GoldenboyFTW

I'm looking to host a NYC Halo 4 (maybe COD) event

You are a amazing human

Get AGL for promotion as well as the staff here. UMG needed more promoting and better timing is all.

This is all speculation right now. Not saying it's going to happen BUT I am looking into it. Focusfire (the group who streamed the event this weekend) is interested in doing something but this will have to be a community effort. I have zero funding and no location as of yet. Plus, I know UMG and AGL are going to host event frequently so this might throw a wrench in the planning. 

I usually like to gauge interest from the community whenever I tackle these side projects. A while ago I hosted a Pro/AM where one Pro picked up 3 AM's and we had a 16 team bracket. It was actually pretty fun. 

If you guys like that Idea I can look into doing something similar OR if you want to see a full-fledged tournament we can do that too.

Again, this is all speculation until I say otherwise.

Let me know what you think and THANK YOU for the love and support you've shown me.

:goldenboy: is  :beyond:

You are awesome mate.

To save cost, how about a doubles tourney, its not like Halo has many of them?

• Upvote (+1) 2

You are awesome mate.To save cost, how about a doubles tourney, its not like Halo has many of them?

I agree a FFA also.

You can easily get 64 2v2 teams

I agree a FFA also.

You can easily get 64 2v2 teams

Half the cost for equipment/payout etc etc.

Half the cost for equipment/payout etc etc.

Equipment shouldn't be a problem with Focus Fire involved.

Goldenboy I would love to chat back and forth about what you're vision is, and what I would like to accomplish.

I live 15-20 mins outside NYC in NJ.

I've tried having chats with AGL UMG etc and couldn't get anybody to really respond to me or give me the time of day

• Upvote (+1) 1

Goldenboy I would love to chat back and forth about what you're vision is, and what I would like to accomplish.

I live 15-20 mins outside NYC in NJ.

I've tried having chats with AGL UMG etc and couldn't get anybody to really respond to me or give me the time of day

Oh god

Halo CE

MAKE IT HAPPEN

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would highly recommend you get a hold of Henry Cen, the propriator of Next Level. It's basically a LAN center for fighting games and a hang out for MTG and other card games but he always allows community run events in his venue. If he gives you the green light on the event, it would most assuradly be your cheapest option.

http://www.nycnextlevel.com/

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think if you or UMG can do FFA and 2v2 and leave 4v4 for AGL, that would be a good deal. So people that couldn't make teams have a chance to attend you events.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Run a CE 2v2 tourney, something to enjoy in between h4's 4v4 events. 

If someone were to do this I wouldn't be surprised if Mlg were to help fund it because Sundance and Adam have talked about hosting a throwback halo CE 2v2 tourney for awhile. 

I like the Pro/AM idea. It's a good idea because it would still be the favored 4v4 format but bring a fresh element to live-streamed Halo events.

Golden my man, If this is a CE 2v2 tourney everyone will go absolutely nuts. You have to seriously look into this. <3

I live 30 mins outside of NYC and would love to see any kind of Halo event in July or August. As in Halo 4 FFA, 2v2, 4v4, or an old Halo game. I really don't care. New York never gets any damn love in Halo anymore!

Would you guys be opposed to an FFA and 2v2 ONLY event. FFA being the highlight in preparation for the $500K FFA?

Also, I have been reading all of the feedback and I'm taking EVERYTHING into consideration.

Thanks for the comments guys!

• Upvote (+1) 4

Would you guys be opposed to an FFA and 2v2 ONLY event. FFA being the highlight in preparation for the $500K FFA?

Also, I have been reading all of the feedback and I'm taking EVERYTHING into consideration.

Thanks for the comments guys!

The 2v2 sounds great. I think you will have more participants that way, and FFA would be a great starter, are you gonna use it to seed the 2v2 teams?