Sign in to follow this  
Zanno

Increase pagination in threads and topic count on forum

This place is going to explode when H5 comes out, the low pagination makes the place difficult to read as it is, and most threads slide into the death sentence of page 2 near immediately

You should probably think about bumping these things up sooner rather than later or the place is going to hit /b/ levels of unreadable overnight

What about threads

It's difficult to keep a smaller topic going around here and I don't like that

Actually you can

Maybe you're not sure what I'm talking about so here's an image which i cropped totally wrong and missed the stickies

iwjTorx.png

It's been well understood since the unix epoch that once a thread hits page 2 it's probably not coming back, ever.

15 is just really low. Even with the moderate amount of traffic. I would recommend at least 25 but even going all the way to 100 is not unheard of anymore.

Unlike inside a thread, the topic database table is really small, so increasing this does very little in terms of system resources.

Again, we do 15 to accommodate the mobile users too, 40%-50% on the site at anytime are on mobile. We have tweaked it in recent years and feel this is a right balance for both parties on the web or their phones.

as a frequent mobile user of this forum i really appreciate how its handled right now, 25 posts a page is the sweet spot as well as the current topic count per sub-forum

as for those who want higher counts, doesnt this forum offer a profile setting to change the layout to eg 50 or more posts per page?

• Upvote (+1) 2

as a frequent mobile user of this forum i really appreciate how its handled right now, 25 posts a page is the sweet spot as well as the current topic count per sub-forum

as for those who want higher counts, doesnt this forum offer a profile setting to change the layout to eg 50 or more posts per page?

Forum software doesn't support that option, sadly.

Forum software doesn't support that option, sadly.

With that, they got rid of it years back. I have no idea why.