Moa

Halo 5: Guardians Campaign Discussion

It's explained in-game. Exuberant is the monitor of Genesis and Cortana/Warden have stopped her from accessing stuff she'd normally be able to. 

Right, but why hasn't Exuberant defected like the thousands of other AIs? Assuming it's been by itself since the Forerunners left then it would likely be in some sort of rampancy like 343, making it more susceptible to Cortana's offer since she offers a cure for rampancy.

This game just raised more questions than it answered, and not in a fun, entertaining way. After playing the other Halo games I was asking myself questions other than "What the fuck was that, and how can they explain it away so that it doesn't matter and affect future games?" 

Definitely the ad's for this game outright lied to me, I guess that was the point considering the "twist". There were many plotholes and weak links but overall it was a  decent campaign.

Also.  FUCK THE WARDEN, if I had to fight one more time that mother)(*)(*^^& , I would not finish the damn game, annoying and repetitive fights all along.

My only complaint is that its like 343 looked at the complaints about H2's cliffhanger and the split focus not giving enough MC for a lot of people and said "Yeah lets make those mistakes again".

I think I progressively liked Osiris less as the game went on. They just kept saying the most cheesy and annoying things. I'm glad Chief never really says much if this is the kind of crap that would come out lol. The cut scene when they're flying over the city with Arby will probably make me cringe a little bit forever

• Upvote (+1) 3

Right, but why hasn't Exuberant defected like the thousands of other AIs? Assuming it's been by itself since the Forerunners left then it would likely be in some sort of rampancy like 343, making it more susceptible to Cortana's offer since she offers a cure for rampancy.

This game just raised more questions than it answered, and not in a fun, entertaining way. After playing the other Halo games I was asking myself questions other than "What the fuck was that, and how can they explain it away so that it doesn't matter and affect future games?"

Exuberant is smart enough to know that Cortana's offer wasn't what the Forerunners (or more specifically, the Librarian) wanted. It was always destined for the Mantle to fall on humanity, not AI/Created. 

As for her not being rampant, no idea. Guilty Spark could have been a special case. I don't think we've heard anything from the monitors on other Halo's except Guilty Spark and Penitent Tangent.

Whoever scaled the Warden Eternal on Legendary Solo can suck my ass. Motherfucker refuses to show his back to me so I can shoot him.

Whoever scaled the Warden Eternal on Legendary Solo can suck my ass. Motherfucker refuses to show his back to me so I can shoot him.

RIP Mission 14 boss fight. 3 of those fuckers.

You can skip them though, go up one of the lifts on the side of the area and use ground pound while in the air and you can land on the platform that is supposed to lower once you kill all 3 wardens. Saves much time and frustration.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I came into to say one thing, as someone who just finished the campaign today.

I don't know if it's just me, but the Monitor in this game was so adorable.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I thought the campaign was amazing. The multiplayer doesn't do much if anything for me but that was definitely my kind of Halo campaign. My issues with this game are very different to Halo 4. With Halo 4 I didn't like the actual gameplay changes but thought it felt fun in terms of shooting and everything, whereas with Halo 5 I love the gameplay changes (apart from sprint and some other stuff) but for some reason the game feels clunky to play in a way that I can't put up with in multiplayer. Either way, I've played the campaign twice already and I think it's my new favourite. 

Just finished legendary solo. Who the hell thought fighting three wardens was a good idea?

Was it bad for you? The wardens came at me one at a time so it wasn't too bad.

The first time I played it, they came at me together, then the second time I played it they came one at a time. Not sure what that's about.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Was going to post this in the main thread but thought about it and didn't want to spoil anybody.

How did you guys manage to beat Warden Eternal on solo legendary? I've been stuck on it for 4 hours now. I can see him being super easy on Coop but he's always facing me so I can't get behind him.. And when I do something else ends up killing me. Not to mention friendly AI are idiots.

I got so frustrated so I tried to emulate this but I just can't lol

The only trouble I had with solo Legendary was the last Warden of the triple Warden fight.

Those turrets he summoned were giving me a lot of grief and I'd used up both of the Incineration Cannons on the side stations already, so they prevented me from getting to the Cannons stashed at the front of the arena.

Ended up grabbing a Scattershot and using my remaining Incineration Cannon energy to stagger him long enough to crit him (that ball of energy on his back is his weak point) with the Scattershot as much as possible while out of sight of the turrets. Repeat twice for dead Warden.

There's something incredibly satisfying about using a shotgun to kill a giant enemy like that.

Otherwise I thought it was a really solid campaign which told its story well. Difficulty balance was fine except for that one fight which felt like it was really designed for co-op. Friendly AI is next to useless (pro tip: give Linda another sniper weapon so she has no choice but to snipe), but I expected that.

I liked the addition of Intel (found 100 on my first playthrough) and like that skull have to be found again (just found 1 so far) but I kind of miss having proper terminals.

Was it bad for you? The wardens came at me one at a time so it wasn't too bad.

Late on the 27th they all seemed to attack at once, so i said fuck it and went to bed. This morning they seemed to divide a little bit so I just directed the squad to a corner and got the wardens to follow one at a time. Last one was still annoying since you had those stupid lasers following you. They were nowhere near as deadly in H4. Same with knights. 

The AI is still pretty bad in my opinion. One time I literally had Tanaka just watch me die three feet away from her. 

What the fuck

Like legitimately thats all I can say about it.

What the fuck fan fiction did I just play

I finished in 6 hours on heroic. 8-12 hours my ass. Definitely worst Halo campaign BY FAR

• Upvote (+1) 2

What the fuck

Like legitimately thats all I can say about it.

What the fuck fan fiction did I just play

I finished in 6 hours on heroic. 8-12 hours my ass. Definitely worst Halo campaign BY FAR

It's funny because a few months before launch I told my friends my fanfiction for Halo 5 as a joke.

Basically it was Cortana will come back to life and turn human and her and Chief will live happily ever after.

I would have nailed it if Osiris hadn't fucked it up :salt:

Was going to post this in the main thread but thought about it and didn't want to spoil anybody.

How did you guys manage to beat Warden Eternal on solo legendary? I've been stuck on it for 4 hours now. I can see him being super easy on Coop but he's always facing me so I can't get behind him.. And when I do something else ends up killing me. Not to mention friendly AI are idiots.

Finished the campaign Solo Legendary yesterday.

Don't try to get behind him. Give one of your Spartans at least a binary and use one yourself.

Start of the battle mark the left one and shoot it with binary in the head.

rotate counterclockwise around the room to the cover on the right and keep peeking and shooting the marked warden. Should go down pretty quick.

I kep rotating counterclockwise onto the ramp with cover and got a checkpoint.

If one of your Spartans dies order the other ones to revive then mark warden again.

You get a checkpoint after any single warden dies.

Finished solo yesterday and ran a few co-op legendary mission today. There's very little character development for Osiris in the game which illustrates 343 again failing to make other media (books, comics, etc.) not needed to actually enjoy the story, Locke is a cardboard cutout of a character aside from one line "You're not the only one here because of him." which is never expanded upon (never watched Nightfall so I have no clue if there's anything relevant there). Cortana gives us the most characterization towards them and she's basically reading off a bullet-point list of each members character flaws.

The dialogue is laughable, the cliches are abundant and not in the campy, funny way the original trilogy handled them. The biggest joke of all is that walking around the colony and the Arbiters camp count as missions. Not to mention the recycled encounter with the Warden Eternal.

7/10 weakest campaign in the series.

• Upvote (+1) 4

You can skip the warden fight. Go up one of the man cannons on the side of the map, and use ground pound when you reach your peak in the air to reach the ledge that doesn't lower until the wardens die. So basically you ground pound out of a man cannon to a high up ledge and skip the fight.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Finished solo yesterday and ran a few co-op legendary mission today. There's very little character development for Osiris in the game which illustrates 343 again failing to make other media (books, comics, etc.) not needed to actually enjoy the story, Locke is a cardboard cutout of a character aside from one line "You're not the only one here because of him." which is never expanded upon (never watched Nightfall so I have no clue if there's anything relevant there). Cortana gives us the most characterization towards them and she's basically reading off a bullet-point list of each members character flaws.

The dialogue is laughable, the cliches are abundant and not in the campy, funny way the original trilogy handled them. The biggest joke of all is that walking around the colony and the Arbiters camp count as missions. Not to mention the recycled encounter with the Warden Eternal.

7/10 weakest campaign in the series.

Exuberant's dialogue near the end was the tipping point for me to where I just stopped trying to take it seriously. That's honestly the worst voice acting I think I've ever heard.