Sign in to follow this  
EagleBurn

LawBreakers Thread

CliffyB's new studio, Boss Key, has officially announced their new F2P FPS, LawBreakers

Reveal Trailer

Gameplayer Trailer

More details

• The game is "insanely vertical", players will want to avoid the ground, and you have powers that can create low-gravity zones
  • It has "arena shooter in its roots", but it's also doing RPG-ish things with classes and weapon types and so on
  • Bleszinski says that the three main pillars of the game are "gangs, guns, and gravity."

He said this on reddit a year ago about his new game

• “I want to make a skill based game where someone who is really, really good is seen as a player with nearly godlike abilities. Sure, once in a while the person who sucks might get lucky with a stray shot and take that person down, but I want to craft a game that has weapons and moves that are easy to learn but to really make them sing takes thousands of hours of play just like a professional athlete would. Anyone can toss a football, but Drew Brees can get it through the tire at X yards every time."

Yes yes yes! I wonder if the focus is PC or console?

PC.

American football was one of the games that inspired BlueStreak/LawBreakers. You can see this in the different characters/classes and the varying team compositions--I think at the end of the stream they said that each team needs at least one of each class. I'm interested to see objective gamemodes, but we'll probably see generic DM/TDM on Friday. It's still gameplay, though!

• Upvote (+1) 1

You should post the concept art of the map they released as well as the tazer blade.

I've been saying it since I actually looked into this game a while back that this SOUNDS to me like the closest spiritual successor to Shadowrun FPS. I talked to one of the devs on reddit about if anyone in the office had heard about the game. He said most said no but I think a few had heard of it. The art, ideas, and concept all scream shadowrun to me, and I LOVE it!

... I mean what other game had toyed around with a katana that could block bullets and switch you into third person mode? Could have been purely coincidental but personally don't think so. 

The name just reminds me of the horrible Dredd movie.

I'd like to watch actual gameplay before getting hype for it, though, so bring on the gameplay later today.  :walshy:

@@EagleBurn Game looks bad ass. I can already get see the "Omg guiz itZ DestiNy with fly1ng" but I'm looking forward to giving it a shot. The Skirmisher looked awesome!

Holy fuck the movement!!!!!!!!

Cliffy B said he wanted this game to be somewhat easy to get into but Masters of the game will be seen as nearly untouchable gods.

Reminds me of the early Quake/UT 99' days with the low Grav environments. Extremely excited for this game now that I see its not the typical cartoonish TF2-style class-based game(not that there is anything wrong with that but we dont need another one especially with Overwatch coming). I love that Cliffy and Boss Key are bringing innovation mechanically and a new style with this game as well, that is really what the genre needs right now not more clones.

They are taking the right approach with this game to make it successful, its a combination of old-school skill-based movement mechanics and projectile-based weapons with a focus on bringing that style of game into the modern age with its own unique twist and modern AAA gaming features to make it more accessible and current with the modern shooter audience. Dat grappling hook is like the modern day version of the translocator, like "They put WHAT into a shooter?" lol. I really miss the days when I was EXCITED by new mechanics, mods, and maps in shooters unlike today when the selling point is literally exclusive unlockables and future DLC for unreleased games. I really looking forward to this and the new UT in the future bringing back what made shooters fun to me, hopefully their fan-bases will feed off each other and rise each other up and not split the audience and destroy each other.

• Upvote (+1) 1