Jinxer

Star Wars Discussion

True... I'm still bummed that it didn't have PvP multiplayer. Would've been closest to CE in the series.

CE PvP was a mistake in Bungie's eyes. Halo is never going back to that. Everyone in the Halo forum lives in a salt mine knowing this. You're welcome to join us!

Also, The Empire Strikes Back trailer in The Last Jedi style. It's pretty good.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've never really been into Formula One but this is an amazing way of celebrating 40 years of SW

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-han-solo-film-loses-directors-1015419

The two directors of the Han Solo film, Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, have dropped out of the movie 3 weeks before filming!

WHAT.

THE.

FUCK.

I kind of hope this movie gets cancelled. Here is a comment I read on reddit that describes my opinons perfectly on a Han Solo film.

"Given that Han Solo is the film's protagonist, he's probably going to be depicted as a hero in some sense. The problem with this is that Han isn't a hero when he's first introduced in Episode IV. He's selfish and arrogant and only becomes a hero as his character develops.

I fear the prequel is going to water down his character."

Edit: They had 3 weeks left of filming.

Edit 2: https://twitter.com/mjsamps/status/877307669920587778

This is looking baddddddddd

"Lord and Miller (21 Jump Street, The Lego Movie) have a comedic sensibility and improvisational style while Kasdan favors a strict adherence to the written word — what is on the page is what must be shot. The creative clash, according to one insider, also came down to differences in understanding the character of Han Solo. “People need to understand that Han Solo is not a comedic personality. He’s sarcastic and selfish,” said that source.

The friction was felt almost immediately when the movie began shooting in February, sources say, but the directors always thought it could be worked through. Kennedy, the producer and head of Lucasfilm, decided to back her lifelong colleague, who shaped much of Solo’s character in Empire and ‪Return of the Jedi and who had a specific tone in mind for the new movie. The duo also didn’t feel they had the support of producer Allison Shearmur, who was acting as Lucasfilm’s representative on the London set." http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-why-han-solo-movie-directors-were-fired-1015474

It seems to me, like Disney had to send them away to save the movie. The timing could have been better but it would have been worse to release a movie with the fan favorite main character beeing "water down" as you quoted.

Ron Howard apparantly taking over now. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-han-solo-movie-ron-howard-steps-direct-1015674?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

I don't think I ever liked the idea of a Han Solo film anyways. Mainly for similar reasons to those in EagleBurn's post. Would've much preferred a Obi-Wan film with Ewan McCregor hanging out on Tatooine. Maybe something like Yojimbo/A Fistful of Dollars but in Mos Eisley idk.

Is there any hope for the Solo movie? I kinda hope Disney just starts over and delays the film, but that might conflict with their release schedule.

Edit: Going to say something blasphemous here, but I don't like the ideas of a Solo and Obi-Wan movie. What is Obi-Wan going to do now after Rebels Season 3?

Is there any hope for the Solo movie? I kinda hope Disney just starts over and delays the film, but that might conflict with their release schedule.

there was before Kennedy and Co. pulled some weak-ass coup and brought in the biggest square in all of filmmaking to finish directing it

TLJ trailer dropping on the 11th with the start of Monday Night Football?

Also who would you guys like to see direct Episode IX now that Trevorrow is out? I'd like to see Rian Johnson return to make this trilogy his own and close it out.

Lots of hints out there that new trailer will be premiering with MNF on October 9th.

Any of you guys gonna try and not watch it to come into the film as fresh as possible? Will most likely be impossible for me, but after it drops I will be going dark on Reddit and Twitch chats to avoid spoilers/leaks.

Way too revealing but otherwise really hype lol I guess we know what movie to see around Christmas!

Since we're coming closer to the TLJ release, I've been watching TFA once again on the weekend:
I still like the movie a lot but there are a couple of issues that may seem small at first but they continue to to piss me off more and more:
- resistance attack on takodana, I love a couple of shots but I'm starting to hate some of the action. JJA should have just added ~30 sec. of additional scenes showing some resistance groud forces freeing the heros. It would have been fun to watch and it would have spared me seeing an x-wing approaching at high speed and basically sniping storm troopers who stand right next to valuable prisoners...

- han solo's fighting skills: I hate the scene where he shoots without looking. It just takes me out of the action, that's the stuff I expect in some fan movie directed by a 10 year old boy, similar to how han keeps taking the bowcaster all the sudden after ignoring it for 3 movies...either have Han use his weapon or have chewie kill some storm troopers but the constant changing of weapons bugs me..

- first order firing SKB: I get it, JJA wanted the people to see parallels with the nazi party, with that huge gathering and how the storm troopers through their arms up in the air but is just dosn't deliver on screen and seems cheesy as fuck...

Those might sound nitpicky but somehow, these scenes impact on the movie seem to grow each time I watch it...
I get it, JJA wanted to great this badass overly awesome movie but he went to far in some scenes, there is a rather fine line between "holy shit" and "Aw, fuck that shit"

I've never liked TFA; walked out of the theater 2 years ago and was completely underwhelmed and disappointed.

I won't discuss my issues with it, as I'm sure they're very similar to ones you've heard, but I'll just say that in 10 years TFA will be the most forgettable Star Wars film. Hell, it might hold that title right now.

But all signs point to TLJ being a good slap-in-the-face, which I'm looking forward to.