ThreeShotPistol

Xbox Live blocking now preventing Halo: MCC matchmaking

No that is wrong people block saruh and soulja and thebo and others because shots don't register on them correctly. These people I have mentioned constantly 3 shot at you, but yet when shooting at them bullets just go right through them like shooting at a ghost or something. I have them blocked just for that reason because it ruins my XBL expierence to have people constantly eating bullets yet shooting at me just fine.

So let me get this straight, you're ruining other people's xbox live experience just because you're being hosted by some other people? Come on man that is just wrong and uncivil. Blocking people doesn't work anymore anyways so why even do it smh.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not true. Microsoft Support has no power to do anything about reputation(according to the numerous reps and supervisors I've spoken to) and will refer the player to the Enforcement forum, who will either ignore the player's post or respond to them with an automated copy/paste message.

Thanks for the info but what do you mean they have no power? They have direct access to the account and all their systems in order to help the person with whatever issue they are having. I just talked to the person that called support that I was talking about and he said they are investigating the situation and would fix it in up to 72 hours. I'm fairly certain Naded also does this... he contacts Microsoft Support and they fix his rep when it goes to red since they are false reports.

• Upvote (+1) 1

have been an Xbox Live gold member since Halo 3 was released. I have never been banned. Since the Xbox One was released, I've maintained green reputation. I follow the Code of Conduct and play to win, while upholding positive sportsmanship. I have been Halo:MCC for the past half-year now.

Since the Xbox One was released, I've maintained green rep. until August. A week into August and my reputation has gone down to red. I check why, and it says players have reported that I'm "cheating" (3) and something along the lines of "communication" (3). I have never cheated on Xbox Live, or I would have most definitely received a warning or ban/suspension. I'm usually the quiet one in lobbies, though I play to win - so I communicate/call-out in games to help out my team mates. 

Now, because I have red reputation - I can not find a game when searching in matchmaking on Halo:MCC. I can not find any eligible players while searching; I'm aware this has nothing to do with my connection/setup because I've already checked. I can not use what I paid for, simply put. And I know the exact reason why people have actually been reporting my gamertag, it's an old trick to avoid skilled players while playing ranked/competitive playlists. 

When playing Halo 3 upon its release, (and throughout the games life), players use to avoid each other/file complaints to make sure they didn't run into the same players in matchmaking. Now, for whatever reason, the system is tweaked so that players with worse reputation can rarely find a game - due to obvious pairing issues. I can recall multiple times, (and can provide multiple people who will share similarly), that this is the case. 

Please have the team look into this issue because it is ruining a lot of individual's experience on Xbox Live/Halo. (Not sure if matchmaking issues are the same on different games due to reputation). And I find it extremely peculiar that you can not "prefer" any players on Xbox One or help to raise their reputation in any way. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Thanks for the info but what do you mean they have no power? They have direct access to the account and all their systems in order to help the person with whatever issue they are having. I just talked to the person that called support that I was talking about and he said they are investigating the situation and would fix it in up to 72 hours. I'm fairly certain Naded also does this... he contacts Microsoft Support and they fix his rep when it goes to red since they are false reports.

I've spoken to numerous Microsoft customer support agents and supervisors over chat, phone, and forums. I've spent hours talking to supervisors about reputation. They all have told me the same thing, that they have no control over reputation. It doesn't matter what the circumstances are. They can't look it and they can't change it. All they do is refer the player to the Enforcement forum.

I don't have a single Halo 1 player blocked. Not even Naker from Venezuela. Yes I've lost to him and other laggy players in MM I shouldn't lose to, but guess what? It's a terrible messed up port of Halo 1 being played online. People lag. I am not in the red rep all of a sudden because I lag. Dirt Migirt is not in the red because he lags. He has 125 down and 35 up. Soulja may eat shots for you but that happens when you play a game online. That is not a reason to essentially ban a player from searching MM by abusing the reputation system.

It is designed to avoid players who are vulgar, racist, cheating, etc. not to avoid someone who eats shots online or is simply better than you.

Just as the guy said earlier he is high level in many playlists and has 0 negative reports. I never block anyone for being good. Eating bullets that should hit you is a form of cheating whether its intential or not (there is no way to know if people are doing it on purpose or not). You have been blocked by me 6 months before the h1 playlist even got ranked because of constantly being a douche/butthole via messages and chat. I know slim and 50 send a lot of messages telling people they are trash and stuff too. Have you ever thought maybe your attitude is getting you bad rep and not your skills?

On a different note I got my net upgraded awhile back from 1.5mb up to 2.2mb up which is the highest I can get in my area. So I decided to try streaming again, aparently I was eating bullets even though my shots where unaffected and I was wrecking people. I went from green rep to avoid me in one night of streaming. To me that is a very good thing because if not for the rep system all people would have to do is cap their upload at 2.2mb, throw up a stream and lag their way through the ranked playlists.....

So let me get this straight, you're ruining other people's xbox live experience just because you're being hosted by some other people? Come on man that is just wrong and uncivil. Blocking people doesn't work anymore anyways so why even do it smh.

No there is like 4 or 5 people in the halo 1 community that ghost through perfect shots that should hit them. It has nothing to do with host it doesnt matter if you play them in matchmaking or in customs they eat your bullets and thier shots are unaffected by this type of lag. I have those 4 or 5 people blocked, its pretty rare and its always the same people. 90% of games run perfectly acceptable in the halo 1 playlist for me.

No there is like 4 or 5 people in the halo 1 community that ghost through perfect shots that should hit them. It has nothing to do with host it doesnt matter if you play them in matchmaking or in customs they eat your bullets and thier shots are unaffected by this type of lag. I have those 4 or 5 people blocked, its pretty rare and its always the same people. 90% of games run perfectly acceptable in the halo 1 playlist for me.

You still shouldn't be ruining reputation and other people's experiences when all that's happening is you playing on a good connection because your own is not very good to begin with. Now even though you have them blocked it doesn't even matter so your efforts are all for naught.

You still shouldn't be ruining reputation and other people's experiences when all that's happening is you playing on a good connection because your own is not very good to begin with. Now even though you have them blocked it doesn't even matter so your efforts are all for naught.

I blocked them back when it did matter and as I said earler eating bullets that should hit you is a form of cheating whether it is intentional or not. There is no way to know if someone is doing it on purpose or not, so there is nothing wrong with blocking/reporting players like that. I just looked at my rep from the night I went from green to red because of streaming and it does seem like it takes you down way to fast...I only had 3 reports.

NnTMl5e.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

I blocked them back when it did matter and as I said earler eating bullets that should hit you is a form of cheating whether it is intentional or not. There is no way to know if someone is doing it on purpose or not, so there is nothing wrong with blocking/reporting players like that. I just looked at my rep from the night I went from green to red because of streaming and it does seem like it takes you down way to fast...I only had 3 reports.

That's weird.. I have 8 reports against me and I still have good rep...

I read somewhere that some people's negative feedback does a lot more then others. Like if you report people a lot yours will not do much, but if you dont report people often they will be more effective when you do. Also I got all of mine in one night, that may be important too, I'm not sure.

I had 3 reports for cheating and 1 for unsporting and went into the red sometime during the last week and couldn't play anything.  I use XBL to play with friends from back home so it really sucked.  

I'm not sure if they are resetting people but I all of a sudden had full green rep on my main account (which was orange) and my secondary account (which was red). I know DirtMigirt stopped playing for a few weeks and he all of a sudden got full green on both his accounts too. 

My one friend told me that getting people to follow you helps boost your rep, but I can't confirm. 

all these red rep accounts just show how PUSSY so many of these gamers are. The day I block someone to avoid them in a video game...Please slap the entire fuck outta me. Fucking scrubs.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is bullshit. Same thing is going to happen in halo 5 and maybe other titles not just halo. Can't wait for a load of pros to get pseudo-banned from multiplayer maybe something will be done then. 

Nothing will happen until this starts happening to 'known' players. And even then they'll be able to kick up a stink about it on social media and Microsoft will look into the specific accounts and fix them while leaving everyone else in the dust.

Expect an actual fix for this in a year or 2.

Any game that allows you to avoid players through player feedback is absolutely stupid. The system is so blatantly open for exploitation. You should be able to report players that is then looked into by a third party, but allowing players to police themselves will never work.

The very first thing I can think of when I think of avoiding players is avoiding better players to artificially increase your rank. If I wanted to avoid a player for making racist comments, etc, I'd just mute them.

Again, I find myself asking how the hell people that come up with these systems that DON'T EVEN WORK ON FUCKING PAPER are allowed into top positions in the gaming industry.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hit red rep 2 weeks ago. I was getting voice banned too without a single ******* voice report. No skype, no party, no streaming. Hell I couldnt even send a message.

You either get blocked by salty kids in high ranked or reported as cheater by scrubs if you go +20 in social.

So I buyed and played BF Hardline to get out of red and after a while I even enjoyed it with my friends more than the broken MCC. So like a week later I was back in green.

And now the fucked up part:

Last wednesday I got my Gears of War UE. The game is awesome and I played around 35 games till friday. Saturday I wake up and want to play. Cant find a game. Then I see that I am back in red immediately. No yellow or orange, no. Directly into red not being able to play the new game I payed for.

And then I checked my rep on enforcement.com just to realise and see that I didnt get freaking reported once. I know that because I almost checked it after every game after hitting red the first time.

I hit red immediately for playing Gears with average stats, probably because 1-2 guys blocked me there.

Seriously M$? Sorry but I am really pissed at this point. I payed for the console, game and xbl gold so prove where I did something wrong or let me freaking play the new game I payed for.

I've gotten to the point though where I'm not playing until this bullshit is fixed.

People report this for more than a year now so I would not get up your hopes to high.

Wait, what? So is a negative rep permanent?

If you dont buy BF Hardline/Smite/WoT and play them for days you have about zero chance to get out of red.

That's like Youtube videos having no like button but only dislikes. People are going to fuck with that.

Yep. I know so many nice people that would be willing to help. And I would help anyone too. But there is nothing we can do but like each others stuff.

And while I wrote the rant in the last post sorry I just checked my rep and I am back in green. :bravo:

So at this point is the system is not only broken, its also random.

Going from green to red without a report, not being able to play over the weekend and then going back from red to green over night. Where are yellow and orange?

A friend went from green to yellow while being in the holidays for two weeks.

In the MCC thread i was reading that many hit yellow-red this weekend randomly.

Next gen ladies and gentleman.

Edit: Nevermind. Back to red.

Next gen consoles do indeed suck and if it wasn't for MCC and H5 I'd stay well the hell away. On the other hand, PC gaming is getting better and better.

Counter Strike is like $10. TF2, DOTA2 and LOL are all super competive and FREE and kick starters and early access is allowing awesome games like Unreal 4 and Toxikk to exist which take 100X's more skill than even Halo 1.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The reputation abuse would happen in any generation. Don't blame the gamers, blame Microsoft for their garbage reputation system for Xbox One.

It would happen less if this generation wasn't rewarded for every little thing they do. Not everyone is equal and should be treated as such, some people are good and some people suck, the only difference now is it seems is most people who suck don't want to get better which is fine, to each their own, but they cannot complain about getting stomped as they would rather not play that person/people again then ask themselves why they got beat so badly.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How do you see how many reports you have against you?

No that is wrong people block saruh and soulja and thebo and others because shots don't register on them correctly. These people I have mentioned constantly 3 shot at you, but yet when shooting at them bullets just go right through them like shooting at a ghost or something. I have them blocked just for that reason because it ruins my XBL expierence to have people constantly eating bullets yet shooting at me just fine.

It would happen less if this generation wasn't rewarded for every little thing they do. Not everyone is equal and should be treated as such, some people are good and some people suck, the only difference now is it seems is most people who suck don't want to get better which is fine, to each their own, but they cannot complain about getting stomped as they would rather not play that person/people again then ask themselves why they got beat so badly.

I get what you're saying, but my point is that if they had this reputation system on the original Xbox and Xbox 360, it would have been abused just like it is now, but to a greater extent due to the huge populations back in the glory days of Halo 2 and 3. It's how most people are, if they can't beat you in the game, they want to find a way to get revenge and that revenge now is the reputation system.

On the 360 I +rep'd every good player I ran into in the MLG playlist, because I read somewhere it would increase the chance of matching them again. It boggles my mind that people would try to avoid good competition in a competitive playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I get what you're saying, but my point is that if they had this reputation system on the original Xbox and Xbox 360, it would have been abused just like it is now, but to a greater extent due to the huge populations back in the glory days of Halo 2 and 3. It's how most people are, if they can't beat you in the game, they want to find a way to get revenge and that revenge now is the reputation system.

Yeah without a doubt it's terrible. I don't think MS could have gotten away with this system when h2/h3 were in their prime for competition.