. Most websites can host tournaments all day long, but 99% of websites do not have a community. Thats the difference. 

I am not saying we are re-inventing the wheel here, but it is a big and logical next step based on our previous events. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

@@Saucey

Love to see that you'll be adding in other games as well. I think that's an awesome addition. 

My next question for you is, given the fact that several professional players frequent this site and appear in tournaments, will you guys ever be hosting different brackets? I don't know if there are enough professional level players to warrant that, but it was a thought that occurred to me.

As I typed that, another question came to mind. I love the ladder system, and I've been out of the loop as far as GameBattles and stuff like that work, but would you ever consider a seasonal system too? For instance, I know my brother is planning to play in the open bracket for the next ESL CS:GO season. Thought that approach is kind of cool, how they have a system to compete for a duration of time, like the HCS season, like the CoD season, like the CS: GO season (not sure on LoL, DotA2, Smite, SC2 etc not my type of game so never paid close attention) where you compete in various tournaments for the season and then there is a playoff/major tournament at the end. I guess this begs another question, where I would ask if you guys have looked into other games' competition systems and thought about implementing them?

@@Saucey

Love to see that you'll be adding in other games as well. I think that's an awesome addition. 

My next question for you is, given the fact that several professional players frequent this site and appear in tournaments, will you guys ever be hosting different brackets? I don't know if there are enough professional level players to warrant that, but it was a thought that occurred to me.

As I typed that, another question came to mind. I love the ladder system, and I've been out of the loop as far as GameBattles and stuff like that work, but would you ever consider a seasonal system too? For instance, I know my brother is planning to play in the open bracket for the next ESL CS:GO season. Thought that approach is kind of cool, how they have a system to compete for a duration of time, like the HCS season, like the CoD season, like the CS: GO season (not sure on LoL, DotA2, Smite, SC2 etc not my type of game so never paid close attention) where you compete in various tournaments for the season and then there is a playoff/major tournament at the end. I guess this begs another question, where I would ask if you guys have looked into other games' competition systems and thought about implementing them?

We can host invite only tournaments that feature only pro players, we have the capability to do that :)

Yes we planned on doing Ladders in seasons. Not sure about a major event at the end, but that will be something we will have to plan out carefully in the future.

We can host invite only tournaments that feature only pro players, we have the capability to do that :)

Yes we planned on doing Ladders in seasons. 

I did see that you guys can do the invite only tournaments. It slipped my mind that you could do it that way - sort of in the way they ran the Halo 2 tournaments at MLG events back in the day - meaning there's an AM bracket and Pro bracket for the same tournament - sort of what I was alluding to with my brother in the CS: GO thing - his team can move out of Open bracket to Intermediate or Main bracket. That make any sense?

EDIT: Thanks for the confirmation on seasons.

I did see that you guys can do the invite only tournaments. It slipped my mind that you could do it that way - sort of in the way they ran the Halo 2 tournaments at MLG events back in the day - meaning there's an AM bracket and Pro bracket for the same tournament - sort of what I was alluding to with my brother in the CS: GO thing - his team can move out of Open bracket to Intermediate or Main bracket. That make any sense?

EDIT: Thanks for the confirmation on seasons.

Ah I see. That isnt something we can do right now. Really cool idea though, I am sure it wouldnt take many modifications to add something like that.

Ah I see. That isnt something we can do right now. Really cool idea though, I am sure it wouldnt take many modifications to add something like that.

Sorry for the poor wording the first time around. Love that you guys are doing this, really. I think it's a great step in the right direction.

this seems like a literally identical service (obviously with slight differences)

Maybe the word "literally" isn't for you...

Pretty badass, makes things extra convenient and accessible. Too bad i'll be at iron gaming daytona so i'll miss the first tournament, but i will be playing in these tournaments in the future for sure.