ThreeShotPistol

Xbox Live blocking now preventing Halo: MCC matchmaking

On the 360 I +rep'd every good player I ran into in the MLG playlist, because I read somewhere it would increase the chance of matching them again. It boggles my mind that people would try to avoid good competition in a competitive playlist.

and some of these ppl are the first to scream "i'm the best"...

• Upvote (+1) 2

Thanks for the info but what do you mean they have no power? They have direct access to the account and all their systems in order to help the person with whatever issue they are having. I just talked to the person that called support that I was talking about and he said they are investigating the situation and would fix it in up to 72 hours. I'm fairly certain Naded also does this... he contacts Microsoft Support and they fix his rep when it goes to red since they are false reports.

Being a former Xbox Support agent for about 2 years. You can trust me when I say the Xbox Support agents and Supervisers have no control over this and many other situations. Xbox Outsources its customer support to third party call centers. However If by some miracle you can get escalated to "Tier 3" and they dont just de-escalate your case; They can fix the issue. But its not very easy to do.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've spoken to numerous Microsoft customer support agents and supervisors over chat, phone, and forums. I've spent hours talking to supervisors about reputation. They all have told me the same thing, that they have no control over reputation. It doesn't matter what the circumstances are. They can't look it and they can't change it. All they do is refer the player to the Enforcement forum.

enforcement forum will most likely be the outcome ya

enforcement forum will most likely be the outcome ya

The Enforcement forum is a joke. I've written them 6-7 times and they've responded to me twice, both times with the same automated copy/paste message, offering zero help. The rest of my posts were ignored, despite how greatly detailed they were. Apparently, now they're no longer using the forum and instead they're using something called "Case Review" on their main website, where you can talk to someone one-on-one about suspensions/bans. There is no case review option for reputation though.

So how do you get a call escalated to "Tier 3"? Do you have to do a lot of yelling and screaming?

The Enforcement forum is a joke. I've written them 6-7 times and they've responded to me twice, both times with the same automated copy/paste message, offering zero help. The rest of my posts were ignored, despite how greatly detailed they were. Apparently, now they're no longer using the forum and instead they're using something called "Case Review" on their main website, where you can talk to someone one-on-one about suspensions/bans. There is no case review option for reputation though.

So how do you get a call escalated to "Tier 3"? Do you have to do a lot of yelling and screaming?

Yelling and screaming gets you to tier 3 faster, but if you're more reserved you can just not hang up until they put you through

Yelling and screaming gets you to tier 3 faster, but if you're more reserved you can just not hang up until they put you through

When I talked to a supervisor for like an hour, she explained that there was nobody over her that I'd be able to talk to after asking a few times. The conversation was actually pretty good though. I explained the whole situation to her in great detail and why it's a broken system. Unfortunately, I didn't get anywhere, though I wasn't expecting to.

lmao I just got a message and my rep is in yellow now. Only a matter of time before it get's lower.

lmao I just got a message and my rep is in yellow now. Only a matter of time before it get's lower.

urdoinitwrongright

Weird so I just checked today and my reputation is back up to Green now.

But there really should be an option to give people positive feedback so we can counteract the people who just block/report anyone simply because they played better.

this must be a joke, two people have reported me being a cheater and now im already in avoid me rep?

aside from that the graph says im in green for september again but that isnt the case at all when checking on the Xbox or Smartglass App

ive probably played against thousands of different people on the Xbox One but 2 negative reps already bump me into avoid

2/1000 = 0,2% yeah that totally makes sense to set me to avoid, good job Microsoft

the system should take the credibility of the guy giving the reputation into account, people that report other gamers as negative too often should be set to avoid as well with all their repurtation feedback being ignored

i have a feeling its always the same people that give negative feedback while the large share of gamers just doesnt care giving reputation feedback

xIzonjH.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

the only reason you should ever block someone is for the reasons listed, if youre blocking someone because you lost thats just childish.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Apparently I have two reports for 'cheating' but I still have green rep. I don't understand why anyone would even waste their time to report or block someone when it takes half an hour for the menu screen load.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Go here: https://enforcement.xbox.com/

Be sure to sign in and click on the Reputation box to see your stats.

There is also more info on the rest of the site.

Thanks.

I have one for cheating and one for unsporting and that's enough to put the bar half way down? Seems a bit easy to get bad rep lol.

Thanks.

I have one for cheating and one for unsporting and that's enough to put the bar half way down? Seems a bit easy to get bad rep lol.

I don't even understand how this works. I actually have 27 for cheating (who knows how lol) and I'm in the green. I also don't have a graph on my main account specifically but any other has it. Does it maybe include reports from years and years ago?

I don't even understand how this works. I actually have 27 for cheating (who knows how lol) and I'm in the green. I also don't have a graph on my main account specifically but any other has it. Does it maybe include reports from years and years ago?

It only counts the past 6 months. I had a bunch of cheating reports in the first couple months, and now I only see one.

Thanks.

Well if you check my stats (I posted them on page 2) you can see I have been reported 8 times, but I've also filed my own reports on people actually worth reporting and I'm still in the green. I guess it's just different for everyone.

I find it funny on MCC people will legit backout and report you in RANKED MATCHMAKING WHY DO YOU PLAY RANKED?!?! THE POINT IS TO PLAY GOOD PPL!!!

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm at "needs work" after a single neg rep.

Wow, more proof that the rep system is a complete joke. I see Microsoft is getting a lot of complaints now on their support forum(Managing my Xbox Live Account on Xbox One), so hopefully something is done soon. I've been dealing with "Avoid Me" reputation for over 3 months now.

I find it funny on MCC people will legit backout and report you in RANKED MATCHMAKING WHY DO YOU PLAY RANKED?!?! THE POINT IS TO PLAY GOOD PPL!!!

Not anymore. The point of ranked is to get a 50 and show off to everyone.

• Upvote (+1) 2

what games can u play in red rep to get ur rep up?

Battlefield Hardline

World of Tanks

Smite

This are the ones I know so far. Battlefield Hardline ignores the rep system and you have 63 other players each match.

The funniest part of all of this is the section on the page that says:

How do you stop people from unfairly manipulating my reputation score?

The reputation system is designed to be resilient and to prevent abuse from other players. There are a number of protections put in place to ensure that other users are not unfairly affecting your reputation score. Reputation takes into account a wide range of data points, of which community feedback is only one component. However, in order to ensure the security and integrity of the reputation system and Xbox Live, we cannot divulge specific reputation protections.

If it's designed to prevent abuse from other players, what exactly is happening here??

If you read all of this page: https://enforcement.xbox.com/Home/HowTo#sub-topic0-0

I'm really confused as to why this is affecting so many people? I know it's happening but I don't understand how.