Sign in to follow this  
Hasuku CE

Possible Xbox One Backwards compatibility for Xbox Original games.

So I found an interesting article on this. 
http://www.gamesradar.com/one-day-original-xbox-games-could-be-backwards-compatible-xbox-one/

Now if this does in fact become a thing, and if similar scenario to Gears of War 1 being backwards compatible despite the HD remaster; CE and H2 are added. Does anyone suppose it might be possible for someone to create an app for the Xbox One that works like XBC but to  allow these games to play with Xbox live servers through system link?

Can it be done... Yes. Anything can be done when it comes to speaking about linking existing tech. The problem is it probably wouldn't be free. Someone would have to host a server for everyone to connect to, and maybe even a MS server, which they definitely wouldn't let people use without making some kind of profit.

That is, unless someone can make an app that only tries to do system linking like Gears has. Then you could just select the game from a menu and run it through the app to connect to others playing the same game.

If MS were to make it, (Which probably won't happen) they would release it on the console itself and wouldn't charge anyone. If a third party makes it. That may differ. I know some devs they might know a thing or 2 about it

I would love for the original h1 to be brought back, as long as you could system link. The thought of one day not having to carry tvs around is nice.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Splitting the community up even more sounds like a fantastic idea.

You would probably have less people quitting out because they actually are playing the game they want to play. And we would actually have the game, exactly the way it was launched, like we were promised. Not a broken port of a broken port that gets updates every 3 months that completely change and break the game in new ways.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You would probably have less people quitting out because they actually are playing the game they want to play. And we would actually have the game, exactly the way it was launched, like we were promised. Not a broken port of a broken port that gets updates every 3 months that completely change and break the game in new ways.

Broken port of a broken port lol

"Exactly as you remember it, 10 years ago".

Imagine if they gave us Halo 2 1.0

That would be me giggle even harder.

That's quite a stretch when backwards compatibility doesn't even have Halo 3 or Reach yet. Which are 1st party exclusives. 

That's because backwards compatibility isn't coming out in November.

Getting the whole backlog of Xbox exclusives would be huge for Xbox. I could definitely see those games get support. As for XBconnect I'm sure someone will figure it out and hopefully down the line MS will get true LAN support into the system. I doubt we will see native support from MS for online play in the games like CE and H2 but we can dream

If they can make og h2 backwards compatible again would be amazing. Even though it would be system link and local only would be cool. Too bad they couldnt make it use te mcc servers to connect online. So instead of using the mcc port could use the og version.