ThreeShotPistol

Xbox Live blocking now preventing Halo: MCC matchmaking

Wow. If you guys know of any way to get people out of red rep let me know and I'll help out. Seems crazy that they would just start screwing up peoples MM based on reports that are easily falsified.

lmao most of my feedback is for messages, as I have been known to shame people for particularly awful performances.

This is bullshit. Same thing is going to happen in halo 5 and maybe other titles not just halo. Can't wait for a load of pros to get pseudo-banned from multiplayer maybe something will be done then. 

My friend had the same problem and played neverwintwe for like 5 days and also played lots of customs and got out back to green.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I got 0 report boys but im not over 30 in anything. Still though I have 50-5 people so much I'm surprised no one has reported me

I'm the same as you - just dominating up to my 50 and 0 reports thus far (up to a 20 in multiple lists and a 37 in my highest) No clue why. I guess I don't warrior hard enough.  :(

The negative reports stay on your file for 6 months, according to www.enforcement.xbox.com

Yupppp

Wait, what? So is a negative rep permanent?

You can also play games and not get reported and it'll slowly rise up on its own.

Wow. If you guys know of any way to get people out of red rep let me know and I'll help out. Seems crazy that they would just start screwing up peoples MM based on reports that are easily falsified.

Read up.

I have one report for being a cheater lmao. I've also reported people for losing on purpose and xbl has messaged saying they punished them. So its good and bad :/

I have one report for being a cheater lmao. I've also reported people for losing on purpose and xbl has messaged saying they punished them. So its good and bad :/

How can you see what reports you have on your profile?

I've gotten a bad rep too. I continue to go positive 20, and my rep is red because "i need to practice more". I rarely find games. 343 and Microsoft can **** ** *****!

Looked at my rep and I have this

cc2504a7d03e736245ff4165b2acbb1e.png

How do you even cheat on mcc this doesn't make sense  :bman:

It goes down way too quick too. 

ebfd6d60fe250983e958eb8981bf7aa7.png

I just now used a mic for the first time in 3-4 months and I instantly get a bad voice feedback :/

Ever since Halo 1 became ranked on MCC, myself and top H1 players in MM have noticed that we are being blocked by players on XBL. The purpose of this was to exploit the block feature to avoid matching players better than you and then rank yourself up by playing people you can beat. 

That's all well and good, except when you've been blocked so much by the same people over and over again your overall Xbox reputation begins to drop. Well, now myself and and multiple other Halo 1 players are now red reputation on XBL. This means that when I go to search MM, I am only allowed to match other players with red reputation. Essentially, this prevents me from playing the game on my account. I have absolutely no idea how something like this is allowed by Microsoft. I have had my account for 8 years and it has had green reputation for the entire tenure. Now suddenly within a couple months I drop to red and they aren't even doing anything about it. 

How is this being allowed to happen by Microsoft?

I was watching Naded's stream a few days ago and he had a red rep as well, he said if you get friends to like your posts or whatever on Xbox it will help your rep turn green again.

I logged on that website.... I have a perfect record somehow... I've played over a couple hundred games. Guess I'm lucky? Haha

The only time i block people is when they are terrible.

Blocking people doesn't do anything in ranked anymore.

Blocking people doesn't do anything in ranked anymore.

It still makes me feel better. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This generation of gamers can't handle competition =\.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The fact that this generation of developers enable scrubs to feel rewarded doesn't help.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The reputation abuse would happen in any generation. Don't blame the gamers, blame Microsoft for their garbage reputation system for Xbox One.

I've heard from someone very recently (yesterday actually) that he called Microsoft about his rep and the representative noticed he didn't really do anything wrong but still had low rep. The representative must have seen the real reason he was reported so many times (beating people online) because the representative actually said he has been reported for beating other players online, and the representative supposedly cleared the false reports.

Plus I want to show my own rep stats so we can hopefully understand it a little bit more. Also... someone else posted their stats and said it goes down way too quick when I actually have been reported 1 more time (8 in Fair Play, while the other person had 6 in Fair Play & 1 in Communication) and I still have better rep than him. Either the different categories might weigh differently on your reputation... or maybe that person actually did what they were reported for. Another thing is that I have filed reports on others myself, and no I don't do what the OP is talking about, they are legit reports against people. Anyway here are my stats...

03ccca094be6885c5dd1523e51f8528c.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

The representative must have seen the real reason he was reported so many times (beating people online) because the representative actually said he has been reported for beating other players online, and the representative supposedly cleared the false reports.

Not true. Microsoft Support has no power to do anything about reputation(according to the numerous reps and supervisors I've spoken to) and will refer the player to the Enforcement forum, who will either ignore the player's post or respond to them with an automated copy/paste message.

This affects not only Halo MM, but other games as well. My friend Saruh ( you may have player her in the H1 playlist) has been blocked to red rep because her boyfriend (Soulja level 50 in H1 on his main) will sometimes play on her account in MM. She cannot find games in COD: AW now because her accounts rep is red from people on H1 blocking her account.

No that is wrong people block saruh and soulja and thebo and others because shots don't register on them correctly. These people I have mentioned constantly 3 shot at you, but yet when shooting at them bullets just go right through them like shooting at a ghost or something. I have them blocked just for that reason because it ruins my XBL expierence to have people constantly eating bullets yet shooting at me just fine.

• Downvote (-1) 5

No that is wrong people block saruh and soulja and thebo and others because shots don't register on them correctly. These people I have mentioned constantly 3 shot at you, but yet when shooting at them bullets just go right through them like shooting at a ghost or something. I have them blocked just for that reason because it ruins my XBL expierence to have people constantly eating bullets yet shooting at me just fine.

I don't have a single Halo 1 player blocked. Not even Naker from Venezuela. Yes I've lost to him and other laggy players in MM I shouldn't lose to, but guess what? It's a terrible messed up port of Halo 1 being played online. People lag. I am not in the red rep all of a sudden because I lag. Dirt Migirt is not in the red because he lags. He has 125 down and 35 up. Soulja may eat shots for you but that happens when you play a game online. That is not a reason to essentially ban a player from searching MM by abusing the reputation system.

It is designed to avoid players who are vulgar, racist, cheating, etc. not to avoid someone who eats shots online or is simply better than you.

• Upvote (+1) 8