Sign in to follow this  
Cooper

Your Top 10 Games of All-Time

Top 5 in order

Majora's Mask(Tied with Ocarina of Time, but if I had to pick MM> OoT)

Halo:CE

Vice City (though Vice City Stories is the better version)

Resident Evil(HD REmake> RE3 > RE2 > RE4)

Never really played RE1(PS1)

When RE2 and RE3 get the HD remake the order may change

Smackdown: Here Comes the Pain(GOAT wrestling game)

[Top 6-10 it's in order, but the order could be moved around in a few different ways]

Street Fighter series (SF4= the game I play most atm)

Dark Souls 2 (and 1)

Pokémon gen 1-3 (Ruby> Crystal> Yellow)

Never really played Red or Blue

Mario series

The Last of Us (used to be tied with my number 1 game, but I unno. Atm I feel more comfortable having it at the body while still giving it GOAT status lol)

Honorable mentions in no order

Halo 3 - Spent the most time playing this game online than any other game

Time Splitters: Future Perfect

If they remade this game and the shooting mechanics were updated this game would be in my top 5. CE and Timesplitters 3 are my favourite MP shooters

Custom Robo (favourite Gamecube game)

Hotline Miami

Doom series

Battlefront 1 and 2

Final Fantasy 10(this is the game thst got me into the turn based style. Even though I played Pokémon first, but still lol it was FF 10 that did it for me)

Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2

Journey (this game gave me the most unique experience I've ever had in a game and it will probably never be experienced again in any other game)

Fez(amazing sound track, amazing visuals)

Mario Kart 64

Star wars Gallatic Battlegrounds

Donkey Kong

Lego Star wars

Left 4 Dead demo - played that demo so much it left my sorta burnt out by the time the game came out lol

1. CS 1.5/1.6/CSGO

2. Metal Gear Solid

Halo 1-3

Tekken 3

Pokemon Red

Streets of Rage 1/2

Total Annihilation

UT2004

Goldeneye

Time Crisis

1. Quake III: Arena

1999: The first competitive FPS and the one true arena shooter. No bullshit, just skill.

3) Quake 3 Arena (Arcade)

1. Quake III/Q3 CPMA 

Good to see a few people having Q3A up there besides me. It really is one hell of a game!

Sadly I wasn't really around when Quake had its glory days...

• Upvote (+1) 2

In no particular order:

Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy X

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Kingdom Hearts 2

Halo: Combat Evolved

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Assassin's Creed II

Tales of Vesperia

Spyro the Dragon 2: Gateway to Glimmer (honourable mention for the sheer amount of time my brothers and I spent with this game as kids)

The Last of Us

Star Wars Battlefront 2

Well, there's eleven but I don't really have it in me to cut any of them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just a few games that have influenced me and changed the way I think about games, going back into the past:

1. Nova

2. Halo

3. Quake

4. Smash

5. Duke Nukem

6. Commander Keen

7. Pong

10 Games.  All my favorite games, in no particular order.

Top Shooters.

1. Halo 3.

2. Gears of war 2 

3. Dead Space 3

Top Role playing games.

4. Dragon Age Origins

5. The Witcher 3.

6. Dark souls 1

7. Dark souls 2

8. Fable 2.

Fighting games. 

9. Super Smash Bros

Racing games. 

10. Mario Kart 

Going to break it down a little bit

Shooters:

1.) Halo CE/2

2.) CS 1.6

3.) Quake 3

4.) UT '99

5.) Star Wars Battlefront 2

6.) Goldeneye

7.)Shadowrun 

8.) Ghost Recon

9.) Perfect Dark

10.) Timesplitters 2

Fighters:

1.) Melee

2.) Street Fighter Third Strike

3.) Street Fighter 2 Championship Edition

4.) Smash 4

5.) Mahvel 2

6.) Guilty Gear Accent Core Plus

7.) BlazBlue

8.) Powerstone

9.) Tekken 2

10.) Persona 4 Arena

The rest: 

1.) Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past

2.) Mass Effect series

3.) Dark Souls 1.2

4.) Fire Emblem series (specifically Awakening, Sacred Stones, FE7, Fire Emblem If)

5.) KOTOR 1 & 2

6.) Metal Gear Solid

7.) Persona 3/4

8.) Pokemon Red/Blue

9.) Bioshock

10.) THPS2

In no order

1. World of Warcraft

2. Pokemon Red/Blue

3. Ocarina of Time

4. Warcraft 3

5. Super Mario 64

6. Quake 3

7. UT 99

8. Dark Souls

9. Mario Cart 64

10. Link's Awakening

hmm there's such a big difference between games with multiplayer vs without in terms of replay value so i'll be indecisive and make 2 lists

games with multiplayer

1. halo trilogy + wars - too much play time

2. smash melee and 64

3. age of empires 2 / to a lesser degree age of mythology

4. 3rd strike

5. quake 3

6. gears trilogy

7. tekken 3/4

8. UT 99

9. doom 2

10. blazblue cs / cp

games without competitive multiplayer (or games that did have it but i just played it single player) not a top 10, or even 15 but fuck it.

1. dynasty warriors 4 + xtreme legends and empires

2. jade empire / kotor - both released close to each other enjoyed them both for the same reasons 2nd equal

3. super mario sunshine / luigis mansion - the way i played them one couldn't be completed without the other

4. battlefront 1 and 2

5. borderlands 1 and 2

6. spyro trilogy

7. mass effect 1 and 2

8. ODST

9. left 4 dead 1 and 2

10. ape escape 2 / jak and daxter 1 / ratchet and clank 1 & 2  - can't decide, imo best ps2 platformers

11. zelda ocarina and majora

12. bioshock

13. red dead

14. arkham knight and city

15. medieval total war 2

16. overlord 1 and 2

Time Splitters: Future Perfect

Custom Robo (favourite Gamecube game)

Both are so underrated. And even though I never played Smackdown: Here Comes the Pain, Smackdown 2: Know Your Role was definitely the best wrestling game  :walshy:

In no particular order:

Final Fantasy VII

Final Fantasy X

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Kingdom Hearts 2

Halo: Combat Evolved

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Assassin's Creed II

Tales of Vesperia

Spyro the Dragon 2: Gateway to Glimmer (honourable mention for the sheer amount of time my brothers and I spent with this game as kids)

The Last of Us

Star Wars Battlefront 2

Well, there's eleven but I don't really have it in me to cut any of them.

you ever play Tales of the Abyss? I thought it was around as good as ToV. Also it felt a little more complete because of sword dancers and not omitted characters.

Yeah I'm still salty I could never play ToV as Flynn and no sword dancer side quests :(

you ever play Tales of the Abyss? I thought it was around as good as ToV. Also it felt a little more complete because of sword dancers and not omitted characters.

Yeah I'm still salty I could never play ToV as Flynn and no sword dancer side quests :(

Yeah, I played Tales of the Abyss. The 3DS remake, IIRC. It was fun, but didn't quite pull me in the way Vesperia did.

Plus, the secret boss of Abyss really felt like it was designed for multiplayer (on the console version of Tales games you can plug extra controllers and and they can be used to control other characters during battles). Trying to get to NPC allies to behave properly was so frustrating I gave up on it.

In no particular order

Battletoads

Smash Bros

War (arcade game)

UT 2k4

Skyrim

CS (only played 1.3 - 1.6 I haven't played much GO)

Halo

Halo 2

Elite Dangerous

Winning 11

My Top 10.  Most of them are old games. don't have much money to buy new games, and i only pirate games I've played before on general principles.

10: Monster Hunter (First one or GTFO)

Basically the 1st game i put much time into, I love the game, but it makes 10 since the gameplay was a bit too easy.

9: League of Legends

The competitiveness is what really gets me, i don't think i would be playing it otherwise.

8: Star Wars Battlefront

My 1st Shooter game of any notice, Dumped countless hours into this as a kid.

7: Halo Combat Evolved

Epic storyline and a Multiplayer that has withstood the ages. Would have made it higher if it was my 1st halo game i suspect.

6: Final Fantasy XI (75 cap or GTFO)

IMO back when it was 75 it was basically the best done MMO, but that might be me looking though nostalgia glasses. *Don't know if it's agisnt the rules, So will go on to say i know a good private server, PM me.*

5: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion 

I really like the whole flow of this game, Its a great RPG, i just wish it had a party system, Epic companions make good games Epic.

4: Halo 3

My Debut into competitive gaming, dumped more hours into this then i care to think about, Just wish i could have attended one event, to confirm how bad i was...

3: Mass Effect 1

One of the only Shooters I'd give the title to as a good RPG(Never really got into the Fallout Series.) Deep storyline, Good companions, while still managing to maintain Freedom.

2: Dragon Age Origins

Great storyline that made you feel like you where someone based on your action rather then being born into the power,  Not to mention the fact that its one of the games that doesn't have a generic opening no matter what race/class combo you take.

1: Baldur's Gate (1&2 although im partial to 2)

Really Disappointed that i haven't seen mention of this yet.  In my opinion it's the definition of a RPG, And you can see how it molded several RPGs to come. The Freedom, Depth, and storyline is too good to pass up, not to mention the full fledged companions.  Yes it's not perfect, but I'd say it reaches closest to perfections as any game has to that games Genre.

Looking at this list im prolly partial to a good storyline, But I'd stay by my decisions

Both are so underrated. And even though I never played Smackdown: Here Comes the Pain, Smackdown 2: Know Your Role was definitely the best wrestling game :walshy:

Yeah don't hear too many people talk about those games.

Here Comes the Pain is a better version of that

Halo

Team Fortress 2

Half Life 2 (+Gmod, HL2DM, etc)

Grand Theft Auto 4 (That story...what a ride...)

SSX3

Scrapland

Terraria

Various Mario Games for the Gameboy and DS

Edit: and now Undertale.

I've played a ton of games, and there are far too many honorable mentions for me to list (including a lot of what people have already listed), but those games stand way above the others in terms of how much I've played them or how much I enjoyed them.

No one mentioned Psychonauts, Spiderman 2 or Destroy All Humans?  Man, original xbox had such a strong lineup of unique games.

Halo

Team Fortress 2

Half Life 2 (+Gmod, HL2DM, etc)

Grand Theft Auto 4 (That story...what a ride...)

SSX3

Scrapland

Terraria

Various Mario Games for the Gameboy and DS

I've played a ton of games, and there are far too many honorable mentions for me to list (including a lot of what people have already listed), but those games stand way above the others in terms of how much I've played them or how much I enjoyed them.

No one mentioned Psychonauts, Spiderman 2 or Destroy All Humans? Man, original xbox had such a strong lineup of unique games.

I have Destroy All Humans on PS4. Fun game. No GOAT tho.

Spiderman 2 was awesome. Top 10 greatest super hero games, but wasn't ultimate the better version? I never finished 2 so I don't remember everything. Finished ultimate tho

I played a lot of SSX3 on Gamecube. UBER lol

GTA 4 San Andreas? Over Vice City and 5? Never finished 4, but wasn't there alot of complaints about it being tedious?

San Andreas is probably my the GOAT. Everyone talks about how much you can do in 5, but San Andreas gave me more of a reason to explore (find new clothes, cars, weapons, etc).

And Vice City has the 80's time frame

In my actual top 10 (not just my favourite games)

Half life 2 is is in my top 5.

PS2 library> OG Xbox

PS2s library is just so much bigger.

I know what you mean tho. I found some games on the Xbox thst wasn't on the ps2. Like Jedi Knight Jedi Academy. One of my favourite Star Wars games

And they have Halo:CE plus Unreal Championship. Shenmue2. KOTOR1 and 2

10. Spyro: A Hero's Tail

9. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

8. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

7. Animal Crossing GameCube

6. Spongebob Battle for Bikini Bottom (Those who have played it will only understand why I put it in my top 10)

5. Sonic Adventure 2 Battle

4. Pokemon Emerald

3. Pac-Man World 2

2. Super Smash Bros (Can't choose a single game since they all had a different impact on me and I like them all equally)

1. Halo 3

Honorable Mentions: Starwars Battlefront 2, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1. Halo 1-3

2. Cod MW2

3. Star Wars Battlefront II

4. Mass Effect 1-2

5. SSBM

6. Bad Company 2

7. Minecraft

8. KOTOR

9. Any Fifa

10. Need for Speed Most Wanted(2005 one)

1. Halo CE

2. Fallout: New Vegas

3. BULLY (honestly this ties with Hitman: Contracts)

4. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (I think this was the series' sweet spot)

5. Knights of the Old Republic 2 (Again, a close call)

6. Spyro the Dragon (First Game in the Series, Two is a close call and Three didn't age that well IMO)

7. Jak II (Ties with the original Super Mario Land Game Boy)

8. Mortal Kombat Trilogy

9. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2

10. ATV Offroad Fury 2 (yes)

I'm much more of an old classics kind of guy, although

1. Halo 1-3 tops my list. CE's campaign is the only reason I bought an Xbox. I was the first of my friends to get Xbox Live for Halo 2 and I've spent countless hours on that game (and I wasn't even good lol). Halo 3 I've spent the most amount of time of any video game ever, I actually created a Mongoose race for every single map the game had (some of them sucked like Narrows but I tried).

2. Super Mario World and Super Mario Bros. 3. I was a huge SNES fan, and these two games and playing them with my family growing up gave me many memories.

3. Pokémon Stadium/ Yellow/ Gold. Game boy was my best friend, and continuing those games on the N64 was so much fun for me.

4. Mario Kart 64/ Double Dash. I never owned a Gamecube, but the game was that good from playing it at friends' houses that it tops my list, and 64 was almost perfect for me.

5. Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2. Another big SNES game that I could play forever if I had enough time in the world.

6. Super Mario RPG and Paper Mario. I put these two together because they have the RPG type of style and have a lot of similarities between them.

7. Super Smash Bros and Melee. Pretty much the same as Mario Kart.

8. CoD Black Ops 1 and 2. I played these every day throughout high school with my friends.

9. GTA Vice City. This game with cheat codes was endless fun.

10. Shadowrun. I wish I could have had more time to play this when it was popular.

My Top 10.  Most of them are old games. don't have much money to buy new games, and i only pirate games I've played before on general principles.

10: Monster Hunter (First one or GTFO)

Basically the 1st game i put much time into, I love the game, but it makes 10 since the gameplay was a bit too easy.

9: League of Legends

The competitiveness is what really gets me, i don't think i would be playing it otherwise.

8: Star Wars Battlefront

My 1st Shooter game of any notice, Dumped countless hours into this as a kid.

7: Halo Combat Evolved

Epic storyline and a Multiplayer that has withstood the ages. Would have made it higher if it was my 1st halo game i suspect.

6: Final Fantasy XI (75 cap or GTFO)

IMO back when it was 75 it was basically the best done MMO, but that might be me looking though nostalgia glasses. *Don't know if it's agisnt the rules, So will go on to say i know a good private server, PM me.*

5: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion 

I really like the whole flow of this game, Its a great RPG, i just wish it had a party system, Epic companions make good games Epic.

4: Halo 3

My Debut into competitive gaming, dumped more hours into this then i care to think about, Just wish i could have attended one event, to confirm how bad i was...

3: Mass Effect 1

One of the only Shooters I'd give the title to as a good RPG(Never really got into the Fallout Series.) Deep storyline, Good companions, while still managing to maintain Freedom.

2: Dragon Age Origins

Great storyline that made you feel like you where someone based on your action rather then being born into the power,  Not to mention the fact that its one of the games that doesn't have a generic opening no matter what race/class combo you take.

1: Baldur's Gate (1&2 although im partial to 2)

Really Disappointed that i haven't seen mention of this yet.  In my opinion it's the definition of a RPG, And you can see how it molded several RPGs to come. The Freedom, Depth, and storyline is too good to pass up, not to mention the full fledged companions.  Yes it's not perfect, but I'd say it reaches closest to perfections as any game has to that games Genre.

Looking at this list im prolly partial to a good storyline, But I'd stay by my decisions

Baldur's Gate is a very underrated series I agree, like you said its arguably the most influential party-based RPG series ever. If you like Baldur's Gate and the classic Infinity Engine RPG's you should definitely try http://store.steampowered.com/app/291650/ Pillars of Eternity if you haven't already. Its made by some of the same creator's and its one of the deepest and most tactical RPG's to come out in years.

There is several other honorable mentions I left of my list like Deus Ex, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Ninja Gaiden Black, Diablo II, and even Half-Life 2 that deserve to be on a top 100 games list but those aren't games I still "go back to and play" like the other games on my list.

Couldn't possibly put these in order. But these are 10 of the games I've enjoyed ploughing countless hours of my life into.

• Metal Gear Solid (PS1)
  • Halo: Combat Evolved (Xbox)
  • Age of Empires 2 (PC)
  • Unreal Tournment '99 Game of the Year Edition (PC)
  • Diablo 2 (PC)
  • Command & Conquer: Red Alert (PC)
  • 007: Goldeneye (N64)
  • Mariokart 64 (N64)
  • Super Mario Bros 3 (SNES)
  • CoD: Black Ops (mainly the Zombies mode) (PS3)

Need to redo my top 10

1. Ocarina of Time - Majora's Mask(my favourite Zelda game)is an improved version of OoT in terms of game play, but OoT's story is legendary.

2. The Last of Us - One of the greatest openings to any game

3. Halo:CE - changed the way we play shooters on consoles and in general

4. Half-Life 2 - fps, Plat former, puzzle solving, vehicles, zombie/aliens and a intriguing story line(society being oppressed and taken over)

5. Shadow of the Colossus(ICO&SotC HD bundle tho>) - Game doesn't tell you a whole lot. Just play and explore. Some of the most epic bosses and there's 16 of them.

One of the most beautiful games of all time

GTA Vice City/San Andreas - Vice City has the time frame of the 80's, a Miami inspired city with a Scar Fave story line.

San Andreas has the late 80's/early 90's time frame with a Boys in the Hood storyline with a bigger city and multiple cities.

But I gotta go with Vice City. Wanst born in the 80's, but always been a fan of that Era and I played Vice a lot more. Tho I think San Andreas is probably the GOAT between the 2. There's just so much more to do in SAN than Vice City

Dark Souls 2 (and 1) - Feels like a classic game. Doesn't tell you much, just play the game and figure it out. Also the difficulty plays a big factor. If this game was easier it wouldn't even be near my top 10.

Resident Evil series(1-3) - greatest zombie survival horror games. Nothing compares of these classics.

If I had to pick one I'd probably pick 3. Having Nemesis chase you around while trying to get to a new place and find times to get there is pretty intense lol

Although since REmake HD came out. It tops. Nemesis

Pokémon Ruby/Crystal - Yellow should be in there. Yellow was my favorite because you could have all 3 starting Pokémon, but I like I leas now because of thst.

If I had to pick between Ruby and Crystal I'd pick Ruby. Just played it way more on my SP (aka best version of gameboy)

Street Fighter series - SF4 the game thst really got my into SF again(only played as a noob when I was a kid) and also the game I play the most now

Or

Pokémon Kart 64 = GOAT party game

I forgot to mention the ratchet and clank series. It was the Zelda of the PS2 Era for me. Was easily one of my favourite games.

Ratchet and Clank series(if I had to pick one I'd go with Going Commando). So much replay value in those game

Golden eye gets a shout out too top 10 best fps

Halo CE (Now my favorite Halo)

Pokemon Firered #TeamBulbasaur

GTA V

Project M

Halo 2 (1st Halo I played)

Halo Reach (1st MP I played consistently, shit gameplay, fun memories)

Bloodwake

Mech Assault

Black Flag (just started, but it's fun)

Toontown

I haven't played many games lol