Sign in to follow this  
gizgaz

Bravo 343 is thinking about adding BG to CE 4v4-Give him your feedback

So, those things considered, it isn't in the 4v4 playlist right now, because a lot of those things don't impact other CE map / game type combos quite as heavily as they do Blood Gulch CTF. That's really the key. Got a player who quits in a Damnation TS? Not the end of the world.

Thankfully, no one quits out in MCC, so that won't be a problem.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Might as well put it in there. It's not like it would be the worst gametype in there anyway.

Personally I find it plays better with 6v6 but 4v4 works, we've ran it a few times in our customs group.

Blood gulch IS Halo 1. You have to put it in. I would love it in 2v2 also...

Can we legally euthanize people like this?

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You guys are blinded by nostalgia. Neg me as much as you want but it's true. I love messing around in BG CTF as much as the next guy but Blood Gulch and Sidewinder are WAY TOO FUCKING BIG FOR 4v4.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

CE large maps that work well in 4v4 and arent in the playlist yet

- Bloogulch TS

- Bloodgulch CTF

- Bloodgulch Hill

- Sidewinder CTF

- Timberland CTF

- Timberland Hill

- Icefields CTF

You guys are blinded by nostalgia. Neg me as much as you want but it's true. I love messing around in BG CTF as much as the next guy but Blood Gulch and Sidewinder are WAY TOO FUCKING BIG FOR 4v4.

they are not because you have teleporters and vehicles, the encounter rate of opponents is pretty much the same as on 2v2 CE small maps

CE large maps that work well in 4v4 and arent in the playlist yet

- Bloodgulch Hill

- Timberland Hill

- Icefields CTF

conan_zps2fb4c287.gif

For slayer it is absolutely terrible, for CTF however it does okay because the action is actually focused/directed and you don't have to worry about sniper asshole sitting on back wall just picking people off, or rockets camping in cave.

• Upvote (+1) 1

what speaks against it?

did you actually ever play Timberland or Icefields in these modes?

The fact that these are BTB maps. BG not so much and it's a fan favorite so I can undestand if they add BG CTF to the playlist.

But dude, Timerland has four sniper rifles, three powerups, numerous vehicles, two rocket launchers and two shotguns. Tell me that it wouldn't be a complete clusterfuck to play KOTH on that. Same goes for Ice Fields. And it takes about two minutes to actually run across these maps, sounds extremely exciting to play 4v4 on such a map.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I could live with BG CTF and Sidewinder 1Flag Assault. Nothing else from the BTB map pool, please.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I want Reverse Tag first.

This. 

I'd also like KOTH and Ball to be 5mins instead of 2. 

I can play 5 games of those faster than 1 Hang Em CTF against decent people.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Can we legally euthanize people like this?

I think that BG works better with 6v6 and up, but damn. You can really taste the salt in this post.

For a lot of people, that was the case. Halo CE is without a doubt the most competitively viable Halo game in the series when you break down the core mechanics, but most people who set up LAN parties in their college dorms didn't play Halo to be MLG Mtn Dew BKs, they played for the fun of it, and most of the time it was CTF on Blood Gulch.

There's a reason it's THE most iconic Halo map to date, (Rivaled by Lockout, Midship and, what, The Pit, maybe?) and one of the most iconic multiplayer maps in any shooter at all.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think that BG works better with 6v6 and up, but damn. You can really taste the salt in this post.

For a lot of people, that was the case. Halo CE is without a doubt the most competitively viable Halo game in the series when you break down the core mechanics, but most people who set up LAN parties in their college dorms didn't play Halo to be MLG Mtn Dew BKs, they played for the fun of it, and most of the time it was CTF on Blood Gulch.

There's a reason it's THE most iconic Halo map to date, (Rivaled by Lockout, Midship and, what, The Pit, maybe?) and one of the most iconic multiplayer maps in any shooter at all.

2v2 BG is just a terrible idea. A terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea that should not be pushed on the rest of the playlist-going population on the slimmest chance that it actually gets voted for just because this dude likes it. ESPECIALLY if it's CTF, like Bravo specifically suggested. 

2v2 BG is just a terrible idea. A terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea that should not be pushed on the rest of the playlist-going population on the slimmest chance that it actually gets voted for just because this dude likes it. ESPECIALLY if it's CTF, like Bravo specifically suggested. 

You're original post didn't mention 2v2. It does now, but not when I quoted it.

2v2 BG is AR Starts Standoff bad. Still, to want to kill people that have bad video game opinions makes you sound ridiculous, hyperbole or not. 

Thinking back to playing CE it seems like a good idea. Thinking back to watching/playing and seeing people try to pistol at any kind of distance in MCC? Nah.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I couldnt agree more about the distance thing snipe three. I loved ctf bg back in the day but that was on og xbox when the pistol worked correctly. I could sit up at the canyons above red base and 3 or 4 shot people on spawn consistantly. Now in mcc it takes like a whole clip to get one kill on a spawner from that distance. I dont understand why but mcc pistol is way easier then og on close up and mid range battles, but way harder and less consistent then og in long range battles.

• Upvote (+1) 2