Sign in to follow this  
ZeusIsGodly

343, please don't put players in Gold/Onyx after placements

@@MATCLAN pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Grindy systems don't prove anything other than you had the time to just drown lesser skilled players with unbalanced matches.

If you get placed into Gold/Onyx (these are outdated now according to new footage), then that should be your appropriate skill level. If it isn't, you will lose games and fall into a lower division. If you aren't good enough to move up then you are going to have to improve your gameplay to rise in the ranks, simple as that.

Also, we have to keep in mind that because we are the competitive community, we ARE some of the best players in the game. Obviously Pros and people who play competitive ladders and online tournaments will be better, but they'll be making their way to the Semi Pro and Pro tiers to fight over ELO. 

Strong gamers will be placed into Gold and above and people like Major Nelson and Reiku will be placed into Iron and Bronze. That's what I saw in the Beta and I think the results were accurate.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was an onyx solo player during the beta and was thankful to not have to grind through other divisions to get there.  I expect there would have been plenty of grinding as a solo player to get to semi-pro had I had the time to put into it during the beta

Strong gamers will be placed into Gold and above and people like Major Nelson and Reiku will be placed into Iron and Bronze. That's what I saw in the Beta and I think the results were accurate.

bro why are u being so toxic in the community 

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Inb4 the two 24/7 duo and go Onyx.

In theory. If I'm one of the first 200 to play the game and I play very well or out of my mind for my first ten games and I get pro rating. Isn't all that's gonna happen if I stop playing is I'll fall into semi pro?. A lot of people on here have already said they either know they're not good enough or don't have an interest in maintaining a pro rank. So that'll be me Johnny some thumb finished with this ranking system? I believe it hasn't been said if your rank resets a season yet?. Leaning toward op here. It'd be nice to have a separate grind rank based on win loss or something.

Or have a numbered system and then beyond that- a division system.

just an FYI, I asked this last night

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm like 99% positive you can't place into Semi Pro, so even if you get lucky and get placed into Onyx (or whatever the new Division is) you won't survive unless you have the skill to maintain it.

I did find it odd that after just 10 games you can be put in the maximum rank, how can you go off 10 games?, I feel as though more games should be required. 

Seems like 343 have taken a few things from CS GO.

Much better than taking from COD.

If you belong in gold or onyx, I think you should be placed there.

As someone said a bit ago in this topic, it's not supposed to be a grind, although getting to semi-pro and even pro status will probably be a grind no matter where you're placed.

This isn't really a substitute for 1-50.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The only thing I can think of in H5 that resembles CSGO is the weapon skins, the ranking is probably closer to StarCraft 2.

Pretty much what StaticGnome said.

The ranking system reminds me more of Starcraft 2 or League of Legends, to be honest.

The only thing I can think of in H5 that resembles CSGO is the weapon skins, the ranking is probably closer to StarCraft 2.

I don't play that game, however in cs go you play have to win (not just play) ten games to be placed.

What system does starcraft use?

I don't play that game, however in cs go you play have to win (not just play) ten games to be placed.

What system does starcraft use?

You get ranked after simply playing 5 placement matches.

I did find it odd that after just 10 games you can be put in the maximum rank, how can you go off 10 games?, I feel as though more games should be required. 

TrueSkill (the system used by Halo 3) was actually lauded as being able to "accurately assess a player's skill level in as little as 13 games." -- granted, the LEVEL didn't reflect that in Halo 3, as they included a grind to actually reach that.

You get ranked after simply playing 5 placement matches.

So basically h5's is bang on in between the two.

you shouldn't have to grind just to be able to play against people your skill level, and if the ranking system works the way it should then pretty much everyone will have to grind at some point to rank up.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah this is for sure an issue. There has to be party restriction in ranked (which is why there should be ranked and social division). Yes it divides the population but its simply unfair to the people who dont add/have loads of players they can play with.

Im a fairly competitive person, I dont like loosing in anything I do. So going into ranked and getting stomped by teams of 4 all the time simply made me not want to play the game. So one system slows down match making and one system losses population.

I dont mind waiting if the games going to be fair.

I don't mind waiting for decent games either, however I refuse to wait like Arena in Reach. You hit %4 you were fucked to find a game.

I'm like 99% positive you can't place into Semi Pro, so even if you get lucky and get placed into Onyx (or whatever the new Division is) you won't survive unless you have the skill to maintain it.

In the beta I solo-searched the Strongholds playlist in placement games and went absurdly positive every game and got placed Semi-Pro 1645 which was Pro at the time. I saw some others get placed even higher in that playlist - around 1800. It could happen in the beta but I guess we'll see in the full game 3 weeks from now.

Proof: http://www.twitch.tv/p_w_r/c/5852119

Nah, I don't mind the placement. I started off in Semi-Pro and reached Pro an hour later. Thank god because all my matches were intense the entire Beta. I'm much happier when I don't have to drop 35+ kills AND do all the objective in order to win a match.

The grind for those trying to reach Pro and keep Pro should be good enough. 

(Or whatever Semi-Pro and Pro is called now).

• Upvote (+1) 2

@@MATCLAN pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Really? Not sure which beta you played, but my experience with it was some of the worst matchmaking in any game I've ever played. I never got past the stage of dropping 20+ kills/game in semi-pro, but having a significantly lower ranked player on the team literally goosing for 6 minutes then quitting. Very reminiscent of MCCs teams of 40/32/47/21.

I can't remember if you were allowed to party up with others, but I think that may have been the issue, and it seems like some foreshadowing of how partying up with lower ranked players is going to go.

In the beta I solo-searched the Strongholds playlist in placement games and went absurdly positive every game and got placed Semi-Pro 1645 which was Pro at the time. I saw some others get placed even higher in that playlist - around 1800. It could happen in the beta but I guess we'll see in the full game 3 weeks from now.

Hrm, I'm surprised to see that to be honest.

I definitely don't believe that people should be placed into Semi-Pro/Pro, but it could be very well possible that a large majority of your placement matches were played against Onyx and Semi Pro's, so who knows.

I'd prefer a cap at the Onyx/High Division but if the system is accurate I suppose its okay.

I feel like the placement matches shouldn't look at stats for your placement matches (when playing on a To4) because then the main-slayers and support slayers will be put in higher divisions than the obj players. There is no way to balance obj points and kills perfectly unless they just count a win as a win. If I play with my team we shouldn't all be placed in different divisions. If this issue is already solved then ignore me.

I feel like the placement matches shouldn't look at stats for your placement matches (when playing on a To4) because then the main-slayers and support slayers will be put in higher divisions than the obj players. There is no way to balance obj points and kills perfectly unless they just count a win as a win. If I play with my team we shouldn't all be placed in different divisions. If this issue is already solved then ignore me.

Pretty sure Reach's Arena did this, then it was fixed later to be pure W/L.

If the system still takes performance into account, it wouldn't be the first time 343 didn't consider old mistakes.