Beryl AU

Weight Training, Diet & Exercise Advice Thread

I feel you. My preworkout doesn't even get me motivated or excited to train right now, my tolerance is through the roof. I feel like I need to inject taurine into my veins to feel stimulant :/

Great suggestions.  

I just need to push myself tonight at the gym or maybe go for a nice run.  

I just feel so unmotivated sometimes, like as if nothing ever has a purpose anymore and I'm just doing shit for the sake of doing shit. lol

I feel you, dude. I never want to work out. Between, full time work, study, managing 2 kids and lack of sleep, the last thing I want to do is weight training, but then I think what is the alternative? Do nothing and watch all my hard work slowly disappear..... I would feel 100x worse if I did nothing at all.

Anyway, on a more positive note - This week I'm back to 97.5kgs for my bench max (531). Hit 95kgs x 3 @ 75kgs (163lbs) last cycle so this should be easy........ :( Hopefully, next cycle I'm back to 100kg's (225lbs). I will make a vid this time around.

I feel you. My preworkout doesn't even get me motivated or excited to train right now, my tolerance is through the roof. I feel like I need to inject taurine into my veins to feel stimulant :/

I have stopped taking PWOs for awhile and I really suggest you do the same.  Once you come off, you won't want to ever go back on it ever again.  

All I use for stims is coffee and that's only for the morning since I wake up every day at 6:30am.

I feel you, dude. I never want to work out. Between, full time work, study, managing 2 kids and lack of sleep, the last thing I want to do is weight training, but then I think what is the alternative? Do nothing and watch all my hard work slowly disappear..... I would feel 100x worse if I did nothing at all.

Anyway, on a more positive note - This week I'm back to 97.5kgs for my bench max (531). Hit 95kgs x 3 @ 75kgs (163lbs) last cycle so this should be easy........ :( Hopefully, next cycle I'm back to 100kg's (225lbs). I will make a vid this time around.

I can't imagine what it's like to have all that.  That's so much of your time already taken minus the gym.  

When you say 'cycle'....do you mean what I mean? LOL

On a super duper positive note, I killed it tonight with chest and decided to do stadium stair steps for like a few minutes.  That shit worked me out.

Reason why I got positive tonight?  Seeing a girl I used to know of (didn't really know) at my old college.  Someone I know, who was in my fraternity at the time, had her as his gf for some time.  

Still hot.  HNNNGGGG

WHEN WILL IT BE MY TURN?

27105538.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

I have stopped taking PWOs for awhile and I really suggest you do the same.  Once you come off, you won't want to ever go back on it ever again.  

All I use for stims is coffee and that's only for the morning since I wake up every day at 6:30am.

I can't imagine what it's like to have all that.  That's so much of your time already taken minus the gym.  

On a super duper positive note, I killed it tonight with chest and decided to do stadium stair steps for like a few minutes.  That shit worked me out.

Reason why I got positive tonight?  Seeing a girl I used to know of (didn't really know) at my old college.  Someone I know, who was in my fraternity at the time, had her as his gf for some time.  

Still hot.  HNNNGGGG

WHEN WILL IT BE MY TURN?

27105538.jpg

haha, not that cycle. My cycle is week 1,2,3 & deload. 4 week together = 1 cycle. Good luck with the girl! :)

Still hot.  HNNNGGGG

WHEN WILL IT BE MY TURN?

27105538.jpg

Haha thats motivation enough to kill your workout. Honestly, I had a couple days off where I only used coffee as stim, worked great and I had a pretty clear and focused workout. But IMO I think smoking weed is the best preworkout, if you like going into the gym with complete tunnel vision and focus. Sounds weird but my best workouts especially cardio wise have been uti of cannibus. Pre Workouts are just a habit for me, but like I said I can get off it whenever I please my workouts aren't dependant on it.

haha, not that cycle. My cycle is week 1,2,3 & deload. 4 week together = 1 cycle. Good luck with the girl! :)

Won't happen.  Wayyy out of my league and I haven't done shit with my life.  

I'm just a broken record as far as I am concerned (it's the truth).

Haha thats motivation enough to kill your workout. Honestly, I had a couple days off where I only used coffee as stim, worked great and I had a pretty clear and focused workout. But IMO I think smoking weed is the best preworkout, if you like going into the gym with complete tunnel vision and focus. Sounds weird but my best workouts especially cardio wise have been uti of cannibus. Pre Workouts are just a habit for me, but like I said I can get off it whenever I please my workouts aren't dependant on it.

Are you serious?  That's the craziest thing I have ever heard.  

Weed as a PWO? LOL 

"WHOA DUDE...DID I DO.....2 REPS.....OR 2 SETS?" 

Won't happen.  Wayyy out of my league and I haven't done shit with my life.  

I'm just a broken record as far as I am concerned (it's the truth).

Are you serious?  That's the craziest thing I have ever heard.  

Weed as a PWO? LOL 

"WHOA DUDE...DID I DO.....2 REPS.....OR 2 SETS?" 

Dead serious haha. Not like get unbelievably ******** baked because then you're probably gonna be wasting alot of time. I usually hit the one hitter before stepping into the gym, its amazing. If you want a great pump you can feel then smoke some of dat herb before. Plus if youre bulking it will help you hit your caloric numbers.

What fraternity are/were you in?

What fraternity are/were you in?

Sigma Alpha Epsilon (SAE)

Don't count yourself out before you even try jit. Good to hear you're enjoying working out more now :)

She's studying to become a doctor I think.  No chance in hell.

Gun do legs tonight.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Signed up for the gym today. Only really have spent a month in the gym and only really hit the chest press and pec deck lol. Always trained outside or at home doing bodyweight stuff so hopefully I can ramp up them gains now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Very cool...I'm a Kappa Sigma.

I got an invite to pledge them but didn't.  Should have done though.  But really, fraternities are no different than the other in the grand scheme of things.

Signed up for the gym today. Only really have spent a month in the gym and only really hit the chest press and pec deck lol. Always trained outside or at home doing bodyweight stuff so hopefully I can ramp up them gains now.

Good job man! 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I got an invite to pledge them but didn't.  Should have done though.  But really, fraternities are no different than the other in the grand scheme of things.

There are some differences, but yeah, they all tend to have similarities. Pros and cons.

She's studying to become a doctor I think.  No chance in hell.

Don't have that mindset. You bring unique qualities and experiences to the table that others don't.

I agree with you all on motivation.....losing what I've worked hard to gain is my true motivation

I may sound dumb, but besides bench press, military press, and overhead press, what others are there? When the starting strength page just says "press" do I just choose one to do?

PS: So the starting strength thing says I should rotate those two workouts on non consecutive days, so I have been doing those on MWF, what do I do on Tues/Thurs? I have just been doing some back and arms work those days and then cardio once im all done.... What else should I do?

Well any push movement can usually be classified as a press. There's also the Leg Press, but you've mentioned all the other "presses" I can think of atm.

I may sound dumb, but besides bench press, military press, and overhead press, what others are there? When the starting strength page just says "press" do I just choose one to do?

PS: So the starting strength thing says I should rotate those two workouts on non consecutive days, so I have been doing those on MWF, what do I do on Tues/Thurs? I have just been doing some back and arms work those days and then cardio once im all done.... What else should I do?

Workout A is squat/bench/deadlift then workout B is squat/OHP/rows. When I did SS I think I used tues/thurs as rest days. The load can get quite heavy and is much needed once you're far into it. Up to you though, I think I rotated every other day after a while. A rest B rest A rest B rest.

Push Pull Legs Power Rest. 

Push Pull Legs Hypertrophy.

brb swole

brb strong

brb best of both worlds. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks for the feedback, not sure what I wanna do with Tues/Thurs yet, may use it as rest days like you guys said, but at same time could go in and just do some light work. Not sure.... thanks

Harville, just buy Arnold's guide to bodybuilding (if that's your thing).  When I first started out, I read that book and it really changed a lot of things I did at the gym.

And just workout till you can't workout anymore.  That's how they did it in the old days of powerlifting/bodybuilding (I'm being serious).  High volume training was a thing back in those days.  Hours and hours spent at the gym perfecting that rep to gain the maximum amount of tension in those muscles to force them to grow.

But then again, steriods were actually legal back then.

Just sayin.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Depending on your goals I would just use your off days to rest. Your rest days are arguably more important than your workout days, as your muscles will repair and grow in that time. Also, don't do anything other than what the program says at this point, as it can lead to muscular imbalances. There is a reason why the guys who write these programs are so well respected. It's because they know what the are talking about and have many years of experience.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Decided to not go to the gym tonight cause I am tired and sore from last nights back workout (didn't do legs).  Having a shitty beer right now probably just wasted that workout lol

How often do you guys drink?  Just curious.  I know Furious Pete talked about this but I haven't seen that vid in awhile.

Bodybuilders don't drink cause it just breaks down the body.