Sign in to follow this  
Doju

Round/life based gametype

So everything I am gathering so far a "true" SnD gametype in Halo would use 1 life / 1 bomb Assault as its base gametype. But there would be 2 capture plates for the defending team. And the bomb carrier would still be able to fire his weapon.

So everything I am gathering so far a "true" SnD gametype in Halo would use 1 life / 1 bomb Assault as its base gametype. But there would be 2 capture plates for the defending team. And the bomb carrier would still be able to fire his weapon.

That works, but I also like the idea of both teams being able to plant the bomb

Il be on later for dubs, might FS the gametype so one of you guys can test 4 v 4

Right, test gametypes now on my FS – D0ju

Gametype – Unity snd (or something like that) for 4 v 4 (name TBD)

8 rounds, 1 life (If you are playing 2s, please try 1 and 2 life)

2 team specific sites, and a 3rd neutral site

3 sec arm, 7 sec convert, 35 second ext

2 min rounds

2 exts or elimination to win a round (and gain 2 points, you keep 1 point for any ext)

Maps

Snd Rubble (beaver creek inspired)

1 clip stick det spawns at start on top arch, never respawns

Sniper spawns at 1min left where OS used to be/underneath sniper tunnel

The park

Zero clip rail spawns bottom mid

Sniper spawns at green 1 min in again

Any gameplay, please upload.

Round/life based gametypes. Always get talked about, very rarely given a shot in Halo

Would you like to see them in customs/MM/competitive settings?

For discussion sake, how would you have them for 4s and 2s? Can this work for 1 v 1?

(Using the extraction gametype, unless you Dominion with last stand)

4s

1 life

2 minute rounds, a weak weapon spawning at start, better weapon at 1 minute

1 ext point, 3 sec arm, 7 sec convert. In a spot which has alot of cover

1 ext or elimination to win.

First to 5 points/9 rounds

2s

2 lives

2 ext points, but only 1 team can arm them, creating an attack/defend scenario. 3 sec arm, 10 sec convert (forcing the defending team to protect the arm). 2 exts or elimination to win. or....

2 ext points at start, but your team can only arm on of them (at their base). Neutral ext site spawns next. 1 sec arm/3 sec convert

2 sites/elimination to win.

They tried 1 life per round gametypes in halo 3 at launch. Idk if you remember the team tactical playlist. It didn't last very long but it was really fun. Just didn't have the population support though. 

They tried 1 life per round gametypes in halo 3 at launch. Idk if you remember the team tactical playlist. It didn't last very long but it was really fun. Just didn't have the population support though. 

Yeah it wasnt great for a couple of reasons, but still enjoyable.

For extraction, we are missing the odd option to make it perfect, I still enjoyed them though but just dont have the time to have constant 4 v 4 testing.

Round/1 life gametypes NEED to be in comp Halo.

Instant scoring in ricochet kills its 1 life potential.

Round based/attack defense however...

This is probably the best way to implement POD.

Everyone spawns with pistols, getting a certain number of kills allows you to upgrade your primary weapon/gives you an AA.

This is probably the best way to implement POD.

Everyone spawns with pistols, getting a certain number of kills allows you to upgrade your primary weapon/gives you an AA.

Unless it's a ZB Magnum, then no. Lottery cannons <<<<<<

Unless it's a ZB Magnum, then no. Lottery cannons <<<<<<

Not too many options for us otherwise.

Unless of course we utilize some of these awesome mods.

Not too many options for us otherwise.

Unless of course we utilize some of these awesome mods.

That's always a possibility, and we thought about it. But Ordinance resets between rounds.

That's always a possibility, and we thought about it. But Ordinance resets between rounds.

Well tha really sucks. Perhaps we could mod it in?

Well tha really sucks. Perhaps we could mod it in?

Doubtful.I don't think anything in the scripting points towards between-round traits.

Instant scoring in ricochet kills its 1 life potential.

Round based/attack defense however...

you could edit ricochet so throw ins don't get you any points and make the goal zone tiny so you have to almost plant it like assault. i think this is prob the best option. you could do rounds of this and it would be similar to that csgo gametype maven played so much. 

ricochet has potential, but i don't think with the large score zones and throw ins. (sidenote: a ricochet gametype would prob work great in the grifball playlist)

you could edit ricochet so throw ins don't get you any points and make the goal zone tiny so you have to almost plant it like assault. i think this is prob the best option. you could do rounds of this and it would be similar to that csgo gametype maven played so much. 

ricochet has potential, but i don't think with the large score zones and throw ins. (sidenote: a ricochet gametype would prob work great in the grifball playlist)

But the scoring is still instant. In something SND, there is a timer. Teams/defenders cant defuse anything

But the scoring is still instant. In something SND, there is a timer. Teams/defenders cant defuse anything

several several months back i tried to recreate assault using grifball. bc grifball actually has an an arm time option. but it didn't play well in customs bc the bomb would still instantly arm and even when turned off the carrier still had a waypoint over their head. idk if 343 ever fixed those problems. i also would need a 4sk grifball variant to recreate it now. but idk if that would even play better than a ricochet equivalent. i haven't compared ball throwing physics to see the differences if any between grifball and ricochet. 

several several months back i tried to recreate assault using grifball. bc grifball actually has an an arm time option. but it didn't play well in customs bc the bomb would still instantly arm and even when turned off the carrier still had a waypoint over their head. idk if 343 ever fixed those problems. i also would need a 4sk grifball variant to recreate it now. but idk if that would even play better than a ricochet equivalent. i haven't compared ball throwing physics to see the differences if any between grifball and ricochet. 

We tried Griffball and Dominion, neither are good enough.

Extraction kinda works, but still has the odd flaw.

We tried Griffball and Dominion, neither are good enough.

Extraction kinda works, but still has the odd flaw.

hmm, i hadn't thought about trying to use dominion. i miss assault. i'm already disliking the large score zone in ricochet and throwing the ball into the goal. i'll prob mess around later today with some ricochet settings. 

i really hope if not myself, someone can come up with a really enjoyable variant of some gametype that resembles assault.

i really hope if not myself, someone can come up with a really enjoyable variant of some gametype that resembles assault.

Sitri, Hahka and very little work from me should come up with something

Sitri, Hahka and very little work from me should come up with something

I think i got it set up. I put the assault gametype in my FS http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/ravengeance/halo4/fileshare#!/?section=GameSettings&SearchDate=7&SortBy=2&view-select=Tile&startIndex=0&details=6686305f-44d7-47b9-b27c-84a3d5f45d73

The ball carrier has no waypoint for the enemy to see so it brings back the ability to make a sneaky play but just running with the ball vs throwing it and covering more ground. So i mean it seems the best i can do with throwing the ball in the game. you can throw the ball towards the score zone but you can also clear it out of there. I still think a 4sk grifball variant could be better if grifball settings got fixed for customes (i.e. bomb arm time, waypoint over carrier. last i checked they didn't work but i haven't checked recently). I set the gametype to not score if a ball is thrown into the score zone. And i customized the maps to have tiny score zones. You might have to edit the maps so that the score zones have the label endzone but not the label hoop (they have both in the playlist on the pit right now). Idk if the gametype will cover that or if the map has to be edited. But i've edited several maps including mlg the pit, a sanctuary remake, skyline, and a sideways solace i think plays pretty well. 

I've tested the scoring and spawns and it all works fine but i have to play it with teams in customs to see if it plays well yet.

I'm also thinking about an FFA variant, maybe with moving score zones. Could be fun. Not competitive, just fun, like something that would play well in multiteam.

Round/life based gametypes. Always get talked about, very rarely given a shot in Halo

Would you like to see them in customs/MM/competitive settings?

For discussion sake, how would you have them for 4s and 2s? Can this work for 1 v 1?

(Using the extraction gametype, unless you Dominion with last stand)

4s

1 life

1 ext point, 3 sec arm, 7 sec convert. In a spot which has alot of cover

1 ext or elimination to win.

First to 5 points/9 rounds

2s

2 lives

2 ext points, but only 1 team can arm them, creating an attack/defend scenario. 3 sec arm, 10 sec convert (forcing the defending team to protect the arm). 2 exts or elimination to win. or....

2 ext points at start, but your team can only arm on of them (at their base). Neutral ext site spawns next. 1 sec arm/3 sec convert

2 sites/elimination to win.

It sounds a bit like SnD. But I like it!