Jay

Headset for Xbox One?

Hey, my nephew would like a new headset after a50s being useless and I thought I'd ask here. He's looking to spend anything from £50-100 (~$80-160). I've looked at the HyperX headsets and they look promising for the price (~£55) but I don't know too much about them, just what has been said on review videos. I have Sennheisers but they're out of his price range and he wants to get away from Astros as he's had a bad experience with them.

Any suggestions are welcome if possible, thank you!

The bottom level Turtle Beaches aren't bad for the money, but I would not advise on getting any of their more expensive headsets. I hear a lot of good things about the HyperX headsets. The official Xbox headset is considered to be alright http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-Stereo-Headset/dp/B00IAVDQCK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418695720&sr=8-1&keywords=xbox+one+stereo+headset

I am currently using the Polk 4 Shot, and that has been great for me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey, my nephew would like a new headset after a50s being useless and I thought I'd ask here. He's looking to spend anything from £50-100 (~$80-160). I've looked at the HyperX headsets and they look promising for the price (~£55) but I don't know too much about them, just what has been said on review videos. I have Sennheisers but they're out of his price range and he wants to get away from Astros as he's had a bad experience with them.

Any suggestions are welcome if possible, thank you!

Hyper X is also a very good brand, I'd go for those. A40s plus the mix amp are good too, but A50s are pretty with Quality Control.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The bottom level Turtle Beaches aren't bad for the money, but I would not advise on getting any of their more expensive headsets. I hear a lot of good things about the HyperX headsets. The official Xbox headset is considered to be alright http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-Stereo-Headset/dp/B00IAVDQCK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418695720&sr=8-1&keywords=xbox+one+stereo+headset

I am currently using the Polk 4 Shot, and that has been great for me.

Hyper X is also a very good brand, I'd go for those. A40s plus the mix amp are good too, but A50s are pretty with Quality Control.

Thanks for the replies. I've had (well still got them actually) turtle beach x40s? I think, they're ok but he's looking for something more "professional". I'm pretty sure they do but HyperX's will work with an a40 mix amp right?

Also has which type of HyperXs please? There are some different models it seems so any recommendations there would be great.

Thanks guys.

I've always liked Turtle Beach's and love my 500X although that's a bit above your range.  They have a new one, the 420X which looks to have good reviews and is in your price range. 

I like being able to hear my voice in the speakers when I talk which I'm pretty sure the Msft headsets don't do.....not sure about the other brands. 

I have the turtle beach set. It's good for the money. The only thing I don't really like about the Turtle beach set is how fragile it is. Breaks easily so you really have to be careful where you place it. It's like a smartphone without a case. If you can take care of your turtle, should be good to go. 

Hyperx Cloud II's are what I use. Nice headset, but no way to mute the mic without a chat adapter. I use a current Xbox One controller that has the built in adapter, so the separate chat adapter is not necessary to use. 

Hey man if you have the xbox adapter I highly recommend the steelseries sibera v3's. Super comfy. I just need a damn mixamp now.