Sign in to follow this  
KadinPanti

ITT: Pitch a new piece of extended Halo media.

Well, as the title says, this thread is for pitching that dream Halo thing that you've always wanted or thought would be cool.
Anything from Books, Comics, and Movies, to TV Shows and Spin-Off Games, that aren't in the main series. To keep stoofs organized, let's use some different tags. I'll give some examples of what I would like to see, while at the same time showing you how to use these made-up tag things.

[TV]​ A Halo anime focusing on Spartan-IVs training in War Games would be cool. Think like a sports anime of some sort. It'd serve as a neat tool to build up hype for competitive Halo to the average viewer (See things like: Yu-Gi-Oh!) and also help establish Halo in the no-man's-land-of-Western-Gaming that is Japan. Overall, if done well, it could be a win-win for all parties involved.

[​MOVIE] A series of movies adapted from the original Halo book trilogy. Fall of Reach, First Strike, and The Flood. This seems kind of obvious and unimaginative, but with Forward Unto Dawn essentially taking place of Contact Harvest when explaining the Human-Covenant war to a broader audience, it seems like the best way to go. Even with the 3 different ways the actual fall of Reach has been told already.
Get either Neil Blomkamp, Joseph Kosinski, Zack Snyder, or J.J. Abrams to direct, with someone else writing the actual script.

[​COMIC] If we could get a comic telling the story of the other marines on Installation 04, that'd be pretty sweet. We already have The Flood novel that goes into that a little bit, but the Johnson story in The Halo Graphic Novel shows a lot of potential for what could be an entire comic series on it's own. If published by Dark Horse, please for the love of god, do not have the artist for Escalation work on it.

[​BOOK] With Halo Wars 2 coming out, a book focusing on the backstory, of Red Team or even more of the Spirit of Fire crew would be pretty rad. I need some more Spartan-II action in my life.

[GAME]​ I would spend an obscene amount of money on a spin-off game focusing on the Thel 'Vadamee's (The Arbiter) time during the battle of Installation 04. Playing as the arbiter again in Halo 2 Anniversary really got me interested in playing as an Elite in campaign again. If 343i wanted to, they could even re-use the squad mechanics from Halo 5: Guardians.

And, uh, yeah.
So to re-iterate, good formatting:

[THING] I want a thing that is a good time.

--
Aaand bad formatting:

I want a thing that is a good time that is also a thing.

--

I also have a billion more ideas, like X-COM: Halo, and some evolution of Spartan Ops to compete with Destiny, but I'll let you folks post your stuff, as I'm more interested in other people's perspective on things. So, uh. yeah. Have fun.

I wish Halo would just stick to games and books.

I wouldn't mind different kinds of games though. A no man's sky/star citizen style rpg set in the halo universe would be cool.

An strategy rougelike excom type Halo game would be amazing as well.

[GAME] I'd love to play a horror/survival game based on the Flood. Everyone always talks about how scary they thought 343GS and The Library were the first time they played H:CE, and I think a game focused on horror would be amazing. I'd probably prefer a horror FPS, just my personal preference, but I think something like H1Z1/Day Z could also be good. Either way, the Flood have the potential to be absolutely terrifying, and some of that is lost in the games so far, since you're a Spartan and can just run around mowing them down.

• Upvote (+1) 1

[GAME] I'd love to play a horror/survival game based on the Flood. Everyone always talks about how scary they thought 343GS and The Library were the first time they played H:CE, and I think a game focused on horror would be amazing. I'd probably prefer a horror FPS, just my personal preference, but I think something like H1Z1/Day Z could also be good. Either way, the Flood have the potential to be absolutely terrifying, and some of that is lost in the games so far, since you're a Spartan and can just run around mowing them down.

Left 4 Dead-esque type game with Flood would be cool.

[bOOK]

I'd honestly love another book that finally reveals the whereabouts of Gray Team. I mean, if the Black Team suffered such an unfortunate fate, why not go the whole nine yards and get the 411 on Gray's status quo?

[GAME] Halo Online: multiplayer only version of Halo CE incorporating a server browser with weapon skins and tournament support, featuring both classic maps and Halo Final Maps like Imminent or Decidia. Feature a Forge map editor along with picks of the month, allowing new maps that are good to be put in the rotation to increase longevity, or at the end of every season (seasonal ranking pls) Make it like a Quake Live and have it be free to play with cosmetics being either microtransactions or hard to get.

• Upvote (+1) 3

[bOOK]

I'd honestly love another book that finally reveals the whereabouts of Gray Team. I mean, if the Black Team suffered such an unfortunate fate, why not go the whole nine yards and get the 411 on Gray's status quo?

Gray Team should never be touched again, keep everything past The Cole Protocol a complete mystery.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

[GAME] Halo Online: multiplayer only version of Halo CE incorporating a server browser with weapon skins and tournament support, featuring both classic maps and Halo Final Maps like Imminent or Decidia. Feature a Forge map editor along with picks of the month, allowing new maps that are good to be put in the rotation to increase longevity, or at the end of every season (seasonal ranking pls) Make it like a Quake Live and have it be free to play with cosmetics being either microtransactions or hard to get.

This would be amazing. Unlikely to happen, as it might disrupt sales of mainline games if they go all out on it, but yeah. This would be great.

Gray Team should never be touched again, keep everything past The Cole Protocol a complete mystery.

I have my doubts they won't touch Gray Team, given Black Team fell under the same mystique status quo up until Escalation... Also, they 'updated' the Mark IV variant they used as seen in Halo 2 Anniversary terminals.

I like your voice. And Doom guitar covers. 

Make more of those. 

One project that I've got on the backburner is to do an entire Doom cover album with all the underappreciated tracks. 

One project that I've got on the backburner is to do an entire Doom cover album with all the underappreciated tracks. 

Speaking of which 

Get on it. 

On the OP's subject however.

Would prefer a game that predates Reach as Chief. Just so 343 can't cram it with all their new toys. 

On a side note-Its always bothered me that on the back of the CE box it says, " The last of your kind" which is not the case given the extended lore.