Sign in to follow this  
Legend_JR2

PLEASE HELP *COLLEGE INTERNET*

Whats up fellas.

I thought I would give this a shot since I have seen multiple network assistance posts on Bungie.net in the old H2 and H3 days. Anyways, I have tried alot of things so I was curious to see if anyone is a networking fiend good enough to fix my problem. I have good connection at college. As a matter of fact I could play online no issue the year before. I would play Halo decently during the week and perfectly no lag on weekend. (There is a far less traffic on the weekends since a majority of the students go home. I was playing MCC and CS:GO. Both games the connection was good enough for ranked play. (Mainly concerned about Halo) This year I hear news that we had upgraded out network. 12083818_1686617624892033_1194385144_n.j

So we received and upgrade great. No. I have a good inside with one of the higher up employees in the IT department. Apparently, when we upgraded the guy in charge of networking messed up somewhere. In the picture I provided in the left hand corner is what pops up on my xbone when I run a multiplayer connection test. (You cant see in the image but it says my packet loss is at 46%) The internet is actually not bad. It has no problem streaming netflix or youtube. But when it comes to gaming it is awful. Unplayable. But, the lag is different. It isn't a matter of speed. As a matter of fact sometimes the lag is just extremely spikey. When I say spikey I mean, I lag stupid all over the map anytime I get into a fight with another player. I had tried to make my own network through my laptop and running a hotspot shield. Pretty much it was kinda like I made my own network the was based off of the school internet. I'd hardwire my laptop and then connect to it on my xbox wirelessly. It was a strange idea my friend from IT came up with when he came to my room to try to fix it. It actually worked one time. I do not know if it was a coincidence but the when he was watching me play I had no lag at all. Then he left. Since then I could not get it to work and he couldn't fix it afterwards.

Anyways, he claims that the guy in charge of networking is just an idiot and fucked it all up when they upgraded the internet before this semester. 

Do you guys have any savage techniques that could get me to game again? I truly believe my schools internet has such strict nats that I just can't send or receive packets or data with anyone. Which in gaming you are constantly sending information from one system to another so that is why I think I can not game but I can stream videos.

Also saying I will not be surprised when you guys say, I think you are just fucked because it is very true. I think I am just fucked and will not be able to play at school. lol

Yeah this is fucked...

Please post the results of this test right here. http://www.pingtest.net/

For games Ping and network quality matter MORE than bandwidth. Hell you can 2mbps up/down and as long as you have good ping and network quality then you're perfectly fine.

ping google.com and post the results.

Yeah this is fucked...

Please post the results of this test right here. http://www.pingtest.net/

For games Ping and network quality matter MORE than bandwidth. Hell you can 2mbps up/down and as long as you have good ping and network quality then you're perfectly fine.

12167135_1686638991556563_79571967_n.jpg

I didn't think downloading java to view my packet loss was important since i ran the test on my xbox. Let me know what you guys think.

12167135_1686638991556563_79571967_n.jpg

I didn't think downloading java to view my packet loss was important since i ran the test on my xbox. Let me know what you guys think.

Yeah this is out of your control...

Unable to test packets loss lol, and you have jitter...Start calling IT constantly to get that idiot network guy to stop fucking things up.

2safom0.png

You should download java to see how many packets you're losing.

Or like I said, ping google, or yahoo, or any other number of websites to see if you're losing packets, use CMD.