Moa

Halo 5: Guardians Campaign Discussion

343 says "this ring is mine"

You quote this to try and prove that 343i is keeping true to themes from the original trilogy but you leave out the line DIRECTLY BEFORE IT.

Spark to Chief" "You are forerunner."

In the OG trilogy it turns out the forefunner were humans - but 343i shit all over that real quick didn't they.

it's funny how you mention this, yet that's exactly whats going on with cortana

What threat or enemy is Cortana responding to? None, she's just against war in general and will establish a tyrannical police state because she thinks she's smarter than everyone else. That is not at all the same theme I mentioned.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You quote this to try and prove that 343i is keeping true to themes from the original trilogy but you leave out the line DIRECTLY BEFORE IT.

Spark to Chief" "You are forerunner."

In the OG trilogy it turns out the forefunner were humans - but 343i shit all over that real quick didn't they.

What threat or enemy is Cortana responding to? None, she's just against war in general and will establish a tyrannical police state because she thinks she's smarter than everyone else. That is not at all the same theme I mentioned.

literally none of this counters the point that 343 guilty spark went rogue, none of it. in fact, if you believe the forerunners were ancient humans prior to 343 getting the franchise, it only reinforces my point that 343 chose his own desires over his intended purpose. and you wanna talk about left out dialogue? explain 343's lines during that miserable excuse for a boss fight in halo 3. go ahead i'll wait

the forerunners(most of them) literally think exactly the way cortana does now, just ask the didact. cortana even uses the same lines about the mantle that the didact did. the bold has been the mindset of the forerunners since the halo 3 terminals regarding them came out.

I'm not explaining shit until you explain why the Forerunner aren't human anymore.

Even the big lore nerds admit that was massively ret-conned when 343i took over.

And that's been the entire crux of my argument - 343i's Halo bears little relation to the OG trilogy in terms of themes and tone.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I could PM you like the central points, but I'm not going to type up that much stuff.

PM me as much as you can and/or are willing to. :3

I'm not explaining shit until you explain why the Forerunner aren't human anymore.

Even the big lore nerds admit that was massively ret-conned when 343i took over.

And that's been the entire crux of my argument - 343i's Halo bears little relation to the OG trilogy in terms of themes and tone.

Nah Bungie are the ones who changed the forerunners being humans. The terminals in Halo 3 confirm that they are a separate species.

I just finished the game. Legendary has a post-credits scene that doesn't show up on other difficulties. 

Holy shit, good stuff 343.

Just watched a stream of the Legendary ending and thought I'd share the info.

It's only about 5 seconds long. There is a Halo ring shown, the lights on the outer ring side are blue. You can hear Cortana humming similar to how 343 Guilty Spark was humming in the OG trilogy. That's it

So, did they ever explain why Cortana is alive again and is now evil?

Yes, she arrived at Genesis. Genesis is a creation planet and it somehow cured her of her rampancy forever.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So, did they ever explain why Cortana is alive again and is now evil?

Yeah. When the Didact's ship was destroyed in Halo 4, it entered slip space and if I remember right, it teleported her to Genesis, the Forerunner planet we see in the story. Cortana accesses the Domain which instantly cures her on rampancy and she decides that she and other AI should attain the Mantle and keep the galaxy in check.

Nah Bungie are the ones who changed the forerunners being humans. The terminals in Halo 3 confirm that they are a separate species.

Nope. I've read the terminals. There's a passing mention of a race that lives near a mountain - that's it. Some people use it now to explain the change 343 made but it's really a bit of a stretch. One throwaway line among hundreds.

Nope. I've read the terminals. There's a passing mention of a race that lives near a mountain - that's it. Some people use it now to explain the change 343 made but it's really a bit of a stretch. One throwaway line among hundreds.

I don't think they straight up say that they are a separate species, I think it's something that given the context of what they said implies they are. But I could very well be wrong.

After Halo 5 I'm pretty much done caring about the story. 

so who dies? :kappa: and is chief a "villain"

At first, Osiris attempts to captures him, but in the end, they are both trying to stop Cortana. So no, Chief isn't a villain.

So is Chief actually gonna actually face consequences for being away without leave or will he be welcomed back into the fold like nothing happened?

So is Chief actually gonna actually face consequences for being away without leave or will he be welcomed back into the fold like nothing happened?

Fred said it best when the first went AWOL - they can't court marshal all of them.

Fred said it best when the first went AWOL - they can't court marshal all of them.

God damn I fucking love blue team. Could have done without the accent on Kelly/Linda (forgot which) though.

translation: you can't counter my point so instead you dodge it with an irrelevant point. i'm just agree to disagree here, no point in going in circles

• Downvote (-1) 3

translation: you can't counter my point so instead you dodge it with an irrelevant point. i'm just agree to disagree here, no point in going in circles

So I have to counter all of your points but you don't have to address any of mine?

Yeah. When the Didact's ship was destroyed in Halo 4, it entered slip space and if I remember right, it teleported her to Genesis, the Forerunner planet we see in the story. Cortana accesses the Domain which instantly cures her on rampancy and she decides that she and other AI should attain the Mantle and keep the galaxy in check.

That makes no fucking sense. 

That makes no fucking sense. 

I'm probably bad at explaining it. The game explains it quite well.