Sign in to follow this  
KurtiZ

Sniper Medal Vote! H3 or H5 style for final version of H5:Guardians?

Halo 3 vs Halo 5 Sniper Headshot medal art  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Which medal would you prefer for the final game?

• Halo 3 Version (Red Crosshair on Gold Star background)
    • Current Halo 5 Version (White Skull with Crosshair on Green background)

I don't think its a secret that the general design of medals from Halo 4 until now has been nothing but garbage. Probably has something to do with the new "medals" looking like plastic or stickers or the ugly colors or the weird shapes that all look the same. Actually I can't think of anything good to say about the new medals at all.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Personally I thought Reach had the best looking medals; metallic, weighty, and not pristine.

Definitely not a fan of 343's medal design though, so I'd be happier with the traditional Sniper kill medal.

• Upvote (+1) 4

The h5 sniper medal is one of their better designs tbh.

But that said it still falls short to the classic version

I'd rather have the h5 sniper medal but have the halo3 multi kill medals

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

#MedalGate

*Meanwhile at 343 studies*

"You know what we should do? Put in a Generic kill medal. Whats better than knowing you got a generic kill every single kill"

"Thats a great idea dude, generic kills, how didn't we think of that before"

Then they change and ruin all of the OG medals.

How the multikill medals look now is super annoying. 

Over 90% of people will agree on H3, but it's one of these things 343 changed just because someone on their art team said "fuck it", so we're stuck with this.

#MedalGate

*Meanwhile at 343 studies*

"You know what we should do? Put in a Generic kill medal. Whats better than knowing you got a generic kill every single kill"

"Thats a great idea dude, generic kills, how didn't we think of that before"

Then they change and ruin all of the OG medals.

How the multikill medals look now is super annoying. 

At least they removed the generic kill medal for Halo 5.

Halo 3 had the best collection of medals IMO, also gave them out at the appropriate rate.

The halo 5 sniper medal may as well just be a skull, I can't see that tiny sniper reticule if I'm spectating on twitch or something

Halo 3 had a great amount of medals. Very appropriate. Assist medal needs to be implemented. Probably the most useful medal in the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Know I'll get hate for this, but the H3 one is too bright & pointy for my likes, and would seem out of place in H5. 

Do agree that Reach had the best medals. 

95% with over 100 votes is probably the most united we've ever been on any topic.

Yep. Its hard to disagree when the medals don't even look like a medal but more like plastic or stickers. Regardless of which version of bungie's medals people actually prefer they're more immediately recognizable through drastic shape differences and/or color shifts compared to the newer style that all have a really similar look. Plus as stated above Reach took those medals which were all distinct and added a metallic look that reinforced the idea of it being a medal. The new ones are just functionally worse and fall short of the idea that Reach tried to convey with the metallic design. After all of that I personally just like the old design more aesthetically too.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Personally I thought Reach had the best looking medals; metallic, weighty, and not pristine.

Definitely not a fan of 343's medal design though, so I'd be happier with the traditional Sniper kill medal.

Reach's were dirty/scruffy looking and I much prefer h3s sniper medal to Reach's, although they both blow H5's out the water.