Sign in to follow this  
The Snazzer

This Team Can Test Ambush.

Lets break this down. Ambush has 2 Main slayers in Snipedown and Formal, an all around player in Ola, and a support player in Heniz. Lets try to make a team out of the current players to see if we can match that.

Ninja- I don't want to hear that he choked on Dispatch CTF and hes overrated. The only player that can be compared to him that isn't on Ambush is Enable, who isn't going to leave SQ. He knows the game inside and out and is a slaying machine.

apG- Apg had a great tournament at UMG, but unfortunately his team didn't. Ninja and apG would be the slaying duo, and they definitely did just that this past weekend.

Roy- Roy is the counter to Ola. He is smart, experienced, doesn't miss a shot, and is exactly what this team needs.

Mikwin- Yes folks, its that time that Ninja and Mikwin teamed up. They have excellent chemistry and are great friends. Mikwin could be that support player that this team could use. He brought some interesting tricks out at UMG like the storm rifle and excellent thruster pack skills. He is also very vocal and would pump this team up along with Ninja. 

Notes: SQ isn't breaking up. Enable and Flamesword aren't breaking up so thats why they aren't on this team. I also like SQ's roster and I think they should stick it out.

I picked apG over Legit because this team needs more slaying power. I love Legit for his clutch factor, but they need to keep up with slaying with Ambush.

I also really like Chig, but I just don't think hes better than anyone on this team.

So lets match up here, I'll call this new team X

Ambush vs X

Slaying- So team X has no chance of keeping up with the sniping of Ambush on Dispatch. Other than that, I believe they would be able to keep up with the slaying. 

Objective- Neither of these teams has a Ryanoob type of player, they kill everyone and then do objective. Heinz is a pretty good objective player but I am really not too sure how this would turn out.

Ninja vs Snipedown- Real close matchup

apG vs Formal- Formal is better than apG

Roy vs Ola- After more practice, Roy will be on par with Ola

Mikwin vs Heinz- I think Mikwin is/can be better than Heinz. 

Conclusion- Ambush is still better than this team, but who knows what can happen. Will this happen? Probably not. But if someone wants to beat Ambush, this is what I would try. 

I think replacing APG with Legit would be better. Legit has the same slaying power, but is more selfless and supporting, and has better chemistry with Ninja.

I think replacing APG with Legit would be better. Legit has the same slaying power, but is more selfless and supporting, and has better chemistry with Ninja.

Ur right about the Chemistry, but not about the slaying. apG has a better chance in 1v1's vs formal and snipedown than legit. Legit is definitely a smarter player but apG might be able to get more chemistry.

Ur right about the Chemistry, but not about the slaying. apG has a better chance in 1v1's vs formal and snipedown than legit. Legit is definitely a smarter player but apG might be able to get more chemistry.

Yeah, but if you have Ninja, Mikwen, and Roy's slaying power, you want a smart player like Legit to play a support role and make some selfless plays. I think that makes Legit more valuable than APG (plus the chemistry, which may improve I guess).

I wanna see Royal 2 and snakebite come back to see how Columbus 2012 SQ will fare 

When I was watching the stream I thought to myself, if SQ were to drop Ace or Dersky and pickup Roy I think they could definitely have a chance of beating Ambush, but right now it will be tough for any team to beat em'. 

Snakebite is coming back so Ace or Dersky is getting dropped and I have a feeling it's Ace. Royal 2 seemed interested when he was playing FFA's and now with the 500K tourney maybe that will be the final push.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ola's already on Ambush, though. 

Yeah I know, I just want to see them back :/. At the moment I don't really have a favorite team. Closest is Warirors.

Yeah I know, I just want to see them back :/. At the moment I don't really have a favorite team. Closest is Warirors.

I like Warriors but I'm beginning to like Classic more. I've always loved watching Mikwen play, obviously Roy too, now that he's back. Setting aside Ryanoob's personality outside of the game, he's also a joy to watch with the way he maneuvers around the map, the jumps he pretty much invents himself and his amazing objective work.

Snakebite is coming back so Ace or Dersky is getting dropped and I have a feeling it's Ace. Royal 2 seemed interested when he was playing FFA's and now with the 500K tourney maybe that will be the final push.

Snakebite and Royal 2 are a duo per their own words.  If they both come back it makes things interesting because it puts SQ in an awkward spot.  Do they drop Dersky who is a good friend of Flame's? Dersky is also a good friend of Snakebite.

I hope so, I saw Flame, Enable, Snakebite and royal 2 running games like a week ago 

I hope so, I saw Flame, Enable, Snakebite and royal 2 running games like a week ago 

They took down Instinct so I could see them beating Ambush, they just need to put in the practice since I know Snakebite has been gone for awhile playing cod.

Like someone else said Enable wouldn't leave Flamesword and yes I see Lethul being a better slayer than Legit.

Well yeah he can't do obj work on ts...you still need a player that is committed to doing not all but most of the obj work for the team and if you don't it can cause hesitations on who is going to pull the flag and can make your team make a late flag run, warriors is a key example Legit,Ninja,and Apg are all slayers but goofy also takes on the role of a slayer and their team has troube with flag runs example ninja on dispatch flag.

But that's the thing, you don't need some one playing mostly objective... that's why Formal tends to obj/support when he's not sniping on adrift, don't believe me then go watch the event replay. It's so obvious when you watch ambush play that their playstyles and "roles" are map based, not player based. People need to get it out of their head that you have to have a primary obj player ALL THE TIME.

• Upvote (+1) 1

But that's the thing, you don't need some one playing mostly objective... that's why Formal tends to obj/support when he's not sniping on adrift, don't believe me then go watch the event replay. It's so obvious when you watch ambush play that their playstyles and "roles" are map based, not player based. People need to get it out of their head that you have to have a primary obj player ALL THE TIME.

Agreed you don't need one ALL THE TIME but you do need one MOST OF TIME.

And if formal, snipedown, or ola are in better position than heinz to grab the flag than sure they should grab the flag and run it but if Snipedown is sniping and formal and ola are spawn killing players than that leaves heinz to grab the flag and that is what happens most of the time on ambush and is one of the reasons why they win and are on another level than the other top teams. Please don't ever use adrift as an example again. Watch any replays from dispatch, skyline(from knoxville), or simplex and you will see that heinz runs the flag most of the time.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Agreed you don't need one ALL THE TIME but you do need one MOST OF TIME.

And if formal, snipedown, or ola are in better position than heinz to grab the flag than sure they should grab the flag and run it but if Snipedown is sniping and formal and ola are spawn killing players than that leaves heinz to grab the flag and that is what happens most of the time on ambush and is one of the reasons why they win and are on another level than the other top teams. Please don't ever use adrift as an example again. Watch any replays from dispatch, skyline(from knoxville), or simplex and you will see that heinz runs the flag most of the time.  

I thought we already went over this: Heinz isn't an objective player, he's just the least talented player on the roster.

I thought we already went over this: Heinz isn't an objective player, he's just the least talented player on the roster.

but he does the most obj work on the team thus making him an objective player...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can't really put players that do not even play Halo 4 on the list. 

To think players can just come back and be instantly on point with how they USE to play is shenanigans.

Look @ :gandhi:

#burnnnnnnnn

Roy.

If 2012 sQ doesn't reform and grind back to last year's level then I'd say that Roy joining sQ (instead of Ace?) would probably be the most likely way to start a team that could challenge Ambush.

Really though, if Snakebite & Royal 2 both come back we'll be in for a show. Both were insanely good at Columbus last year, and Enable is consistently great too. Add their previous chemistry and they'd be the team to watch.

Seems like ROY is the x factor here? The saddest thing is I dont see Ninja putting his friendship with goofy aside to win tournaments, so Ninja and Goofy are stuck together. I would say the best team to compete with Ambush is SQ with a roster switch. Classic has a fair shot too they just need to practice a lot more! 

Neighbor doesnt have a team, you guys see him getting picked up by a top team? he was a beast back in the day and Im sure could get back to it. 

Ninja Team (Warriors) should pick me up for objective! S/n I'm ranked top 20 in grenade kills! 

No but honestly If ApureG quits they should try finding someone who is more objective based.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Ninja- I don't want to hear that he choked on Dispatch CTF and hes overrated. The only player that can be compared to him that isn't on Ambush is Enable, who isn't going to leave SQ. He knows the game inside and out and is a slaying machine.

Ninja vs Snipedown- Real close matchup

Are you on crack? Ninja is overrated, he's more of a rage and criticism machine, and comparing him to Snipedown is like comparing the ant to the boot. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Warriors is a team of great slayers, but they haven't got any objective players.  While it works against weaker teams, against the top teams you need to have both slayer and objective.  That's what Ryanoob brought to Warriors, even if he doesn't come positive often he helps drastically in Obj. game types.

I would take Heinz over Formal or possibly SD if I were making a team.  Heinz is the least flashy, that is all.

OT

1. Enable

2. Legit

3. Mikwin

4. Roy-only if he puts serious time into the game, otherwise i would chose apg or possibly sudd 1.

The saddest thing is I dont see Ninja putting his friendship with goofy aside to win tournaments, so Ninja and Goofy are stuck together.

How could you possibly say this when Ninja parted ways with Mikwen to team with RyaNoob? Ninja has a longer friendship with Mikwen than he does with Goofy; if he was willing to drop Mikwen then I dont see any reason to believe he wont drop Goofy at some point.

Ironically enough; Ninja left Mikwen because Ryanoob didn't want to team with him.  Now Ryanoob is on a team with Mikwen.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Glad to have 3 of the people everyone is saying on my team!

too bad i suck.

Forever underrated.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Glad to have 3 of the people everyone is saying on my team!

too bad i suck.

Forever underrated.

we all saw those 2kills.  :gandhi: