Sign in to follow this  
Quinny___

The Simpsons Hit and Run

Today, 12 years ago The Simpsons Hit and Run came out. 

I think we can all agree on how bad ass of a game it was, especially for the more younger users who grew up with it or some of us who are children at heart and played it anyway!

Here's the first mission of HnR 

I think we are long over due a new game to. Now gaming is as common as watching television, there is a huge market for it as children have consoles in most houses. 

Would you play it?

• Upvote (+1) 9

I AM SO SMART

I AM SO SMART

S-M-R-T

I MEAN... S-M-A-R-T.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Loved that game. Especially Bart's level. The music was awesome!

Eat asphalt, asphalt eaters!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I loved this game so much. I enjoyed every single word that came out of Homer's mouth. I might have to revisited this game sometime this month, it has been almost a decade since my older brother brought it for me as a Christmas gift.

I loved this game. I never finished it though. I think I got near the end where it had something to do with aliens and you had a time limit.

I loved this game. I never finished it though. I think I got near the end where it had something to do with aliens and you had a time limit.

Yeah and you had to drive Grandpa's truck or something. You had to have a perfect run with the shortcuts and all to complete it. The game was fun though. It was pretty much GTA: The Simpsons.

Also I have to say, the driving in this game felt the smoothest out of any game I've played, even to this day.

Also I have to say, the driving in this game felt the smoothest out of any game I've played, even to this day.

Yeah. I remember having a blast driving around as homer. The way he grabbed the back seat as he reserved, seemed so legit.

Played this game recently with a half-broken ps2 controller, was still amazing fun, it's a shame they didn't come out with any new hit & run games after then

I still own this game actually(game cube version got scratched up, but I think I have a ps2 copy)

I'd be down for a next gen open world Simpsons game

I still own this game actually(game cube version got scratched up, but I think I have a ps2 copy)

I'd be down for a next gen open world Simpsons game

Question is who should develop it? I think we are overdue for a truly compelling Simpsons game this generation.

Question is who should develop it? I think we are overdue for a truly compelling Simpsons game this generation.

I'd say EA because they'd have the money.

I just really dislike their business model. Cutting game play and DLC for days

the problem is. Hit and run was kind of an arcade game and the industry today fails at trying to remake an arcade game by selling it as a AAA game. Look at Tony Hawk 5.

What would this game need for it to be a success as a remake? With games getting so big i don't think a Simpson's open world game could be detailed like GTA V, but could totally capture the mindless fun of driving around, hitting people and destroying things.

I would love a new game, or HD remake. I LOVED Hit and Run. I put countless hours into that game.