Sign in to follow this  
UNKNOWN iXi

Would you like to move CE to the first voting option in Doubles and..

Would you like to move CE to the first voting option in Doubles and add a 3v3/4v4 CE playlist?

7bfc85f6d1ab0f7e5d087ad294c2c62a.png

Interested in hearing your thoughts.  Do you agree, disagree?  Think the CE playlist as 2v2 and it being the last voting option in TS is enough for CE?  Does the larger player pool in Doubles not interest you, do you think it won't make any difference?  etc.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

CE does not deserve to be in Team Doubles. It has it's own playlist. However, a 4v4 CE social playlist would be pretty fun, but I feel that there is not enough population to justify it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think the best solution would just be to make a tie go to a random game type. The whole first slot thing just let's people play whatever is there 100% of the time.

• Upvote (+1) 3

CE is the only Halo that works well in 2v2, i do not understand why it isnt the first to vote from the left to begin with

i mean its like lightyears better in 2v2 than H2, H3 or any other Halo because of its maps and such actually designed around a 2v2 environment

in other Halos you feel very lonely in doubles as you play maps designed for 6-8 people

that way doubles would actually get interesting

as for a potential 3v3/4v4 CE playlist, id increase it to 5v5 with bigteam maps and TS100 or objective gametypes such as CTF3

there already are plenty of playlists you can play the small CE maps in, also some of the small CE maps dont play well in 3v3 or 4v4 anyhow

the large CE maps barely can be played since they rarely show up in the BTB playlist, but they are really fun to play

it could become a CE entry for lots of gamers as the hardcore will stick with the 2v2 playlist giving the newcomers enough space to develop game knowledge in such a 5v5 playlist

• Upvote (+1) 1

No, because every time I vote for CE the H3 kids are just going to dodge and I'll never play a game ever again. Please leave the CE playlist alone.  

• Upvote (+1) 7

CE 2v2 as its own playlist is a good thing. If it was the 1st option in team dubs, every if you got deranked, people would still quit out. Fucking naded quits out if h2 is chosen and hes 1 of the best. It being in its own playlist is for the best.

Now CE in TS is fine how it is except the kill limit should be raised to 100 and the choice order should be randomized.

The only problem is we're missing all the 4v4 obj gametypes. I think the best solution would just to be to add obj to the TS playlist for all halos and ofc make them all random order

a 4v4 ce playlist would not have a good population. 

I'd rather it be its own playlist.  Not having friends would make it pretty difficult to play CE if it required votes.

Unfortunately it would probably just lead to people backing out when it's picked and then CE 2v2 fans would end up getting even fewer good games than they already do.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think people who want to play H1 want to play against other people who want to play H1 and know how to play. Demolishing a pair of H3 enthusiasts who are trying to Gandhihop and Strongside their way out of duels is only entertaining for so long.

This is a very bad idea because at least half of the competitive players in the halo ce playlist only play halo ce. The later games are so different having them in the same playlist just doesnt make sense and would really piss off the of the majority of the current doubles players. It would limit them in moving up ranks because to compete in h1's list you have to have a lot of halo ce specific game knowledge like knowing spawns, timing weapons, and grenading weapons to yourself. These things took a long time to learn and I seriously doubt many people in the doubles playlist would want to take the time to learn all of it.

This is a very bad idea because at least half of the competitive players in the halo ce playlist only play halo ce. The later games are so different having them in the same playlist just doesnt make sense and would really piss off the of the majority of the current doubles players. It would limit them in moving up ranks because to compete in h1's list you have to have a lot of halo ce specific game knowledge like knowing spawns, timing weapons, and grenading weapons to yourself. These things took a long time to learn and I seriously doubt many people in the doubles playlist would want to take the time to learn all of it.

but isnt that what the double list is all about?

being good in all Halo games and not just H2 or H3?

Sounds good on paper but in reality it will lead to more dodging, more quitting, and more frustration for both ce players and h2/h3 players. Just look at the frustration ce being in big team battle causes with all the betrayals and quitting. Also putting halo ce as the left selection makes it where h1 players can get 50s while playing no other games which rules out your questions/points. I have no desire to play anything but H1, it being on XBL for the first time is the sole reason I bought an Xbone.

• Upvote (+1) 2

CE does not deserve to be in Team Doubles. It has it's own playlist. However, a 4v4 CE social playlist would be pretty fun, but I feel that there is not enough population to justify it.

Pretty much this. I would enjoy being able to play CE with more than 1 friend at a time, not to mention objective here and there. However I can understand why there is no CE 3v3/4v4 playlist. Its just one of those things.

No, because every time I vote for CE the H3 kids are just going to dodge and I'll never play a game ever again. Please leave the CE playlist alone.  

Exactly this.  Until dodging is fixed, this isn't an option.

• Upvote (+1) 1