Luis

Politics + Gaming

Politics + Gaming  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Are you into politics?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

I follow to an extent.  I am not familiar with everything going on but I would not say I am uninformed.

Rand Paul 2016.

Yes! Thats wat I was hoping someone would say this!

I worked for Ron Paul presidential campaign! 

Rand Paul 2016!

Rand Paul 2016!

Rand Paul is a joke.  Go watch his speech at Howard University, he is a complete utter joke.  He commented about the Radical Republicans back in the 1850s, and how the Radical Republicans were progressive and how the Republican Party now is like that.  One thing he forgot to mention was that back then the Radical Republicans were the progressives while the Democrats were the racists.  Radical Republicans were winning the Northern and Midwest votes, and the Democrats controlled the South.

So in essence, if you want a progressive Republican Party... They have to stop kissing ass to there Southern voters which mainly (not entirely) consists of racists and bigots.

Until I see Rand Paul come forward with progressive social views and put his foot down on those ideas even if he loses the Southern Religious votes (which he will) I will not trust him more than I trust Obama's lies.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Rand Paul is a joke.  Go watch his speech at Howard University, he is a complete utter joke.  He commented about the Radical Republicans back in the 1850s, and how the Radical Republicans were progressive and how the Republican Party now is like that.  One thing he forgot to mention was that back then the Radical Republicans were the progressives while the Democrats were the racists.  Radical Republicans were winning the Northern and Midwest votes, and the Democrats controlled the South.

So in essence, if you want a progressive Republican Party... They have to stop kissing ass to there Southern voters which mainly (not entirely) consists of racists and bigots.

Until I see Rand Paul come forward with progressive social views and put his foot down on those ideas even if he loses the Southern Religious votes (which he will) I will not trust him more than I trust Obama's lies.

What progressive social views are you looking for?

How is your level of trust for Rand Paul equivalent to Obama after the NSA and IRS ordeals?

Rand Paul 2016!

Rand is significantly more articulate and active than Ron, in my opinion. I wasn't a huge fan of Ron, but I pretty much agree with most of what Rand stands for. I think a Paul/Rubio ticket would be extremely solid and charismatic.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have one of the worst mayors in the world....idiots who voted him in.

Just sad that he is so bad that people around the world know who Rob Ford is. If you don't know..look him up.

But yes this is off topic haha

What progressive social views are you looking for?

How is your level of trust for Rand Paul equivalent to Obama after the NSA and IRS ordeals?

Rand is significantly more articulate and active than Ron, in my opinion. I wasn't a huge fan of Ron, but I pretty much agree with most of what Rand stands for. I think a Paul/Rubio ticket would be extremely solid and charismatic.

Rand Paul is against abortion. He has made strides in saying he is pro-life and supporting legislation that life begins at conceptions. He has not taken a stand in Pro-Choice and abortion in situations like incest, rape or where the life of the mother is concerned.

Rand Paul is against same-sex marriage.  He has moved a little forward and saying he is against a national law in banning same-sex marriage, but that is only to leave it up to the states to either ban or accept same-sex marriage.  It is 2013, same-sex marriage should be allowed.  Since RELIGION should be separate from state, we should stop supporting legislation that is only there due to RELIGION.  Plus, banning same-sex marriage is restricting a group of people from having federal/state benefits that marriage couples are currently able to obtain.

Just like America stopped supporting laws that make slavery legal since it is unjust to treat a certain person a certain way because of there skin color, we should stop supporting the ban of same-sex marriage which treats certain people a certain way based on there sexual orientation.

A Rand/Rubio ticket? You have to be kidding me.

Rand is not strong on his social issues or domestic issues, and still doesn't know where to put his foot down.  Rubio is the same!  Rubio does not have the Hispanic vote and I honestly don't know where people get the idea that Hispanics love Rubio (I am Hispanic).

Voting for Rand/Rubio would be like voting to go back in time with social and domestic issues.  It would be a vote for the opposite of progressiveness.  

And before you ask, there currently is no candidate that is worth voting for in 2016 that has come to light.  This includes the idiot Joe Biden, and the corporation bj giver Hillary Clinton.  Joe Biden is as dumb as a rock with his ridiculous comments and horrible handling of the gun control debate, and Hillary Clinton has been in bed with corporations since she was in college.  

2016 vote is going to be like any other vote.  Vote Republican and you will go back in time with social issues.  Vote Democratic and you will get more legislation that supports big business.

Rand Paul is against abortion. He has made strides in saying he is pro-life and supporting legislation that life begins at conceptions. He has not taken a stand in Pro-Choice and abortion in situations like incest, rape or where the life of the mother is concerned.

Abortion isn't a religious issue. Our abortion policy is already more liberal than most European countries such as France.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/1576/Abortion.aspx

The numbers show that the majority of Americans are against abortion in most circumstances. And, unlike gay marriage, this number has been increasing rather than decreasing as of late. There is medical evidence to show that fetuses feel pain at a certain point, and the thought that a fetus isn't human is pretty extreme. I've had the chance to see preserved fetuses, and I don't see how you can classify them as humans without rights.

Pro-choice is an ironic statement, since the democratic party is hilariously authoritarian. Can a business decide to start a plant in a state of it's choice? Not without opposition (see: Boeing). Can a parent choose for their child to go to a nearby school that isn't in the same district? No. Can the American public choose to not be spied upon by their government? No. What about the choice of the future child? You never know, some of the aborted lives could have grown to be world leaders, great inventors, or legendary scientists.

Besides, we need more population to pay for our broken welfare system. No other way to pay for it without more tax payers.

Rand Paul is against same-sex marriage.  He has moved a little forward and saying he is against a national law in banning same-sex marriage, but that is only to leave it up to the states to either ban or accept same-sex marriage.  It is 2013, same-sex marriage should be allowed.  Since RELIGION should be separate from state, we should stop supporting legislation that is only there due to RELIGION.  Plus, banning same-sex marriage is restricting a group of people from having federal/state benefits that marriage couples are currently able to obtain.

He pretty much says this is a state issue. If you're against the separation of church and state, then why should we have government run marriages to begin with? The courts will settle this anyways, so there is no need to worry. It will happen, so calm down.

Rand is not strong on his social issues or domestic issues, and still doesn't know where to put his foot down.  Rubio is the same!  Rubio does not have the Hispanic vote and I honestly don't know where people get the idea that Hispanics love Rubio (I am Hispanic).

I never claimed that Hispanics love Rubio. I have no idea what they love, but I must assume it is financial benefits since the majority of them vote for the party of welfare.

Voting for Rand/Rubio would be like voting to go back in time with social and domestic issues.  It would be a vote for the opposite of progressiveness.  

Progressive policies have crippled much of Europe, why would we want the same?

2016 vote is going to be like any other vote.  Vote Republican and you will go back in time with social issues.  Vote Democratic and you will get more legislation that supports big business.

Big businesses are the future. Corporations are wrongly demonized. They provide massive boosts to the economy, and the only reason why they aren't even more beneficial is because our tax system is so awful that they are forced to keep money off shore rather than invest it here.