Sign in to follow this  
HotTubs

HCS AR/Pistol starts confirmed?

343 are pretty adamant about keeping default and HCS settings the same. It doesn't surprise me one bit, especially with the radar change.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's been confirmed for a while that HCS's first season will have AR/Magnum starts. After that, who knows what will change.

Do you know what "confirmation" means? I'd like a link to where an employee of 343 explicitly states that HCS h5 S1 will be AR/pistol starts.

Just because you personally think that's what it will be is not confirmation.

Do you know what "confirmation" means? I'd like a link to where an employee of 343 explicitly states that HCS h5 S1 will be AR/pistol starts.

Just because you personally think that's what it will be is not confirmation.

There's a reason all the gameplay we've seen is AR/Pistol starts.

There hasn't been any confirmation but you're blind if you think it'll be anything other than that.

All of Arena is going to be AR/Pistol starts (except Breakout), thats why AR/Pistol have the most skins out of the bunch.

HCS will simply follow suit, and we'll see how it plays out.

343 are pretty adamant about keeping default and HCS settings the same. It doesn't surprise me one bit, especially with the radar change.

I believe if you are just strafing in halo 5 you don't pop up on radar, right?

"Get out AR'd kid"

get out starred :kappa:

I believe if you are just strafing in halo 5 you don't pop up on radar, right?

get out starred :kappa:

You only show up of you shoot, sprint, thrust, or hover.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You're not to tell me we actually have radars in HCS settings, are you?

You're not to tell me we actually have radars in HCS settings, are you?

We can't know until we get an official word, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit. The new radar seems fine.

Can we call this "outsauced"?

I feel like that's applicable on more than one level.

Presuming 95% of the kids who play H5 will even know what that means.

• Upvote (+1) 1

good. will mean that camo will be viable In vanilla settings.

We can't know until we get an official word, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit. The new radar seems fine.

what is the range?

Presuming 95% of the kids who play H5 will even know what that means.

most kids probably won't know what "combat evolved" is either.

Every single gameplay shown has been AR/Pistol start. Maybe because the venues where they are showcased are leaned towards casual players, and they are more interested in just showcasing the game?

I would definitely like to see a statement or comment from 343 saying AR/Pistol or BR will be the primary loadout for HCS/Ranked/Social etc.

I also wanna know which playlist are ranked at launch.

• Upvote (+1) 2

There is absolutely 0 justification that AR/Magnum starts are final and will be the primary and secondary weapons for Halo 5: Guardians HCS.

Don't get ahead of yourselves and simply wait. I remember when Halo 4 was being played initially you barely saw the BR as it was mostly AR/DMR.

Relax fam!

• Upvote (+1) 1

There is absolutely 0 justification that AR/Magnum starts are final and will be the primary and secondary weapons for Halo 5: Guardians HCS.

Aside from the fact that they're good guns this time around? Nah.

Aside from the fact that they're good guns this time around? Nah.

Every weapon has been tweaked for improvement..... The AR was bound to improve, given it's track record.

Rifles/Pistols have always been the primary weapon for competitive Halo because of the skill it takes to wield one successfully and make that final headshot kill.

I don't speak for everyone, but I don't feel satisfied if I kill an opponent with the AR.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Here is the video in which Halo 5 was played at the Gamescom event. Josh Holmes said that they(343) like the Assault Rifle/Pistol start and explains why. Starts at 41:48

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiKepPr1Qsc

I believe his reasoning was that by giving players a weapon that is subpar, they would be more inclined to pickup weapons (thus move around the map more) right? I mean you can understand what he's getting at, but at the same time you want the best weapon for competitive play and so the very idea of making multiple utility weapons is questionable to begin with, I mean I suspect they just brought the DMR/BR/LR/carbine/pistol back because 1. its easy and 2. so they could make a plethora of weapon skins and such to sell to people.

I don't mind AR/Pistol starts, they seem to give you a chance to outskill an opponent while makibg weapon pick ups weapons on the map more relevant. As long as map design supports it and its not BS, I'm down.

...... Yo everything iIhear about this game just makes me laugh now. Straight up took cods radar

...... Yo everything iIhear about this game just makes me laugh now. Straight up took cods radar

Yet you think the worst OG Halo is the best Halo.

Yet you think the worst OG Halo is the best Halo.

Wrong. I said it was my favourite. Big difference. 

This 180 you've done on H3 since you started playing CE is comical

• Upvote (+1) 3