Beryl AU

Weight Training, Diet & Exercise Advice Thread

Dude where I live there are no whataburgers, but my grandparents have family out west so when we go out there we always try to stop at a whataburger. Soooooooo goooooodddddd 

Just curious, how many of you know what Chick-Fil-A is and how many of you have eaten it? 

Don't know bout you Jits but I freaking love it ..... 

I always thought whataburger was only located in Texas but I guess not. I love Chick fil a but usually whenever i want a burger it has to have beef so i dont go there as much. The few times i have though i always thought it tasted great and feels much healthier than your average fast food place.

• Upvote (+1) 1

^hnnng

hit an ohp pr today, 90lb for 7 reps.

i swear some songs make me lift better cause the 70lb warm up felt heavy as fuk. sick ass song comes on and i just pump away at 90.

cant wait to hit the 100lb milestone.

225 deadlift pr is next. my body is ready.

• Upvote (+1) 1

good stuff sbk

i also think its a mental thing as well, can never get that pumped up for something you know is a warm-up

had to buy new jeans today since my ass no longer fits my old pair lol

them feels. my thighs are getting bigger, making my jeans tight as fuck but the waist is still fine.

idk what im gonna do when they get too tight. i hate baggy jeans as well, prefer the slim fit ones. fuuuck.

had to buy new jeans today since my ass no longer fits my old pair lol

Last December I bought 4 pair of dress pants for my sisters wedding and for future events like interviews and etc. Not even 6 months later none of them were fitting me it was so stupid. I learned the hard way to buy a size up on them and just wear a belt.

It took three days each of 5+ hours of skiing, but my legs are finally worn out. I'm so tired. My quads were cramping up big time toward the end of today, and my feet are killing me. But it was a great time, lots of good runs, some good powder today. Well worth it.

I always thought whataburger was only located in Texas but I guess not. I love Chick fil a but usually whenever i want a burger it has to have beef so i dont go there as much. The few times i have though i always thought it tasted great and feels much healthier than your average fast food place.

Yeah they pride themselves on the quality of their food. Cooked in canola oil and peanut oil so it is a little bit healthier for you. 

Yeah they pride themselves on the quality of their food. Cooked in canola oil and peanut oil so it is a little bit healthier for you.

I'd argue lard can be healthier than canola oil.

I'd argue lard can be healthier than canola oil.

True, I was just saying that Chick-Fil-A tries to claim they are healthier for you by saying they use those things 

Hello guys, noob here.

What are people's thoughts on Mass gainers as opposed to Standard protein powder? I can try to explain a little more if someone cares to help, but basically I am a skinny guy (5'11", about 150 lbs), who wants to be in shape for soccer, while also having respectable bulk. The big issue with me is that I have never been able to eat a lot (likely because I'm a slow eater), and I don't have the money for high-quality food or for drinking protein shakes frequently (I plan on drinking shakes post-workout only, 3 times a week).

I don't have anything set in stone as far as my diet or my workout routine goes, but I have two roommates who plan lifting and running (hopefully including sprints) in time for soccer tryouts somewhere and I plan to train with them.

I will be happy with any improvement at all, as I'm ultimately doing this for my physical well-being (the most competitive soccer I'll likely play is intramural). I am currently optimistic because I'm training with friends, and I'm aiming to take other measures such as eating slightly better and going to bed earlier. But I just want to ask if Mass gain powder is worth it as a shortcut (since my diet isn't very promising), or if Standard protein powder is still the way to go.

Hello guys, noob here.

What are people's thoughts on Mass gainers as opposed to Standard protein powder? I can try to explain a little more if someone cares to help, but basically I am a skinny guy (5'11", about 150 lbs), who wants to be in shape for soccer, while also having respectable bulk. The big issue with me is that I have never been able to eat a lot (likely because I'm a slow eater), and I don't have the money for high-quality food or for drinking protein shakes frequently (I plan on drinking shakes post-workout only, 3 times a week).

I don't have anything set in stone as far as my diet or my workout routine goes, but I have two roommates who plan lifting and running (hopefully including sprints) in time for soccer tryouts somewhere and I plan to train with them.

I will be happy with any improvement at all, as I'm ultimately doing this for my physical well-being (the most competitive soccer I'll likely play is intramural). I am currently optimistic because I'm training with friends, and I'm aiming to take other measures such as eating slightly better and going to bed earlier. But I just want to ask if Mass gain powder is worth it as a shortcut (since my diet isn't very promising), or if Standard protein powder is still the way to go.

Make your own. Whole milk, peanut butter, oatmeal, honey, and vanilla protein powder. Throw it all into a blender. That's just one basic example and equals roughly 700 cals (if you just do one standard serving of each). All those ingredients can be bought in bulk and are relatively cheap.

Traditional mass gainers have a ton of additional crap in them that you don't need. By making your own, you control all of the ingredients going in and get better micronutrients from it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Make your own. Whole milk, peanut butter, oatmeal, honey, and vanilla protein powder. Throw it all into a blender. That's just one basic example and equals roughly 700 cals (if you just do one standard serving of each). All those ingredients can be bought in bulk and are relatively cheap.

Traditional mass gainers have a ton of additional crap in them that you don't need. By making your own, you control all of the ingredients going in and get better micronutrients from it.

That doesn't sound bad, except I remember how bad vanilla powder tastes for me (I've never tried vanilla with multiple ingredients though). Do you think/know that'll mix okay with chocolate, or is chocolate generally less preferred?

Also, noted on mass gainers.

Finally had a major increase in weight for squat. Really hadn't been motivated for about a month and finally a couple weeks ago I just got super motivated out of no where. Came into the gym tonight confident to put up some weight on squat and did 315X3 and felt great. The heaviest I squatted before was 285X4. Hopefully I can keep these gains coming.

That doesn't sound bad, except I remember how bad vanilla powder tastes for me (I've never tried vanilla with multiple ingredients though). Do you think/know that'll mix okay with chocolate, or is chocolate generally less preferred?

Also, noted on mass gainers.

I said vanilla because it sounded like the best combination with those other ingredients. Go ahead and try whatever flavor powder you want. Either way, I guarantee that shake will taste better than mass gainers. I've had numerous buddies say mass gainers taste like crap.