Beryl AU

Weight Training, Diet & Exercise Advice Thread

Ok I have figured out what I am supposed to be doing with my diet, my worst problem is snacking. Lately I have been choosing bananas or oranges or something to eat. I eat three meals a day but I think the thing that always got me was snacking. I tend to snack in between the three meals. I have been trying to snack more healthy and it has been helping a bit.

Better question is. Where do I go to decide a routine? I have checked out bodybuilding.com but I don't really know which one to choose.

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/The_Starting_Strength_Novice/Beginner_Programs

I did the Practical Programming Novice Program (with chins and pulls), but any of them are good.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Thanks man! Just downloaded the Livestrong myplate app to keep track of my calorie intake. Now all I need is discipline!

To help with the mental aspect, don't think of it as a daily chore or hassle. Think of it as a lifestyle and how damn good you'll look in the long run with good consistency and dedication. If you've stayed consistent for a few weeks with your eating habits and you want to eat something you've been craving or whatever, go for it. It wont kill you, but remind yourself that consistency is key so get right back on the discipline the next day.

As for the snacking, just think 'If it fits your macros'. Doesn't matter what you eat at what point in the day, as long as at the end of the day everything you've eaten fits in your calorie and macro requirements then you're good to go.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think whether people are trying to lose or gain weight everyone should incorporate some sort of strength/weight training into their exercise program. You will see people doing cardio every single day trying to lose weight and look the exact same a few months later because they either eat a mess or don't incorporate weight training into their program. It makes me sad when i hear women think that lifting weights is BAD for them. Some people just don't know better and need to be taught correctly.

Also, can someone link me that video of that sexy blonde lifting some crazy weight at a meet? I remember someone posting it recently on the Halo Council forums but since the site is down i can't find the vid. Wanted to show it to someone i know.

Worked over 12 hours today and this is why I hate gyms that close at 10pm.  

I'm going to buy my own weight set, bench, barbell, and dumbbells on my next paycheck.  Seriously, fuck this shit.

I'm so fucking angry right now.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm going to buy my own weight set, bench, barbell, and dumbbells on my next paycheck.  Seriously, fuck this shit.

you go girl.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Squat/Power rack > bench rack

My workout partner's brother just got his IFBB Pro card today at the meet in Pittsburgh. It was such an amazing accomplishment. His diet over the last two years changed his results drastically. It was pretty cool because he is Pakistani and its nice to see some success for the Pakistani community. We never excel in any sports lol. I grew up with him and it was pretty cool to watch him just rise up over the years and finally fulfill his dream.

• Upvote (+1) 1

God, for the life of me, I can't get up 55 lb DBs for seated OHP. I can handle the weight once it's over my shoulders....but I can't fucking "curl" the weight up that high, lol. Even using my quads to kick start the weight.

I tried out one of those handheld body fat monitors after my workout today, just for shits and gigs. Never done that kind of thing before. It came up with 7% three times in a row. I know those things are not very accurate, but still, even if it's 5-7% off, I'm pretty content. Feeling pretty good about that, even if it's just a number!

Lil collage of my gainz. The struggles of an ectomorph. Any rough estimates on BF%? Last I measured I was hovering around 13% a month and a half ago. Also need some recommended thermogenics if anyone has experience.

EDIT: ONE MORE TING. opinions on Vibrams? 

post-2534-0-69458400-1378098943.jpg

we close at 11 brah you can come here

Where's 'here'? 

I have a confession to make.  I haven't worked out in like 2 weeks, probably more.  Instead I have taken up drinking "craft beer" on the weekends.

God damn, I need to find a new hobby.  Bored with video games, bored with reading books, bored with the gym (not seeing results and then gym closing on me), and other shit.

I know it's me whining but I'm just bored the fuck out of my mind.

Feel like having a beer just about now but I have work tomorrow.

Where's 'here'? 

I have a confession to make.  I haven't worked out in like 2 weeks, probably more.  Instead I have taken up drinking "craft beer" on the weekends.

God damn, I need to find a new hobby.  Bored with video games, bored with reading books, bored with the gym (not seeing results and then gym closing on me), and other shit.

Take your workouts outside, do calisthenics or something change it up. I feel you though, I'm kinda in the same situation. Getting bored of games, and starting to lose motivation in the gym it happens.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Where's 'here'? 

Pick up an instrument or something. I'm just starting to learn piano. Signed up for piano class at my community college as an elective, it's not too bad.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Great suggestions.  

I just need to push myself tonight at the gym or maybe go for a nice run.  

I just feel so unmotivated sometimes, like as if nothing ever has a purpose anymore and I'm just doing shit for the sake of doing shit. lol