Jinxer

Star Wars Discussion

Just got out of Rogue One and I loved it.

Biggest problem was Tarkin, I recognized the CGI right away and every scene he was in annoyed me. I know for some movie goers it wouldn't have been noticeable as they didn't grow up with CGI heavy action films, but Tarkin for me sat right at the bottom of the uncanny valley. Leia wasn't nearly as bad though, maybe it's because there were less features on her face and the fact that she had one scene.

Darth Vader scenes were great, especially at the end when he's just casually deflecting those blaster shots and going ham.

EDIT: Also worried Disney wouldn't get brutal and kill of most (if not all) of the characters. Glad they didn't shy away.

I am right with you on the CGI deal.

I kinda wanted Jyn to survive. Its Felicity Jones....she kicks butt and she's cute. :P

I wish Rogue One was already on Blu Ray along with all the extras and deleted scenes. 

"This will make a fine addition to my collection."

I kinda wanted Jyn to survive. Its Felicity Jones....she kicks butt and she's cute. :P

Trust me, it's good that they all died. Now it's impossible for Disney to make unnecessary sequels for their characters for $$$. I do wish Jyn was fleshed out more but she played her part in the series.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Trust me, it's good that they all died. Now it's impossible for Disney to make unnecessary sequels for their characters for $$$. I do wish Jyn was fleshed out more but she played her part in the series.

I agree with that also. It's not just a good thing, but it leaves an emotional impact on the narrative. They all died for a great cause, even if that cause wasn't perfect and some rebels had done their share of bad things just for the cause (what Cassian said before they left Yavin VI).

• Downvote (-1) 1

We can still get Rogue Two: The Journey of Manny Bothans

“Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealously. The shadow of greed, that is.”

lol why are you posting cartoons? this isnt the star wars movies and that animation is painful to watch, looks like the producer of blues clues got some good blow and decided to take on a new project 

• Upvote (+1) 2

lol why are you posting cartoons? this isnt the star wars movies and that animation is painful to watch, looks like the producer of blues clues got some good blow and decided to take on a new project 

nah there's some pretty good stuff in Rebels

nah there's some pretty good stuff in Rebels

The Clone Wars was definitely better though.

rip

Clone Wars took a shit on the EU tho big time which made me : (

80% of the EU is legit bad though and now almost all of it isn't even lore. Besides, the Clone Wars brought us one of the best characters, Ahsoka Tano.

80% of the EU is legit bad though and now almost all of it isn't even lore. Besides, the Clone Wars brought us one of the best characters, Ahsoka Tano.

Disagree heavily but thats just like my opinion man

• Upvote (+1) 1

EU was excellent for cool new places, people, and things, but the stories weren't always the greatest.

It's all fan-fiction anyway - even Disney's stuff.

One of the big things I wish the Clone Wars did was be allowed to properly finish with the Siege of Mandalore. It would have been going on around the same time as Revenge of the Sith as in the beginning Anakin and Obi-Wan would be called back to Coruscant to rescue the Chancellor. While that is going on Ahsoka would be commanding Rex and his troops against Maul

Dave Filoni is said to be working on a new project. A part of me wishes it's a mini-series that gives the Clone Wars a proper ending with at least covering the Battle of Coruscant and Mandalore.

Dave Filoni is said to be working on a new project. A part of me wishes it's a mini-series that gives the Clone Wars a proper ending with at least covering the Battle of Coruscant and Mandalore.

John Campea from ColliderVideos, who has ties to many people working on Star Wars, teased that Filoni is indeed working on a new animated series and we'll most likely get more information at Celebration.

Saw Rogue 1 last night....

To be quite frank I didn't think it was anything special.  The only thing I liked was that it answered the question, "Why was the Death Star so easy to destroy?"

Other than that there really wasn't a point to the movie.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Saw Rogue 1 last night....

To be quite frank I didn't think it was anything special. The only thing I liked was that it answered the question, "Why was the Death Star so easy to destroy?"

Other than that there really wasn't a point to the movie.

Haven't seen it yeto

What's the reason/cause?

How about the fact that it was an authentic Star Wars and was well casted and acted? I just think it was true to the Star Wars experience, with a wonderfully nostalgic third act. Not sure what else you wanted to see?

I agree with that also. It's not just a good thing, but it leaves an emotional impact on the narrative. They all died for a great cause, even if that cause wasn't perfect and some rebels had done their share of bad things just for the cause (what Cassian said before they left Yavin VI).

Too bad none of the characters in the film were likable besides K2SO, Chirrut, and maybe Andor.