Sign in to follow this  
Snipetality

Snip3down Halo Montage 2 - Edited By Snipetality

Still not done with it yet, but so far it's really, really good--great job. I love the incorporation of his best moments from the live events, and the syncing overall is on point. Soundtrack has a lot of variety, yet nothing over the top and distracting.

I was really excited for this. Still am but damn.. 23 mins? This thing got commercials or a halftime show? I'm expecting some H4 overkills with all rockets because there's no way he's got 23mins of worthy clip time. I hope I'm wrong though. I still watch the snipedown movie by vidol like once a week. It's too good not to.

edit: I stand corrected. Great clips and great editing. I seem to have forgotten how long it's been and how many he's saved.

Loved the rolling MLG clips part. Hearing the loud cheers during games...I really need another tournament to watch asap, hurry it up HCS! Good songs, good edit...i'll be honest tho after the first few H4 clips tho I skipped to the end lol. Really enjoyed watching the Reach stuff too...idk what it is but I really enjoy watching Reach montages even tho the game was super aggravating. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

It focused on what a lot of editors seem to miss out on when it comes to montages nowadays, the gameplay.

Didn't expect anything less.  Awesome stuff guys.

This was brilliant, well worth the wait.

Snipedown has been my favourite player to watch since 08. The greatest halo sniper of all time.

Amazing montage.

If the halo 3 section was one song like the rest of the video, it would have been a lot stronger. I feel like you played everything way too safe editing wise. Also the amount of rotation you put on some angles just look a bit off. I know it helps sometimes to make the angles look better, but you just placed rotations when they weren't needed and the angles by themselves looked fine. I hate to be negative on this as well, but the intro was something we've seen done a million times in halo videos, sad that probably the biggest montage to come out in the past 3 years has this as an intro. The edit was clean and well done though, however I know you easily could have done better (examples of Ace's leftover video, etc). 

We are in 2015, soundtracks like that don't need to be used anymore.

Snipedown must really like Thrice's Circles, because even Vidol did a render to it.

The gameplay was amazing though in almost all aspects except for a bunch of the halo 3 fillers.

Overall pretty good video, too much hype for something that should have been much better

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

God damn it that was so good. When a montage is about 20 minutes of clips and that 20 minutes flies by, you know you're watching an excellent montage. I really loved everything about it. 

Loved it. Great game play, some great material. I'm personally a little happy he didn't use any of the clips against me aha.

Only issue I had was the soundtrack wasn't memorable for me. The montages intend to repeat have soundtracks that just mesh so well with the game play that the songs remind me of what's going on. Didn't do it this time for me and that's okay.

Minor gripe of a solid montage.

I really liked how the games were segmented, not all merged together. Good music as well. Really enjoyed it.

Halo 4 is not very montage-friendly though. Those horrible gun sounds (In my opinion)

We are a family, even if it is a little dysfunctional

Love that quote. This montage isn't just about gameplay, it's like a trip through time, those nostalgic feels. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

There were two things I couldn't stop thinking about while watching this (besides the obvious great editing and clips ofc):

Even with overall bad graphics compared to modern games, H3/Reach looked so amazing both in design and coloring or whatever it was. The spartan models looked SO good.

More importantly though, the design of the maps are SO VERY SUPERIOR to H4/5. Not even talking about the actual layout, but the design, colors, etc. The maps all look so clean, non-cluttered, and un-obtrusive to gameplay. I wish every map would look like the maps in CE personally, but I know that's going too far backwards. I just miss knowing exactly where my nades will bounce and not having too much complexity in the background of every map that takes away from the experience of killing other players in an online battle arena.