Pyroteq

Why aren't people up in arms over lack of LAN support in Halo 5?

Well I'm not going to buy halo 5 so I don't feel like complaining when i got so much other stuff on the mcc to complain about. 

also heard a rumor on here that there will be special halo 5's that have lan support that will be used for tournaments. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

also heard a rumor on here that there will be special halo 5's that have lan support that will be used for tournaments. 

Even IF that were to be the case, what happens if I just want to play a 1v1 against my brother or friends? What happens if I just want to invite a dozen Halo players I know to my house for a weekend LAN?

There is no excuse for excluding LAN support from a AAA FPS that claims to be supporting eSports.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Even IF that were to be the case, what happens if I just want to play a 1v1 against my brother or friends? What happens if I just want to invite a dozen Halo players I know to my house for a weekend LAN?

There is no excuse for excluding LAN support from a AAA FPS that claims to be supporting eSports.

Playing against your bro or having a LAN party with a dozen people is gonna be pretty difficult with no spilt-screen.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Playing against your bro or having a LAN party with a dozen people is gonna be pretty difficult with no spilt-screen.

I have friends over for PC LAN's all the time. It's a pain in the ass there is no split screen support, but I can easily setup space for everyone to bring a monitor.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have friends over for PC LAN's all the time. It's a pain in the ass there is no split screen support, but I can easily setup space for everyone to bring a monitor.

Aye that's good for you then but I do agree it is a pain in the ass to have so many setups.

And even worse, any up and coming event is basically screwed if 343 doesn't hook them up. Locals especially will be screwed

I had a bunch of LAN parties in the last year with MCC. We usually had 8 people and everyone brought their own Xbox and monitor/tv. All you really need is an 8ft card table and some chairs.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Meh

I don't really care because I have no interest in the events for H5. Default settings. Ugh. Sprint. No thanks.

The game looks fun to play but I doubt i'll be tuning in to watch many event games.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 11

@@Sal1ent

Since you're currently lurking the forums can you please let us know why Halo 5 will not support LAN and what you're going to do to make sure tournaments run smooth?

We finally get pretty decent ranks again, then we lose LAN.

343 giveth, 343 taketh way.

:ghost:

This. I honestly can't fathom how 343 can be so adamant about H5 eSports and not have LAN support. The two things basically go hand in hand.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel, Halo 5 showed who was truly a casual and apologist on this site. When issues like splitscreen and lan support have been brought up, half the time I think I'm reading waypoint looking at some of the replies

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Speaking of SC2, the internet went out at a GSL final (or was it Blizzcon) and they showed Dustin Browder and Mike Morhaime on camera (they were in the audience) and they were heavily booed by fans of their own game.

Blizz still haven't changed their stance several games in. I doubt MS will either. We must have Lanned halo 2 every weekend for a year after it launched at my local game store. Midnight launch parties where you could actually play the game were the hypest thing ever. Its truly saddening that these will never happen again.

No LAN, day one patch bullshit. They're making it hard to play muliplayer with multiple people..

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just want to point out that dedicated servers and LAN aren't mutually exclusive.

You can run the Dedicated Server on a physical machine in the same room as all your players, and connect to it via LAN. This is strictly better than only lan or only dedis because there is very very low ping, and absolutely no host advantage.

All MS needs to do to make this problem go away is release the Dedicated Server executable and add in the ability to connect to an IP, and all of these problems will go away. Although, tbh there is roughly 0% chance that will happen, even though there aren't really even any negatives to doing so...